Guinness World Records 2010: Thousands of new records in The Book of the Decade! (Guinness World Records)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  433 ratings  ·  48 reviews
From the most searched-for person on the Internet to the youngest billionaire, from the shortest film title to the longest nose—if a world record has been created or surpassed, it’s here!

Guinness World Records™ 2010 gathers the most remarkable, inspirational, and wacky record breakers yet from every corner of the globe—and even beyond the solar system. Filled with don’t-tr...more
Published April 27th 2010 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2009)

Sammy Ayoun
This book fits my " a non-fiction book " blog on my bingo board. This book is an interesting book about the world records which have been set in the year of 2010. I learnt about the 2010 records which were newly set or broken by other people. It made me wanna try a break a record myself, such an inspiring book. I would recommend to anyone who can read.
Steven Peterson
Each year, I eagerly await the arrival of the updated "Guinness World Records." Indeed, it seems to get a bit wilder each year, as new (and sometimes wacky) records are reported. The rules as to what qualifies as a record are laid out (as they are each year). The fun begins even just by randomly leafing through pages (my favorite way of perusing these volumes).

The first page begins with "Firsts," such as the first cloned animal (Remember her name? Dolly!); the first in-flight movie (in 1925); t...more
Nick G.
I just read the book Guiness World Records 2010 by Franklin Gothic.It is nonfiction.It is also 287 pages long. I rated it four stars. The main reason I rated this book four stars because it had really cool records in it. I also liked the sports records. It talked about rugby a lot. The only thing that wasn't that amazing was the astronomy section. It didn't really have anything that was cool in that section. Those are the main facts about the Guiness World Records book 2010.

The order of the bo...more
Jason K
Guinness book of world records
Guinness world records
287 pages
nonfiction

The Guinness book of world records 2010 starts out with the very best things of 2009. Examples of it are the cloned sheep by DR. Ian Wilmut made. It was able to live to a normal lifespan as a normal sheep. It was also able to have kids. Also, Russia released that they put a dog in a spaceship and put it in space. It ended up dying of overheating. Then it goes on to talk about human achievements. The tallest man in the world i...more
Chris
Although now some of the facts are quite deprecated for new record-holders, in this book's heyday, this held some interesting information. I was amazed at how much stuff has happened since the first world records book was published in 1955 http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_FIRST-EDITION-OF-THE-GUINNESS-WORLD-RECORDS-BOOK/BLOG/512220/7691.html. Thanks for keeping up with all setting records and keeping us informed in this annual series of books.
Thomas Rewi
These are some of my favourite books ! I like them because they are exciting for students of almost any age. I also love that the records are from around the world. I think they are a good book to get interest in reading for those who are often reluctant to read. I like the wide variety in topics from 'Sports' to 'Video Games' and other wacky topics. It seems to get a bit wilder each year, as new (and sometimes creepy) records are reported. The fun begins even just by randomly looking through pa...more
Lillian Collier
These books are exciting for students of almost any age. I love that the records are from around the world, and that can spark interest in other cultures, and also expresses our unity with people from far away, despite our differences. These books are very popular with the gifted third graders, mostly the boys, and I think they are a good resource to spark interest in reading for those who are often reluctant.
Tin_Nok Poon

I think this book is a quite good book, although the GWR2008 has some better records and this book is missing some classic records, this book includes a section called the "unbreakables" and i kind of liked it. I oringally decided to rate 3 stars but because of the "Unbreakables" section, i rated it 4/5.

Khush
This book is very informational and we get to read about the world's broken records and we can also find out which record was broken on our birthday and there are many chapters to this book and there are records of many things from the shortest man living to the largest burger commercially available.
Ethan.w
this book is plain cool beacause it tells the biggest things the weirdest things and the smallest. It is also very informative about the work around us and also teaches some science. There also educational and have lots a fun facts.
Rachel
The Guinness book of World Records! The wild, wet, weird, and wonderful (plus the tame, dry, and just plain gross) are contained in one book...with a six inch slug on the title page that says ACTUAL SIZE on it!
Jamie
After reading Guinness World Record 2009 I was shocked of the improved records and layout of the new Guinness World Record 2010. When I read this book I was think of visualizing because I can think of it very easily.
Victor Montoya
I thought this book was really nasty people getting pierced everywhere and they could pull a firetruck with there right arm and the could keep scorpians in their mouth for ten seconds and alot more
Trevor
That there was a guy that was putting hooks in his eyes to pull a fire truck. It also showed a guy putting two hooks in his back to pull six people on a bike.
May
I love all guiness world record books! There is always something weird or funny to learn and they are just plain awesome!!!!!
Erin O'connor
some are these records are creepyyy weird!!! some are funny. some are just plain silly! and the rest are amazing!
Tayler watson
i loved this book. there is a bunch of weird stuff in it. i highly recamend it to people. add me people.
Kayla
i love it because its in 3d and i have read all expect 2011 and the believe it or not i read like 5.
Caitlin
it was great but in the sports section it was a little boring but other wize it was great
Meadow
Wasn't able to get a good look through the whole thing, but what i did see was kinda cool.
Clare
There was amazing, gross, awesome, cool and any other adjective known to man!!!!
Grade5 Five
i like the guinness world record books because the records are some kind of un beatable
Johnny
There are so many things in this book that I didn't know were possible!
Cristian
I loves it!!!it even showed the 2nd best soccer team ever real madrid.
Sherea
Sep 24, 2010 Sherea marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to attempt to break a world record. I just need to see which one.
Jaci
I really like it. it has lots of wacky recorgs and funny ones to.
Garrett
This book has some awesome world records in it! I suggest you get it.
Mariam El Keraby
it was a really good book full of disgusting world records
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to the Night Sky
  • How to Talk to Girls
  • Angry Aztecs
  • The Late Great Planet Earth
  • Where's Waldo? The Great Picture Hunt
  • The Dark Tourist
  • Śrī Īśopaniṣad
  • Magic Eye 1: A New Way of Looking at the World (Magic Eye, #1)
  • Why Do They Act That Way?: A Survival Guide to the Adolescent Brain for You and Your Teen
  • The Lost World of the Kalahari
  • The Breadwinner Trilogy (The Breadwinner, #1-3)
  • Garfield Beefs Up (Garfield #37)
  • Birds of North America: A Guide to Field Identification
  • How I Play Golf
  • The Shamutanti Hills (Fighting Fantasy: Sorcery!, #1)
  • Money Rules: Rule Your Money, or Your Money Will Rule You
  • Meisje met negen pruiken
  • Sugar Baby: Confections, Candies, Cakes & Other Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Sugar
Guinness World Records 2011 Vampire Watcher's Handbook: A Guide for Slayers Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition Guinness World Records Games 2008 Guinness World Records 2008