Start by marking “The Killing Hands (Sophie Anderson, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Killing Hands (Sophie Anderson,  #4)

The Killing Hands (Sophie Anderson #4)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  200 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Just as Aussie FBI profiler Sophie Anderson is settling into her job in the L.A. bureau, she's pulled into a case that's different from anything she's ever seen--the victim has had his throat ripped out. But what weapon could have caused such devastating injuries? And who is the John Doe?Sophie and her team are dealing with a skilled killer, someone who leaves virtually no ...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Mira Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Killing Hands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killing Hands

Brenda
FBI Profiler Sophie Anderson thought she had seen it all – but this latest case had her baffled. It seemed as though the victim wasn’t murdered with the “normal” run-of-the-mill weapons; nothing made sense at all. And when it was discovered that the victim had been missing, presumed dead, for the past fifteen years, and had also been a member of the Asian criminal organisation, the Yakuza, the FBI, along with every other agency were suddenly deeply involved – racing against time, as a massive cr ...more
Coral
FBI Profiler and Kung Fu mix, in this 'who done it'

The Killing Hands centers around an FBI Profiler, Agent Sophie Anderson, working out of the L.A. Bureau. She is assigned to do a profile of an unusual murder of an unknown Asian man.
When the murdered man is identified as using false identification and turns out to be the missing son of a key figure of the Yakuza, an Asian Organized Crime Family in China, Agent Sophie finds herself following a trail originating from China and now doing business
Sheri
The Killing Hands (P.D. Martin)
The Killing hands is a murder mystery with a bit of a twist. Sophie Anderson is an FBI pro-filer from Australia. She has a few unique qualities, not only is it rare for an Australian to be in the FBI, she also is knows Kung Fu, and has psychic abilities. She uses these skills to try to solve crimes.

When a victim is found dead, with virtually no forensic evidence, Sophie along with other experts are on the scene. Soon they are wondering if this victim could have tie
Rachel Groves
We join Sophie Anderson in the fourth book of the series, now working as an FBI officer in the field in LA. She's still using her profiling skills but she's also out on the streets getting stuck into the case.

This time she's investigating a murder that seems to have a lot more to it than some random attack and she soon realises the killer is a hired hitman who is an expert in martial arts. Sophie must draw on her own Kung Fu knowledge and works with the LA police to uncover the shadowy world of
Andrea Corley
For a more in depth review, please visit my blog, Chorley Chronicals!

I first read this book a few years ago without even knowing that it was part of a series, and I must say that I absolutely loved it without any of the history. Now, I must also tell you that I have never re-read a book, that is until now! This is the first book that I have ever even had the desire to re-read, but I thought that since I now know the history, that it would make The Killing Hands that much better, and I was right
Sunnie
Apr 01, 2009 Sunnie added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Crime fiction addicts
THE KILLING HANDS doesn’t quite have the pace and suspense of P.D. Martin’s previous books. Because Sophie is working with a gang task-force, it is necessary for the author to give the reader an overview of the structure and remit of the various agencies that investigate gang-related crime in L.A. This does slow down the plot a little. However, Martin’s usual thorough research and attention to detail do make for informative reading.

In THE KILLING HANDS we meet Sophie’s parents who visit her and
Bernie
This is the 4th novel in the Sophie Anderson series by Australian author PD Martin. The central character is an Australian working as an FBI profiler. The story moves along well and seems to give an insight in to the law enforcement and gang culture of LA. Being the fourth in the series there is previous history which dealt with well enough without re telling the previous books. However I did find the style hard going. There was in my opinion too much description which was superfluous. Detail of ...more
Melanie
Usually when you read a thriller with a police detective as a main character, the character is mostly always male so it was a wonderful change to see a female in the role of a arse-kicking cop.

The Killing Hands main character is a woman named Sophie Anderson who not only stands her own against men but is also a highly trained martial arts athlete.

This training comes into use when her latest case involves strange fatal injuries that she thinks might be caused by fatal martial arts moves.

Even thou
Sheila
Sophie gets involved in a case where the murdered uses a unique weapon, his hands. Using advanced Kung Fu methods of killing people.
Kristin
This is a first for this author and series- I had a hard time getting through this book. But I will go on next book in the series hopefully it's better.
Woman In Gold
This book was fantastic. i couldn't put it down.
Laura Lucy
I discovered this author and the Sophie Anderson series a little over a month ago and sped through the first three books. The Killing Hands is the fourth in the series. I had a harder time getting into this one. Rather than chasing a traditional serial killer, Sophie is hunting down a hit man in this one. The story focuses on Asian gangs which just don't hold my attention the same way a good, old fashioned serial killer does. :) Still a good read from one of my new favorite authors. The book pic ...more
Geeta Sharma
Eh. At least the sex made up for it.
Georgiann Hennelly
Sophie Anderson is an FBI profiler. She just transferred to the L.A. bureau. Sophie is pulled into a case thats different from anything she,s ever seen- the victims throat was ripped out. But what weapon could have caused the injuries and who is the John Doe? Sophie and her team are dealing with a skilled killer. The victim belonged to an Asian criminal organization. He,s been missing for fifteen years. Where has he been ? why has he come back? who wanted him dead? Thats up to Sophie and her tea ...more
Patt
Fourth in the series about FBI profiler,Sophie Anderson. This book was good , but not my favorite in the series. I certainly learned more about martial arts than I ever thought I'd want to know! Sophie is now in the FBI's LA office and this case involves LA gangs,especially the Asian Boyz and the Japanese Yakuza. Sophie is shot during this book, and we meet her parents who come to her bedside from Australia. Things are also heating up between Sophie and Darren. Looking forward to the next book
Angela Verdenius
Good mystery, very much detaild in the tracking of killers through the perspective of the profiler. I did find it heavy going for awhile, mainly because of the detailed kung fu moves which area a main feature of the book, but it was also very interesting. Even better, the author has studied criminology and profiling, so that always makes me feel as though the book is based more on truth than fiction...if that makes sense LOL. I'll have to check out the earlier books.
Erica
I felt the story was interesting, but completely unbelievable. As a long time martial arts practitioner I felt the description of martial arts were written by someone who had no real knowledge other then second hand. It made me rill my eyes every time the main character described her experiences. Otherwise a good story, a bit predictable but good.
Angie Martzall
Highly entertaining, detailed enough to keep the plot interesting, and characters that one can relate to that seem like old friends as you continue to read about their lives in this series of books by P.D. Martin.
Jackie
Meh police procedural with the twist of a psychic investigator. Unfortunately, I've seen more exciting episodes of "Dragnet." Not terrible, but I won't go out of my way to look for this author again.
Lynn Stadel-Paterson
Aug 04, 2010 Lynn Stadel-Paterson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a good murder mystery.
This is a great murder mystery, that takes a new spin on how to kill someone without leaving any marks on a body. Makes you wonder how on earth they did it? Read this book and you will find out.
Deedra
Second book I have read from Martin. Love that I'm hanging onto the end to find out whodunit. Great for CIS/NCIS fans or anyone who likes forensics/paranormal material.
Louisa
Great book, one that I won from the author on facebook, and I just really enjoyed reading it, and now I have all the books, and I'm happy :)
Kelly Barhorst
Another well put together Sophie Anderson story. It keeps your attention while having a nice combination of action and personal romance.
Waheed
Feb 04, 2010 Waheed added it
I avoid the reading on crimes and like to spend time in fiction an dclassical literature.
Melissa
I liked the twist with the kung fu background. Interesting.
Jeanie
Yeah just got word I won this first read...can't wait to read it.
Donna Barrett
I want more! Love her work.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
  • The Soul Collector
  • Silver Falls
  • The Monsters In Your Neighborhood (Monstrosity, #2)
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • Torn   (Randall Shane #3)
  • Romeo Spikes
  • Reality Ends Here
  • The Reluctant Reaper  (The Reluctant Reaper, #1)
  • Reconstructing Brigid
  • SEAL Survival Guide: A Navy SEAL's Secrets to Surviving Any Disaster
  • Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
  • Beautiful Death
  • Celebromancy (Ree Reyes, #2)
  • Deceptive Innocence: Part 3 (Pure Sin, #1.3)
  • Where All the Dead Lie (Taylor Jackson, #7)
  • Veil of Shadows (Lightworld/Darkworld, #3)
  • Murder By Mushroom
P.D. Martin--Phillipa Deanne Martin--was born in Melbourne, Australia, and developed a passion for crime fiction and storytelling at an early age. This interest was backed up with formal education through a bachelor of behavioral sciences (with majors in psychology and criminology) and a postgraduate certificate in professional writing (creative writing).

Phillipa also writes children's and young a
More about P.D. Martin...

Sophie Anderson (6 books)
  • Body Count (Sophie Anderson,  #1)
  • The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2)
  • Fan Mail (Sophie Anderson, #3)
  • Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson, #5)
  • Coming Home (Sophie Anderson, #6)
Body Count (Sophie Anderson,  #1) The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2) Fan Mail (Sophie Anderson, #3) Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson, #5) Coming Home (Sophie Anderson, #6)