Start by marking “Guinness World Records 2010: Thousands of new records in The Book of the Decade!” as Want to Read:

Guinness World Records 2010: Thousands of new records in The Book of the Decade! (Guinness World Records)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  577 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
From the most searched-for person on the Internet to the youngest billionaire, from the shortest film title to the longest nose—if a world record has been created or surpassed, it’s here!

Guinness World Records 2010 gathers the most remarkable, inspirational, and wacky record breakers yet from every corner of the globe—and even beyond the solar system. Filled with don’t-try
Published April 27th 2010 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Guinness World Records 2010, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guinness World Records 2010

Sammy Ayoun
Nov 01, 2011 Sammy Ayoun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book fits my " a non-fiction book " blog on my bingo board. This book is an interesting book about the world records which have been set in the year of 2010. I learnt about the 2010 records which were newly set or broken by other people. It made me wanna try a break a record myself, such an inspiring book. I would recommend to anyone who can read.
Phi Nguyen
Dec 09, 2014 Phi Nguyen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guinness World Records 2010 is a book you can have fun with. No matter who reads it, dads, grandma, uncle, sister, it will be very interesting and entertaining It is full of weird, amazing, and bizarre records. All most all of the records in the book has at least one picture of it which contributed to the entertaining feeling when I read it.

What I like about this book is that it compares many records with others to give us a better idea of what it is like. An example: Cristiano Ronaldo holds the
Steven Peterson
Nov 20, 2009 Steven Peterson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each year, I eagerly await the arrival of the updated "Guinness World Records." Indeed, it seems to get a bit wilder each year, as new (and sometimes wacky) records are reported. The rules as to what qualifies as a record are laid out (as they are each year). The fun begins even just by randomly leafing through pages (my favorite way of perusing these volumes).

The first page begins with "Firsts," such as the first cloned animal (Remember her name? Dolly!); the first in-flight movie (in 1925); t
Nick G.
Jan 16, 2013 Nick G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just read the book Guiness World Records 2010 by Franklin Gothic.It is nonfiction.It is also 287 pages long. I rated it four stars. The main reason I rated this book four stars because it had really cool records in it. I also liked the sports records. It talked about rugby a lot. The only thing that wasn't that amazing was the astronomy section. It didn't really have anything that was cool in that section. Those are the main facts about the Guiness World Records book 2010.

The order of the bo
Jason K
Feb 07, 2013 Jason K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guinness book of world records
Guinness world records
287 pages
nonfiction

The Guinness book of world records 2010 starts out with the very best things of 2009. Examples of it are the cloned sheep by DR. Ian Wilmut made. It was able to live to a normal lifespan as a normal sheep. It was also able to have kids. Also, Russia released that they put a dog in a spaceship and put it in space. It ended up dying of overheating. Then it goes on to talk about human achievements. The tallest man in the world i
Chris
Dec 20, 2013 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although now some of the facts are quite deprecated for new record-holders, in this book's heyday, this held some interesting information. I was amazed at how much stuff has happened since the first world records book was published in 1955 http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_FIRST-EDITION-OF-THE-GUINNESS-WORLD-RECORDS-BOOK/BLOG/512220/7691.html. Thanks for keeping up with all setting records and keeping us informed in this annual series of books.
Thomas Rewi
Nov 01, 2011 Thomas Rewi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are some of my favourite books ! I like them because they are exciting for students of almost any age. I also love that the records are from around the world. I think they are a good book to get interest in reading for those who are often reluctant to read. I like the wide variety in topics from 'Sports' to 'Video Games' and other wacky topics. It seems to get a bit wilder each year, as new (and sometimes creepy) records are reported. The fun begins even just by randomly looking through pa ...more
James
Jun 05, 2014 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
its ok
Lillian Collier
These books are exciting for students of almost any age. I love that the records are from around the world, and that can spark interest in other cultures, and also expresses our unity with people from far away, despite our differences. These books are very popular with the gifted third graders, mostly the boys, and I think they are a good resource to spark interest in reading for those who are often reluctant.
Khush
Aug 29, 2013 Khush rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very informational and we get to read about the world's broken records and we can also find out which record was broken on our birthday and there are many chapters to this book and there are records of many things from the shortest man living to the largest burger commercially available.
Nadad Griam
Jan 13, 2014 Nadad Griam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is good.
Ethan.w
this book is plain cool beacause it tells the biggest things the weirdest things and the smallest. It is also very informative about the work around us and also teaches some science. There also educational and have lots a fun facts.
Rachel
Aug 12, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
The Guinness book of World Records! The wild, wet, weird, and wonderful (plus the tame, dry, and just plain gross) are contained in one book...with a six inch slug on the title page that says ACTUAL SIZE on it!
Jamie
Jan 28, 2013 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading Guinness World Record 2009 I was shocked of the improved records and layout of the new Guinness World Record 2010. When I read this book I was think of visualizing because I can think of it very easily.
Victor Montoya
Sep 22, 2011 Victor Montoya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was really nasty people getting pierced everywhere and they could pull a firetruck with there right arm and the could keep scorpians in their mouth for ten seconds and alot more
Trevor
Jun 15, 2012 Trevor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That there was a guy that was putting hooks in his eyes to pull a fire truck. It also showed a guy putting two hooks in his back to pull six people on a bike.
May
May 03, 2010 May rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all guiness world record books! There is always something weird or funny to learn and they are just plain awesome!!!!!
Erin O'connor
Apr 19, 2011 Erin O'connor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
some are these records are creepyyy weird!!! some are funny. some are just plain silly! and the rest are amazing!
Tayler watson
Oct 14, 2011 Tayler watson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
i loved this book. there is a bunch of weird stuff in it. i highly recamend it to people. add me people.
Kayla
i love it because its in 3d and i have read all expect 2011 and the believe it or not i read like 5.
Caitlin
Feb 05, 2011 Caitlin rated it really liked it
it was great but in the sports section it was a little boring but other wize it was great
Meadow
Wasn't able to get a good look through the whole thing, but what i did see was kinda cool.
Clare
Jul 06, 2010 Clare rated it it was amazing
There was amazing, gross, awesome, cool and any other adjective known to man!!!!
Grade5 Five
Sep 28, 2010 Grade5 Five rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i like the guinness world record books because the records are some kind of un beatable
Johnny
There are so many things in this book that I didn't know were possible!
Cristian
I loves it!!!it even showed the 2nd best soccer team ever real madrid.
Sherea
Sep 24, 2010 Sherea marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to attempt to break a world record. I just need to see which one.
Jaci
Mar 30, 2011 Jaci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like it. it has lots of wacky recorgs and funny ones to.
Garrett
Apr 21, 2013 Garrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has some awesome world records in it! I suggest you get it.
Mariam El Keraby
it was a really good book full of disgusting world records
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not! Enter If You Dare!
  • How to Talk to Girls
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Butterflies
  • Is That A Sick Cat In Your Backpack?
  • The Bartender's Black Book
  • Most Scenic Drives in America
  • Roget's College Thesaurus in Dictionary Form, The New American: Revised and Enlarged Edition
  • Thailand
  • The Sibley Guide to Trees
  • Encyclopedia of Dog Breeds
  • Chant and Be Happy: The Power of Mantra Meditation
  • Birds of America

Guinness World Records (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • The Guinness Book of World Records 1964
  • Guinness Book Of Records 1969
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1970
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1971 (10th Edition)
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1972