Start by marking “The SoNo Baking Company Cookbook: The Best Sweet and Savory Recipes for Every Occasion” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Warm pecan-studded sticky buns; banana streusel muffins; passionfruit mousse served atop a thin layer of sponge cake and garnished with fresh raspberries; decadent chocolate cake layered and iced with smooth, elegant chocolate ganache; red velvet cupcakes; and foccaccia flavored with fresh herbs and topped with tomato, mozzarella, and pesto—these are some of the mouth-wate ...more
Published March 9th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The SoNo Baking Company Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The SoNo Baking Company Cookbook

DixieJo
one of my favorite cooknooks that I have read this year. Baking is my prefernce in the kitchen and this books covers not only the sweets such as cookie, cakes, custards and danish (etc); it also covers savory baking such as Tomato Cobbler, Pulled Pork Empanadas and Three Pepper Quiche (etc). It also has a great reference guide and glossery of ingredients if you are a not-to-familiar cook.
Linda
A third generation baker and owner of Sono Bakery in Connecticut, John Barricelli is also a familiar face on the Martha Stewart food shows.

The book is divided into chapters: 1) Muffins, Scones, Pastries, Breakfast Cake 2) Cookies, Brownies, Bars 3) Pies and Tarts 4) Cobblers and Crisps 5) Trifles, Mousses and Puddings 6) Cakes 7) Breads and Focaccias 8) Savories: Tarts, Quiches

An Italian heritage is reflected in the choice of recipes. Included are standards – muffins, chocolate chip cookies, che
Patty Hopkins
My first glance through this cookbook, and all it’s wonderful pictures and recipes, and I instantly gained five pounds! Apple Handpies, Raspberry Linzer Bars, SoNo Chocolate Ganache Cake, and Chocolate-filled Almond Macaroons are just the start of the wonderful, decadent recipes within the pages of this book. There are also recipes for Focaccias, Quiches, and breads!

The range of recipes not only gives wonderful choices on what to pick from, but ensures that within these pages, there is something
Azira Zainuddin
It's a good baking book in terms of explanation and choices of variation of a recipe. I have yet to try any of the recipe, but definitely will do soon.

I would be better if each of the recipe were included with picture of a finished product. Sometimes it's hard to imagine how would it turn out to.
Douglas Hitzel
A few good recipes, but John leaves much to be desired in his articulating the baking process. Not a great resource for baking.
Blarneygirl
I haven't tried anything from the book yet-but I just have to say that after comparing many recipes before, and being an avid baker myself, I can tell the recipes are top notch. The full color photos of almost every item are gorgeous, and this book includes recipes that you can find many (if any!!) other places, such as cheese danishes, molten chocolate cakes, miniature boston cream pie. They cover cookies, pies, cakes, breads, rolls, scones-the list goes on and on. They must have hundreds of re ...more
Melissa
I wouldn't drop a bunch of cash to actually buy this book, but it's definitely worth getting at the library. The photographs are fantastic, and there are a number of recipes that sound incredibly yummy, like the Tart Tropezienne or the French Blueberry Tartlets. Overall, this book contains a lot of fairly standard recipes that can be found in the Joy of Cooking or other baking standbys, but it's a really great source of eye candy.
Just - The romance reader
I didn't get a chance to try any of the recipes, but I would love to try the following: Italian Rustic Bread, Uncle Bobby's Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Apple Handpies, and SoNo Chocolate Ganache Cake.

The breads look heavenly and the photos are great. Makes me want to visit the SoNo Bakery!
Jason
The glossary at the back is really helpful. He was a good teacher on PBS and I was glad this book came out after the show quit production. His teaching style comes out in his book as well.
Mrs.
Great photos and tons of recipes that I want to try. I was not expecting much when I picked this book up, and I have been pleasantly surprised.
I LOVE this cookbook. The pictures are beautiful, the recipes deeeeee-licious. Can't get enough of the blueberry muffins. Yum!!
Ginny
I wish I had the time and the expertise to bake everything in this book! Great recipes and pictures.
Holly
beautiful pictures and the recipes look fantastic. this would be a nice gift for the baker in your life.
Deanna
Excellent recipes.
Laureen Cutrona
i want this book!!!
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Bonnie DaRienzo
Bonnie DaRienzo marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Jeremy
Jeremy added it
Feb 13, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015