Start by marking “The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: The First 25 Years” as Want to Read:
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: The First 25 Years

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: The First 25 Years

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is the most famous rock and roll institution in the world. In 2009, the Hall of Fame celebrated its twenty-fifth year with numerous events in Cleveland and a two-day anniversary filmed concert on October 29 and 30, 2009 at Madison Square Garden. A four-hour edited version appeared on HBO.

An illustrated, vibrant book commemorating the Rock and
Published October 6th 2009 by Harper Design (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Nicole
I'm a big fan of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so I found this book really interesting. It had lots of dish about the rock 'n' roll personalities and their inevitable clashes and feuds at the ceremonies throughout the years. (Apparently Phil Spector stopped being invited after the first few ceremonies, and now things just aren't nearly as deliciously messy anymore.)

There are also lots of great photos of the then-and-now variety. I only wish the book could have included more. Most of the speech
Ryan Edwards
I was given this as an award from school. Not a bad collection of anecdotes from different (usually equally popular) artists on those being honoured, though there are many that I am not particularly interested in reading about. Not my jam so much, but I could imagine this giving great pleasure to others.
naz
naz marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Joss
Joss marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Rik Helton
Rik Helton marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Melanie
Melanie is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2013
Toni R
Toni R marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Jarno
Jarno marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2012
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2011
Darcia Helle
Darcia Helle marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2011
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2011
A Man Called Destruction: The Life and Music of Alex Chilton, From Box Tops to Big Star to Backdoor Man The Rolling Stone Book of the Beats: The Beat Generation and American Culture Punk 365 Garcia The Cowgirl Way: Hats Off to America's Women of the West