Start by marking “ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes (Year 2)” as Want to Read:
ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes (Year 2)

ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes (ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes)

The Demo Tapes: Year 1 introduced the reading public to ShapeShifter and the two men behind this fictional band: Trevor Wolff and Mitchell Voss. The Demo Tapes: Year 2 brings you more of the short fiction that brings these people to vivid life.

Year 2 delves more deeply into love, friendships, and the inside workings of ShapeShifter. New faces have arrived as the band tours
Published (first published August 26th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about ShapeShifter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ShapeShifter

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleBackstage Pass by Olivia CunningRock Hard by Olivia Cunning
Epic Rockstar Stories
112th out of 581 books — 2,066 voters
Nine Stories by J.D. SalingerThe Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan PoeA Good Man is Hard to Find and Other Stories by Flannery O'ConnorDubliners by James JoyceThe Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
Collections of Short Stories
206th out of 2,125 books — 1,635 voters

More lists with this book...

Jul 05, 2010 Candy rated it really liked it
I first ran into ShapeShifter, the fictional band, three or 4 years ago at a blog called The Meet & Greet. It was a cute blog by a writer and she was telling us little side stories as well as some times outtakes from her writing that didn't make the cut. It was fun, allowing us to glimpse into the characters of the book she was writing as well as watch these kids grow up from friends, to garage band to super duper famous and all that trappings that come along with that. The book she was writ ...more
Oct 28, 2010 Serena rated it it was amazing
Susan Helene Gottfried‘s Shapeshifter: The Demo Tapes, Year 2 is another volume of outtakes, short stories, and character sketches related to her newly published novel, Trevor’s Song. The band Shapeshifter is like a wheel with its center, Trevor and Mitchell, and the spokes around that wheel. Once these guys are on the road, look out because it’s a wild ride.

What readers will enjoy most about this second slim volume is the comraderie between the characters, the outbursts they have, and the seemi
Stacy Juba
Apr 12, 2011 Stacy Juba rated it it was amazing
I read these stories after Trevor's Song, the full-length novel which features the same characters. I'm so glad the author has collections of short stories available which feature the same cast, as it's like coming home to old friends. But if you haven't read Trevor's Song, then the Demo Tapes anthologies are a great introduction. The characters in the stories are well drawn and complex - a good read.
Mary (BookHounds)
I have been reading Susan's blog for several years now and I love the fact that she put all of these short stories together in one easy to read place. Year One gives you a great background on the start of the fictional Metal band, Shapeshifter, how Trevor and Mitchell became friends and their developing personalities. Year Two furthers these thoughts and will make you want to read TREVOR'S SONG.
Jun 29, 2010 Sharon rated it it was amazing
I've read both sets of "Demo Tapes," and enjoyed them thoroughly. I used to work in the music business, and Susan's characters are true-to-life, entertaining and well-developed.

Brava to the author for an outstanding collection of short stories.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Oct 29, 2009 Cindi (cheesygiraffe) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-read
Nice to visit Trevor and the gang. My favorite of the outtakes has to be The First Two Drawings. Ah young love! :)
Jun 17, 2011 nimrodiel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-books-read
Last book read in 2009
Apr 01, 2012 Florinda rated it liked it
This is Susan Helen Gottfried's second collection of short fiction 'outtakes' featuring the heavy-metal band ShapeShifter. The pieces were originally published on Susan's blog, West of Mars: The Meet and Greet, in no particular order; the books have allowed her to satisfy reader requests to place the stories in a timeline.

While the outtakes make fairly random appearances on the blog, Susan has assembled them in chronological narrative order here, and has written additional introductory material
Susan Gottfried
Oct 14, 2009 Susan Gottfried rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Susan by: my fans
Of course I loved this. I wrote it!
Dee Martin
Dee Martin rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Drava marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Kendra marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Amy Salitsky
Amy Salitsky marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Marse marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Silvie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Dawn Hotchkis
Dawn Hotchkis marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Lesly E.
Lesly E. marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Mehnaz marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Karen added it
Dec 28, 2013
Tatiane Perego
Tatiane Perego marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2013
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Stephanie Weaver
Stephanie Weaver marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Victoria marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Miranda Shrader
Miranda Shrader is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a Rock Fiction author and expert who has returned to her roots as an editor and owner of West of Mars, LLC, an author services company that may have worked on the book you're currently reading. And if we haven't, we want to.

More about Susan Helene Gottfried...

ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes (4 books)
  • Shapeshifter : The Demo Tapes -- Year 1