Start by marking “Blushing: Expressions of Love in Poems and Letters” as Want to Read:
Blushing: Expressions of Love in Poems and Letters

Blushing: Expressions of Love in Poems and Letters

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The thumping of your heart in your chest. A pit in your stomach. A blush. These are the symptoms of love sickness, and if you've ever experienced them, this book is for you.

Critically acclaimed poet and anthologist, Paul Janeczko has turned his attention to a new compilation of love poems for teens that collects the most poignant and moving musings about love from a divers
Published January 1st 2004 by Orchard

To ask other readers questions about Blushing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blushing

gieb
Jan 15, 2009 gieb rated it liked it
buku tercepat yang saya baca dalam sejarah pembacaan saya. bukan karena saya mahir bahasa inggris. tapi karena saya baca di sebuah waktu yang beku. ketika si pemberi buku berada tepat di depan saya. (ah. sebuah waktu yang selalu saya nantikan). ternyata ada pengaruhnya. puisi-puisi dalam buku ini dengan sukarela melesak dalam hati saya tanpa saya minta. aneh ya. (saat saya tulis review ini. si pemberi buku sedang di toilet).

buku ini cocok bagi anda yang sedang jatuh cinta, patah hati, atau dalam
Beth
Jan 03, 2010 Beth rated it it was amazing
This beautiful collection of love poems and letters is artfully arranged and perfectly chosen by poet Paul Janeczko, appropriate for Valentine's Day or year round. As best poetry is universal, the variety of authors included demonstrates that love is indeed the same for gay, straight, black, white, old, young, in the past and in the present.

The acknowledgments are meticulous and the introduction invites readers to return to this collection of classic and contemporary works in the various stages
Ashley
Mar 30, 2016 Ashley rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
This is a romantic book of poems written by a variety of authors and compiled and separated into the different phases of love by Paul B. Janeczko. The plot focuses on the different stages of love including the beginning of love, in love, heartbreak, renewal, ect. The style and language portrayed in the book is the most important component in my opinion because it conveys the intensity of some of the emotions in the book. Because of the variety of authors in this book and the idea that poems were ...more
Yakeishaa
Jan 27, 2011 Yakeishaa rated it it was amazing
The book is about why do people turn poerty to love and why do they like writing love poems. She "said" Francis darling, which who was born on november 13 in 1928 and was born at 9:oo in the evening. But it's to big for it's age, and seems much older. Here is one of the poems from the book which is "you have absorbed, I have senes at the present like as though I was dissolving." And it is on Jhon Keat's To Fanny Brawne and that is the person who has wrote the poem I just had wrote.

How do I love
Apr 21, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
In this collection of poems, Janeczko organizes the poems to follow the rhythm of love: Beginning of Love, In Love, Alone in Love, the End of Love, and Remembering Love. The poets represented range from the past (Shakespeare and Bradstreet) to the current (Angelou and Merwin), representing the timelessness of love and the feelings associated with having and with losing it.
As Janeczko writes in the introduction, “only the intensity of poetry could convey the intensity of what I was feeling, of wh
Caroline
Feb 09, 2015 Caroline rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The very interesting ones:

The Beginning of Love
To Celia by Ben Jonson (p.13)

In Love
To My Dear and Loving Husband by Anne Bradstreet (p.29)
I Want to Die While You Love Me by Georgia Douglas Johnson (p.42)

Remembering Love
Longing by Matthew Arnold (p.86)
Shabrina Ws
Ketika kau beranjak tua dan beruban dan tidur melulu,
mengantuk di depan perapian, pangkulah buku ini,
bacalah perlahan dan mimpikan pandangan lembut
yang pernah ada di matamu, beserta bayangan dalamnya

-Ketika Kau Beranjak Tua, William butler Yeats
Lila
Nov 23, 2009 Lila rated it liked it
Shelves: english-420
Genre: YA, Poetry, Love/Romance
Despite my misgivings at first I really enjoyed this book. It is a collection of poems and letters about love from classic authors such as Elizabeth Barret Browning and others. It divides the entries into different sections, corresponding to the various phases of love, infatuation, deep love, heart break, renewal, etc. The poems very beautiful and I really appreciated the categories and progression of the sections. The book is short and I think would give teens a f
Debbie
Mar 17, 2008 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
A collection of poems that traces the path of love from the first flutter in the heart to heartbreak and acceptance of a lost love. I found some old favorites and also discovered some poets who I would like to know more about.

Excellent collection.
Liz
Sep 15, 2012 Liz rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star
Janeczko describes this collection of poems as "Poems that speak of the shades of love." (p. xiii) From the dawning of the touch of love to the storm when it is over, Janeczko has found a poem to display each feeling.
Robin
Jul 06, 2012 Robin added it
Shelves: read-in-2012
A sweet little anthology of love poems, from its highs to lows. Sap that I am, I was moved to tears a few times. A nice summer read.
Lydia
Jun 28, 2013 Lydia rated it it was amazing
One of the few books that managed to touch my softest self.
It is funny how we tend to look in poetry when love comes around, isn't?
Stacey
Feb 12, 2010 Stacey rated it liked it
A collection of love letters, poems, etc. There were some lovely things in there.
Amanda
Jun 18, 2013 Amanda rated it it was ok
Definitely not the best selection of poems, but I enjoyed some by Shakespeare
Hilary
Oct 02, 2013 Hilary rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: married couples & daydreamers
Recommended to Hilary by: purchased @ the library
endearing, I just floated away, dreaming of that special someone.
Dodi Prananda
Buku yang manis untuk mereka yang sedang jatuh cinta
Nanaku
Aug 01, 2010 Nanaku rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
nice poems from many people in the world
Diksha Madaan
Diksha Madaan marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Naomi Chambers
Naomi Chambers rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
May 11, 2016
Kadiesha
Kadiesha rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Skye Hove
Skye Hove rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Antonio Clark
Antonio Clark marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Nuddin
Nuddin marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Teresa
Teresa added it
Feb 24, 2016
Lizzy B
Lizzy B marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Paul B. Janeczko is a poet and teacher and has edited more than twenty award-winning poetry anthologies for young people, including STONE BENCH IN AN EMPTY PARK, LOOKING FOR YOUR NAME, SEEING THE BLUE BETWEEN, and A POKE IN THE I, which was an American Library Association Notable Book.
More about Paul B. Janeczko...