Start by marking “The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: The First 25 Years” as Want to Read:
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: The First 25 Years

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: The First 25 Years

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  24 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is the most famous rock and roll institution in the world. In 2009, the Hall of Fame celebrated its twenty-fifth year with numerous events in Cleveland and a two-day anniversary filmed concert on October 29 and 30, 2009 at Madison Square Garden. A four-hour edited version appeared on HBO.

An illustrated, vibrant book commemorating the Rock and
Published October 6th 2009 by Harper Design (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Art
“Roots and antecedents come from black American blues, gospel and jazz, American folk and country,” said Ahmet Ertegun, a co-founder of the Rock Hall, at the 2005 ceremony. I especially enjoyed the introductory exhibition in the museum about the musical influences — which also included doo wop, Texas swing, hillbilly and jump blues — that coalesced into rock and roll.

This book is a twenty-dollar souvenir from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame of a fun four-hour recent visit, three hours in the mus
Nicole
Mar 22, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so I found this book really interesting. It had lots of dish about the rock 'n' roll personalities and their inevitable clashes and feuds at the ceremonies throughout the years. (Apparently Phil Spector stopped being invited after the first few ceremonies, and now things just aren't nearly as deliciously messy anymore.)

There are also lots of great photos of the then-and-now variety. I only wish the book could have included more. Most of the speech
Mrs. Doglvrs
Jul 19, 2016 Mrs. Doglvrs rated it really liked it
Really great read with tons of music knowledge for me to store up and use again and again, like say on trivia night. Oh wait...that was tonight. #nailedit
TJ
Jun 07, 2016 TJ rated it really liked it
I bought this as a souvenir from a recent trip to Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It was a really interesting look through the first 25 years of inductions, the celebrations, the fun. I also enjoyed reading what artists had to say about other artists. My favorite part was all of the pictures, not just of the awards but of the artists through their careers.
Ryan Edwards
Mar 17, 2012 Ryan Edwards rated it it was ok
I was given this as an award from school. Not a bad collection of anecdotes from different (usually equally popular) artists on those being honoured, though there are many that I am not particularly interested in reading about. Not my jam so much, but I could imagine this giving great pleasure to others.
Maddie Keener
Maddie Keener rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Shaftesbury High
Shaftesbury High marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Harry Coffill
Harry Coffill rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Mary Moon
Mary Moon marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Miriam
Miriam rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Melissa H
Melissa H rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2015
Ashley Johnson
Ashley Johnson marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Zorena
Zorena marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Daniel Kahan
Daniel Kahan rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
naz
naz marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
William
William rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2015
Joss
Joss marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Rik Helton
Rik Helton rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Pim Van oosterhout
Pim Van oosterhout rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2013
Melanie
Melanie is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2013
Edward Jennings
Edward Jennings rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2013