Impetuous

Impetuous

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  1,350 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Grade school teacher Carlie McDaniels trades in her frumpiness for the look of an exotic harem girl, at least for one costume party. So long, spinsterhood--and hello, tall, dark and handsome Tyler Ramsey....
Even after the best night of their lives, Tyler hasn't guessed the identity of his harem hottie...and Carlie plans on keeping him in the dark. After all, a gorgeous gu...more
ebook, Nook, 224 pages
Published June 1st 2009 by Harlequin Famous Firsts Collection (first published June 1st 1995)

Kelly
Guys. I don't know if this is the normal price or if I should chalk this up to a New Year's miracle, but this book was only .86. EIGHTY-SIX CENTS. It's like I stepped into a Tardis and went back to 1962 and people are smoking pot in the parking lot and if the books are too expensive in 1962 I can jump back in that Tardis and go to 1902 or 1925 or 1933 and I'll somehow find a time where ALL books are .86 and it'll be awesome. DO YOU GUYS KNOW HOW MANY BOOKS I CAN BUY WITH $10 IF THEY'RE ALL ONLY...more
Katie
I'm so conflicted about this book. On the one hand, I'm generally a fan of Lori Foster. I liked her spicier novel, Too Much Temptation, so I thought I might enjoy this one too.

Not so much. I liked the characters, but I just could NOT get past some of the language that was used, especially by the hero. Bosom, dalliance, impertinent, and especially frequently calling women "females". I mentally scoffed at one quote in particular by the hero: "How plump are you? How bountiful is your bottom?" Reall...more
KatLynne
Liking the sexy cover and the great price (86 cents at Amazon), I couldn’t resist this purchase while later thinking “Oh no, not another “frumpy” heroine.” But to my surprise, I liked this book.

First, I admit Carlie did grate on my nerves (a little) at times, but she wasn’t over the top and I found myself liking this intelligent, funny, caring woman. Carlie McDaniels is an emotionally tortured heroine. She is all alone having no family who love her. Having been raised by a grandfather who did n...more
HÜLYA
Bazı yaraların tedavisi uzun sürer...Veya bazı yarlar iyileşmez..
Bu hikaye için oldukça uygun bir söz....Oldukça düşündürücü bir hikaye idi...Yazarı ilk defa okuyorum kalemini sevdim..Kadın karakter Carlie bazen beni sinir etti..Ama onun durumundaki ruhu yaralı bir kadının yapacağı türden şeydi bu..
Evde kalmış kız kurusu görünümlü orta yaş öğretmenlerne benzeyen Carlie'nin bu görüntüsü düzmece idi..
Başından çok kötü bir evlilik tecrübesi geçirmiş olan Carlie'nin kadınlık özgüveni eski kocası tar...more
Stevi
WOW The cover for this one is OKAY at best but WOW what an amazing story line!!

I just love how deep you get in the two main characters Carlie is a shy once divorced women who one night at a Halloween party gives herself to her best friends brother- in-law while wearing a mask and he has NO Clue who it was who rocked his world and who he felt a strong connection with.

Tyler is a well off bachelor, who is played by women who went a way to get to the top.

Carlie is a school teacher who has been hurt...more
Nikki
This is a sweet romance about two people who have had plenty of heartache in their past finding their way to happiness. I really enjoyed this book. Carlie was a character I could definitely relate to. After a marriage gone wrong, she closes herself off to men, dressing in drab clothes that conceal her figure. Her self esteem has taken a beating and its hard for her to let people in. Tyler grew up with a mother who cared more about booty calls than raising her two sons. Once grown, he's achieved...more
Pınar
4.5

O kadar güzel bir hikaye ve sonu berbat şekilde kesilmiş. Ne olup bittiği bile anlaşılmıyor. Keşke aralardan kesselerdi de sonun tamamı yayınlansaydı. Olmayan İngilizcemle ben bile anladım yani!

Özellikle sonunda; Carlie kalbimi kaybettim dediğinde Tyler'ın "Hayır, kaybetmedin. Bende ve onu geri vermiyorum" sözünü çıkartmalarına sinir oldum. Adamın en romantik anını baltalamışlar resmen :( Ve o arada söylenen bir sürü şey. Off sinirim bozuldu, çok güzeldi bu son yakışmadı :( Keşke İngilizcem o...more
Carrie
Surprisingly entertaining even though it contains one of my least favorite device: hidden identity. If you suspend disbelief a bit, the interaction between Carlie and Tyler was charming and mostly believable. I though Foster handled Tyler's confusion over his feelings quite well. The back-and-forth went on a little too long, but I stil enjoyed the book more than I'd hoped.
Wendy
This one is a quick read that you would enjoy on vacation or to take along on you errends. Lori Foster knows how to creat characters that are real and believable.

This is a really great story of love and attraction that will make your heart beat a little faster, but will also have you wanting the characters to make things work between them.

Casse NaRome
I enjoyed this book even though it involved the plot I hate the most...Stupid pointless secret. I seriously didn’t see the point of this secret and once it got to a certain point anyone would say “hey man here is the deal and here is why.” But of course it snow balled out of control and she kept doing crazy things and blatant lies to cover. It got to the point were I could understand where he was coming from when it blew up.
Still he blew up to the extreme and I was like uh he has issues nobody...more
Karla
Short, fun, kind of cute and in many ways real.
Carlie is shy, extremely so. One night she is tricked by her best friend into wearing a sexy costume at a party. In her shyness she runs away to hide when she notices Tyler, her best friend's brother in law notices her. Tyler finds her but he doesn't know who she really is as she is wearing a mask. They indulge in a night of passion, but the next morning the mystery girl is gone and his sister in law refuses to tell him who she is. Then Tyler takes...more
Anna's Herding Cats!
Originally posted at Herding Cats & Burning Soup

Lori Foster is one of those authors that just makes me happy. Doesn't matter which of her books I'm reading. If they're her new books or one of her firsts (like this one). Mercenaries, fighters, preachers. Part of a series or a stand alone. They just make me happy. Really can't ask for more than that, right? I hadn't heard of this one but saw it at the store and had to grab it up. Wasn't quite sure what to expect but whoa, baby, it really wasn'...more
Alea
I loved the premise for this book, shy woman dresses up for a costume party in a costume that no one can recognize her in, she has a very HOT interaction with a man she's always had a crush on and then makes a run for it before he can find out it is her. In their real lives they end up working on a project together and start to have feeling for each other but Tyler doesn't know that Carlie is also his mystery woman who he can't stop thinking about!

I loved their interactions, their flirting, thei...more
Linda

Omg I loved this book. Every other romance I ever read was basically the same. Where the girl always get rejected. I liked how Carlie never gave in when she told him no. Well then she did give in but when they went to the morning after she held her ground. I love Carlie! I really appreciated when Tyler put his heart out she didn't imminently jump into his arms. The characters were intriguing. They both keep me on my toes. In every other Harlequin Romance I ever read always had me hoping the her...more
Melinda
I generally like Lori Foster and she has a thing for the chick who is actually a hottie but doesn't know it. Except this time she pairs this type of woman with a guy who is over women who have experience. I don't think Lori Foster would explain it that way. I think that she would say (I don't know her, so I'm guessing) that her hero, Tyler, is over women who use him. But relationships in the U.S. are based on a transaction system. Women give sex for status & material things and men get sex i...more
Kimberly
I haven't read a Harlequin Romance since High School. This has a racy cover and I didn't realize it was a "H" novel. It was a quick read and read it in one sitting. THe story was cute and predictable of the frumpy school teacher whose actually a knock out but hides her fabulous self because she married an asshole who makes her believe she is frigid. She has a one night stand wearing a mask at a Halloween party with a friend's brother-in-law she had been crushing on unknown to him the frumpy teac...more
Karen
The premise sort of strains the suspenders of disbelief: "dumpy" teacher who's been hiding her sexy light under a bushel (or at least under a lot of frumpy clothes) gets dressed up as a harem girl for a costume party, has a night of wild passion with a guy who (until this point) has been a total player. She escapes before he learns her identity. They meet again as their usual selves, and though he has paid no attention to her in the past, he starts to fall for her frumpy self and pressures her i...more
Kari
Impetuous was a quick read and very enjoyable. I was able to read it in one sitting. I liked the mystery woman scenario, although I could never understand how anyone could not know who someone was when they have just a mask on. But this is fiction, right? Tyler is your typical gorgeous guy who isn’t sure what he’s looking for, he just knows that what he has had so far in the way of women isn’t satisfying him any more. Carlie is the frumpy best friend who most men wouldn’t give a second glance....more
MB
May 09, 2012 MB rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance lovers without discrimination
Glrgh. Absolutely obnoxious characters, and a silly plot. I won't spoil it for anyone but (view spoiler) Not romantic. The opposit...more
Regina Linton
I enjoyed the snarky relationship that Carlie indulged with Tyler in the beginning when he didn't realize who she was. She was strong and abrasive and I love that it a woman. He obviously thought that too.

I really put off liking him as a character because of his intent of having to check every woman out every ten second...but hey, he is a man. In the end, I loved his sincerity and think that everything worked out for the best.

Lori knows how to make things hot and steamy so if you are in the mood...more
LJ
Impetuous - Ok
Foster, Lori

On the outside, Carlie McDaniels was a shy, no-nonsense schoolteacher. But on the inside, there was another Carlie -- a sultry, sexy femme fatale -- burning to get out. One night, she did. And lady-killer Tyler Ramsay didn't know what -- or who -- hit him!

Tyler had a problem. He was obsessed with a mystery woman -- and fascinated by prickly Carlie McDaniels. How could he desire two women at the same time? And what was he supposed to do when he found out they were one an...more
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
I read this book because I was in a reading funk. I needed something light, fluffy and short. Impetuous fit the bill. I enjoyed the book up until the end, when everything came to a head - the big plot climax. The heroine acted like a complete moron and got on my nerves and Tyler started acting like a whimp. Up until that point, I thought Carlie and Tyler were great. Loved the banter and the great friendship they developed. If you're looking for a quick, sexy read to help pass an afternoon, then...more
Adriana Fogaça
Coração Dividido.
Lori Foster.
H.C.P. Sucessos 28.
2012.

Mais uma autora que nunca decepciona. Seus textos sempre maravilhosos. De cara me encantei com a mocinha, apesar de um passado traumático e a falta de confiança. Ela em momento algum é covarde, sempre enfrenta as situações de frente.

Ela nunca evita um confronto. E adorei todas as atitudes que ela toma durante a estória, principalmente a última. Sou fã da Carlie e de sua forma de colocar o atrevido e gostosão Tyler em seu devido lugar.

ADORO!!!

R...more
Neha
This is Lori Forster's first book, originally published in 1996 and reissued in a new hot avatar in 2009 by Harlequin. I read this as a part of an event on Goodreads, where we were to read one book by Lori Foster in August. I don't know why I always end up (unknowingly) picking up the author's first/second attempt. This book had a new looking cover, and turns out.. it was old wine in new bottle!

R.G.
I've read this book several times and thoroughly enjoy each time... it's rather short and it really is just straight up a story about 2 people falling in love with nothing extra going on my Lori Foster has a knack of making something so simple really exciting... it's funny and a little emotional... as only a book about 2 complete opposites attracting can be... so if you look a good romance I'd say check it out...
Joy
Cheap offering from Harlequin. After hooking up with an masked woman during a rainstorm, our hero can't find her again. When he becomes friends and then lovers with his sister-in-law's friend, he doesn't guess that she's the same woman. A better treatment of this basic plot setup than _Potent Pleasures_ if only because the hero is a sweetie rather than a jealous asshole.
Andrea
This is my first Kindle book, hahaha. I enjoyed the book, good plot, love her writing for sex scences, hehe. But I like how she write the real characters. Especially a female character, she didn't write her as a wishy-washy character, I hate that. In this character, the main character is a strong person, know what she wants and isn't afriad to voice her opinions. :)
Christi
The lead character (Callie) really got on my nerves for most of the book. I understood where she was coming from. Her ex-husband was really nasty and ate away at her self confidence. But there's only so much negative energy I can read. With that being said I loved Tyler!!!! And rooted for him to break through her hard exterior. Good book. Really good ending.
Erin
Great story! I am noticing that a lot of Lori Foster stories have strong independent women leads AND strong independent male leads that butt heads and in the end can't live without each other. All in all, I love them all! This story was fun and I loved the banter between the two characters Tyler and Carlie. Looking forward to reading more Lori Foster books!
Misty
I 'm a huge Lori foster fan and must say even though this was a short book she did awesome as usual. I believe characters are the absolute most important part of any story and when writing a shorter story it can be difficult to build a relationship between your characters and your readers but this book for sure held its own. Lori did an amazing job.

Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 3 Dec 01, 2009 09:44AM
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Simply Sensual (Simply, #3)
  • Fit for a King
  • Houston, We Have A Problem
  • Charmed (Harmony #0.5 included; Winston Brothers #2 included)
  • Divorced, Desperate and Deceived (Divorced #3)
  • Ms. Match (Harlequin Blaze, #424)
  • Night of the Phantom
  • Unraveled
  • Uneasy Alliance
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)
  • Scoring (Lowell High School #2.5)
  • More Than Friends
  • The Wild Card
  • Copping To It
  • Santa, Baby

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro...more
More about Lori Foster...
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)

“She pulled a deck from a drawer and sat across from Tyler. "What would you like to play?" She looked at Tyler.

"Strip poker?"

Carlie started to rise, her mouth drawn in annoyance, but Tyler stopped her. He was laughing. "Okay, okay. Bad jest. Sorry."

She nodded grudgingly. "So. What should we play?"

With a twinkle in his eyes, he asked innocently, "Old maid?"

She threw the cards at him, then sat there glaring.

"Well, I suppose that decides it." He grinned wryly, a card sitting on top of his head, the rest scattered in his lap and on the floor. "Fifty-two pickup it is."

-Carlie and Tyler”
4 likes
“Tyler caught her wrist. "You can't walk home now. It's raining."

"Believe me, it won't bother me a bit."

"Now, Carlie, don't be obstinate."

"Tyler, I'm dangerously close to laying you low." She had to get away from him. Now.

"Violence? My, my, your cold is making you surly."

She tugged, but he didn't release her. "Tyler, what did you intend to do today, before you came here and decided to harass me?"

"I was going to harass Brenda, but you'll do better.”
2 likes