Start by marking “Quick Fix Meals” as Want to Read:
Quick Fix Meals

Quick Fix Meals

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  217 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Food Network star Robin Miller gives Rachael Ray a run for her money with her new cookbook, Quick Fix Meals. Focused on time-saving strategies for putting delicious food on the table, Miller's first cookbook is organized by technique, including "Meal Kits" (pre-prepping the ingredients and having them ready to go in the fridge), "Greased Lightning" (tasty recipes that can ...more
Published March 13th 2007 by Taunton Press, Incorporated (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Quick Fix Meals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quick Fix Meals

Ray
Sep 14, 2014 Ray rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found Robin Miller and her cookbooks some time ago and used to tape the shows on the DVR. I like her and this cookbook is not one of my favorites but there were some decent recipes that appear easy and tasty and as the title suggests... Quick Fix!

Whenever I buy a book (ie cookbook) it is usually based on a decision from taking out library books to pass my test. In the past I had bought / collected cookbooks with hundreds of recipes where maybe 5-6 recipes were recipes that I would try. Theref
Jessica
Oct 26, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually buy cookbooks any more. My library has shelves of great cookbooks, so I typically check out a book or two and see what good recipes are in it. I find 2-3 recipes I like, copy them and put the book back. This book is now overdue from the library and I definitely want my own copy! There are several fantastic quick-fix ideas. It still requires prep work but a lot of it can be done 3 days to a week ahead. It makes hectic week nights gratifying and satisfying to know that you can have ...more
Jenny
Jan 02, 2008 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Robin Miller's show on the Food Network, but I didn't like the cookbook quite as much. There were some great recipes, but I have a thing for pictures and there weren't many. I like to see what I'm making. I did like the advice on prepping the meals ahead of time and then the instructions on how to assemble everything so dinner takes the least amount of time. I wish other cookbooks would include similar suggestions for their recipes.
Catherine Gillespie
I am at work two and a half days a week, and when I get home I do not want to spend another hour and a half getting dinner ready. I read Quick Fix Meals in hopes of further streamlining the dinner making process so I can have more time to do things I enjoy like read to the kids.

I tried several of the recipes and some were not as good as they sounded (like “Artichoke-Steak Melts with Smoked Provolone and Basil Mayo”) but most were quite good (like “Coconut-Lime Chicken with Chiles”). They really
Katie Armga larson
I love her style, but not her food combos. Or I should say, my kids won't eat her combos. Some sounded interesting. Maybe revisit when kids are older?
Tish
Oct 25, 2014 Tish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
own the cookbook, really enjoyed it
Emily Leathers
Mar 11, 2011 Emily Leathers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning or busy cooks
I loved this book so much that I bought copies for my brothers.

The real jewel was the section of 'cook your meat now, cut before storing, use it for other meals in the next few days' recipe sets. These recipes frontload the preparation into one cooking session, but get around the monotony of huge amounts of leftovers.

Robin's instructions are easy to understand for non-cooks, and she even includes useful directions for how best to refrigerate or freeze the results.
Allison
Jan 08, 2014 Allison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book. All the recipes I have made from it have been winners. I like that there are so many time-saving techniques in it, too. Much appreciated from this busy mom.
Juliet
Aug 17, 2010 Juliet rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
It's not technically fair for a vegetarian to be reading non-veg cookbooks and expecting much, but I often find a good cookbook will at least give me some new ideas that I can tweak. This is not one of those books. I felt like I was reading a book written twenty years ago somehow. The recipes seemed very same old, same old.
Sara
Jul 27, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Love this cookbook. Robin has a great concept of cooking one meal and morphing the leftovers into something different. I've made many recipes from this book and they are all delicious. Plus, I got to meet Robin at a cooking demo/book signing in Scottsdale, AZ and she seems just as nice as she does on her show.
Dec 15, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the three meal prep concepts she presents to get meals to the table quicker. There were some great new recipes, some classics with a twist... and some that are too gourmet-ish I don't ever see myself making. I'm not familiar with her Food Network show.
Beka
Dec 18, 2013 Beka rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
The recipes looked okay, I just really didn't enjoy the format of this cookbook. I prefer a lot more pictures and for them to be with the recipe, not just in the middle.
Bridget
May 11, 2008 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right now I am collecting more for the autographs than actually cooking from them! :) Have autographed bookplate and autographed picture.
Jess
May 28, 2008 Jess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have tried several recipies and like it. The cashew chicken was good, but blandish. Good for cooking with kids.
Aruach222
Aug 19, 2008 Aruach222 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! So many yummy recipes, so little time! (no, I mean it takes no time to make them!)
Chris
Jul 16, 2012 Chris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the cook book but as a vegetarian there were only a few recipes that I won't have to alter.
Aug 05, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the prettiest book but I have made a ton of the recipes and they turned out well.
Kelli
Jun 17, 2009 Kelli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Lots of yummy recipes that you can prepare ahead of time. I like this method of cooking!
Laurie
Feb 27, 2008 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
If you like Rachel Ray, you need to try Robin Miller!
Amy Brown
Aug 11, 2009 Amy Brown rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Some good recipes but not enough for me to buy the book.
Leea
Nov 18, 2011 Leea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the meal morph ideas.
Beth
Jul 19, 2011 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow...tiny portions.
Nancy
Jul 23, 2009 Nancy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of easy, fast recipes.
J. Allen
J. Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
LISA
LISA marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
claire
claire marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Laura LoFaro
Laura LoFaro rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Cyril Scovens
Cyril Scovens rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Tres Fuerte
Tres Fuerte marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Maimouna
Maimouna marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
  • 30-Minute Get Real Meals: Eat Healthy Without Going to Extremes
  • Cover & Bake
  • Martha Stewart's Christmas: Entertaining, Decorating and Giving
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • Homemade: How-to Make Hundreds of Everyday Products Fast, Fresh, and More Naturally
  • The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and Would-be Southerners
  • Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life
  • Better Basics for the Home: Simple Solutions for Less Toxic Living
  • Bobby Flay's Boy Meets Grill: With More Than 125 Bold New Recipes
  • Home Economics: Vintage Advice and Practical Science for the 21st-Century Household
  • The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner
  • Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever
  • The Comfort Table
  • Molto Gusto: Easy Italian Cooking
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • Twelve Months of Monastery Soups: International Favorites
Robin has been a food writer and a nutritionist since 1990. She is the author of the best-selling cookbook Quick Fix Meals. Her popular show Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller currently airs on the Food Network. Her primetime show Robin to the Rescue premiered on the Food Network in March 2007. Robin's recipes and nutrition features can be seen regularly in a variety of media outlets, including the ...more
More about Robin Miller...