Start by marking “Strangers in Paradise (Omnibus, Books One & Two)” as Want to Read:
Strangers in Paradise (Omnibus, Books One & Two)

Strangers in Paradise (Omnibus, Books One & Two)

The DEFINITIVE, COMPLETE collection of Terry Moore's masterpiece.

The greatest love story ever told is finally available in an affordable, softcover omnibus edition! This two-book package contains all 2,128 pages of Terry Moore's epic tale featuring Katchoo, Francine, David, and Casey as they face life's biggest challenges by facing them together. All 107 issues of the Stra
Published 2009 by Abstract Studio, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Strangers in Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strangers in Paradise

Kenny Mitchell
Aug 30, 2016 Kenny Mitchell rated it it was amazing
I had heard about the comics, Strangers In Paradise for years. While perusing my local comics shop I would hear people talk about them but shrug and then go to my usual super hero shelves. I read a few reviews online and wondered what the fuss was all about.

For my birthday last year (2014) I decided to treat myself to the omnibus edition. I could sit down in one sitting and see what if this was worthy of being on my favorites shelf.

Boy is it worth! The story pulled me in from page one! Katchoo m
Evan Dossey
Feb 28, 2014 Evan Dossey rated it it was amazing
I put off reading "Strangers in Paradise" for five or so years. I'd given it a shot every once in awhile, to the point of finishing the first (of six) pocket book editions a few years ago, but for some reason I could never attach to it. The style, the length, the depth of the series were, to sound completely ridiculous, a bit daunting. Eventually my friend Christy, who was prodding me to read it for quite some time, gifted me the Omnibus last Christmas. I was pretty much out of excuses.

"Strange
LordOfDorkness
Apr 25, 2014 LordOfDorkness rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For me to tell you what's good about Strangers in Paradise would be like my trying to explain what's I love about my best friends I've known since elementary school.

There many reasons why its good, so reducing the 'why' to a small flood of snappy, spot on descriptions would be inaccurate, cartoonish, and just not bloody good enough. Its not enough to say Mr. Moore's writing's excellent, or characters are great. That the story is moving and that if its not being hilarious (and it often is) its a
Ian Shaughnessy
Sep 26, 2013 Ian Shaughnessy rated it it was ok
This is a really hard review to write. The gist: I pretty much hated it. Which is strange, because usually when I hate something, there's nothing redeeming me from liking any part of it, but that isn't the case with this series. It's beautifully drawn, and there's something special about watching a great artist evolve over the course of fourteen years, which is the amount of time Terry Moore worked on SiP. The story starts out well-intentioned enough, if not a little too dense. The second story ...more
Maddsurgeon
I read a lot of this when it was still on the shelves, so returning to it brought back a lot of fond memories. This was, however, the first time I've ever read the entire series cover to cover. That experience makes the characters' journeys a lot more powerful, and all the tangents and diversions and circles and time jumps make a lot more sense, deepening the relationships and playing off the themes in endless variations.

This has got to be one of my all-time favorite comics, and revisiting it in
C.S. Carrig
Apr 18, 2015 C.S. Carrig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I can't recommend this series highly enough to everyone I know, primarily because Terry Moore has a rare talent for creating characters who feel so real you can't help but empathize with them and learn something about yourself in the process. The main story concerns the complicated relationships between a group of friends as forces within and without threaten to tear them apart. Neil Gaiman famously said that what most people don't know about relationships could fill a book, and Strangers in ...more
Rachel
Jun 03, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
One of the best things I've ever read in any medium. Defies traditional notions of comic books with its incredibly human portrayals of very normal people with the same issues everyone else has. Katchoo is one of the best characters I've ever had the pleasure of encountering in print, and the startling realism of Francine as a woman created by a male(!) writer continually amazes me. Throw away your misconceptions/stereotypes about graphic novels, because this defies all of them. Worth reading for ...more
Louis
Mar 24, 2012 Louis rated it liked it
I can't believe I read the whole thing.

This is brilliant. And pathetic. And incredible. And stupid. And romantic. And trashy. And uplifting. And disappointing.

There's so much here that you get everything at some point (except believable male characters or heterosexual women). I'm glad I read it, and I'm sort of sad I spent so much time on it at the same time. If I'd have read this before Echo, it would probably rate higher for me.

All that said, I do recommend it to anyone tired of the Capes an
Crystal Bennett
May 08, 2014 Crystal Bennett rated it it was amazing
I have a complete collection of Strangers in Paradise, with 9 trade paperbacks, and the rest in comics, because I couldn't wait for the rest of the TPB.

SiP came to me at a time when I most needed it. It is a fantastic story. I loved every single moment of it, and I cried when it was over (because it was so wonderful). If you haven't read SiP, you must. I cannot do it justice here: the story speaks for itself. These are characters I will carry with me for all my life.
Fred
Aug 22, 2014 Fred rated it really liked it
The size of this complete set made me think I could never get through it. But the strong characters and Moore's art made it fly by. The second volume doesn't have the narrative drive of the first, but this was a great graphic novel.
Teodora
Teodora rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2015
David
David rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2015
Leonardo Gedraite
Leonardo Gedraite rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2015
Alana
Alana rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Travis
Travis rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Jeff Miller
Jeff Miller rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Jim
Jim rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Gabriel
Gabriel rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2014
Delphine
Delphine rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2013
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2012
Mateusz
Mateusz rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2014
Timothy
Timothy rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2011
James Armes
James Armes rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Adam Plant
Adam Plant rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2014
Louis
Louis rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2014
Audra
Audra rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Stefanie
Stefanie rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Thinking Mom
Thinking Mom rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 03
  • Lucifer, Book Five (Lucifer, #5)
  • Beast
  • Perla la Loca (Locas, #3)
  • Daredevil, Volume 6
  • The Manara Library, Vol. 1: Indian Summer and Other Stories
  • Aama, 2: La multitud invisible (Aâma #2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 9, Volume 2
  • X-Statix: Omnibus
  • Alien: The Illustrated Story
  • Moomin: The Deluxe Anniversary Edition
  • Secret Warriors: Omnibus
Following the examples of independent comic creators such as Dave Sim and Jeff Smith, he decided to publish Strangers in Paradise himself through his own Houston-based "Abstract Studios" imprint, and has frequently mentioned a desire to do a syndicated cartoon strip in the authors notes at the back of the Strangers in Paradise collection books. He has also mentioned his greatest career influence ...more
More about Terry Moore...