Start by marking “Why We Don't Kill Spiders: A Tale of Bannockburn” as Want to Read:
Why We Don't Kill Spiders: A Tale of Bannockburn

Why We Don't Kill Spiders: A Tale of Bannockburn

4.75 of 5 stars 4.75  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Two countrymen separated by hundreds of years.
One a medieval king, stripped of everything.
One a hobbled knight, armed only with a pen.
Each destined to save his nation's heritage from oblivion.
Driven by a promise to a grandfather.
Bound the by the single, silky webbing strand of a wee spider.
This is their story.
Published April 30th 2009 by Outskirts Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Why We Don't Kill Spiders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why We Don't Kill Spiders

Jules
I was immediately drawn to this book when I learned that it was about Robert the Bruce. Scottish history has always been a favorite of mine and this sounded like it would be a great story as Sir Walter Scott, another favorite, would also be in the mix. I was definitely not disappointed.

The author takes us with Robert as he fights for his life, his family and for independence. The descriptions and details are exceptionally accurate and thorough. History lovers will enjoy this re-telling because o
Angela Simmons
In Bo Macreery’s debut novel, “Why We Don’t Kill Spiders, A Tale of Bannockburn”, we hear the legend of Scotland’s greatest King, Robert the Bruce. The tale is being handed down to a young Sir Walter Scott from his grandfather.

We first find a miserable, exiled Robert at one of the lowest ebbs in his life watching a spider to no avail trying desperately to build it’s web upon the wet, slippery walls of a cave on the Isle of Arran. To the astonishment of the Bruce as he is leaving the cave he sp
Mystee
I have to admit, as soon as I saw the Goodreads summary of this book, I HAD to read it. It sounded like something that I could really enjoy.

I was not disappointed. I hate when authors right books based around historical events or time periods and they have not researched them enough. I, being a history *buff*, get frustrated. You will not be disappointed with Bo Macreery's knowledge of both Scottish and English history.

In this book we see Robert get a new zest for life. When it seems that all ha
Alan Gordon
Alan Gordon marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2011