Start by marking “Avengers: Standoff” as Want to Read:
Avengers: Standoff

Avengers: Standoff (Avengers Vol. III)

3.02 of 5 stars 3.02  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Thor has answered the Avengers' call to action from day one, but the God of Thunder has an even higher responsibility: to his worshippers. But not everyone's in favour of divine intervention, and it's Iron Man's job to get the god out with Captain America playing referee between two of the world's biggest super-powers.
Published March 31st 2010 by Marvel (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Avengers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avengers

Nicolo Yu
This volume completes the Geoff Johns Avengers hardcover I've been collecting over the years. I didn't want to pony up for a pricey omnibus and I figured I would save more building my collection from discount bins and bargain bookstores and I was right.

This wasn't a bad story line but having Thor quit the Avengers and making it a crossover between three titles seemed forced, but it does give a sense of how Thor and Tony developed bad blood over the years that lead to cloning "Clor" in the Civil
Anne

This isn't a good example of Johns at his best. The story about Iron Man and Thor is sort of passable, but it the cheese level got pretty high at times. Captain America kind of got thrown in there at the end as the voice of reason, but his being there just felt weird and forced. In fact, the same thing could be said of the entire battle between those two. There wasn't enough...something.
My advice would be to skip it and move on to Bendis' Avengers. It isn't awful, but there's definitel
Jenna
Wish the Ant-Man chapters were at the end instead, since they seemed not tied in at all to the dramatic cover.

Overall this covered interesting topics that were also covered in the whole Phoenix Force X-Men series, the great power and great responsibility and policing the world, etc. The importance of helping people in need versus realizing the complexity of global (and historical) politics was hard to read, and I have a feeling I would react as Thor did in his shoes (or boots, I suppose). I fel
Alejandro
Muy buena historia. Es un gran ejemplo de lo mucho que han evolucionado los comics desde el clásico "bien contra el mal".
El escritor juega muy bien con los grises de proteger a la sociedad. Habla del costo de la libertad, y de las reglas del mundo para obtenerla.
Me gusta también cómo centraron una visión distinta en cada uno de los personajes principales: dos visiones extremas opuestas, y una visión central moderadora.
Además, el arte de toda la historia es excelente: moderna y detallista.
Muy rec
Keith
Gustavo
Hasta ahora de lo más flojo de estos tomitos de Salvat. Hubiera sido interesante que lo publicaran antes de Avengers: Disassembled, asi tendrían un poco más de sentido los eventos del principio de esa saga.
Jesse Rice
It feels rather disjointed. Sure, it's comprised of various issues of comic books, but they barely even all connect. The first and last stories are only passing references to the main three (though pretty good stories on their own). The main story line is okay, but not particularly above average.
La Revistería Comics
Crossover de los Avengers de Geoff Johns contra la monada que se andaba trompeando por aquellas fechas (o sea, ellos mismos... Otra vez).
Variaciones Enrojo
Entrega #12 del coleccionable Marvel de Salvat. Numeración de lomo: 28.
Ondra Král
Nehodnotím přímo tuto knihu, ale "Avengers: Na ostří nože" (vyšlo v rámci UKK a liší se to jedním sešitem). Hlavní příběh ve kterém se seká Thor a Iron Manem je příliš krátký, zmatený a nějak mi tu ty mezinárodní vztahy nešly do hlavy. Bitva Thora s Iron Manem je nakreslená hezky a to je tak všechno.

Druhý část knihy (Ant Man X Jack of Heart) pak jako vytržená z kontextu nedává smysl - u Jacka se neustále mluví o minulosti, kterou neznám a díky výseku klíčových sešitů to působí děsně zkratkovitě.
Devero
Thor vs Iron-Man vs Capitan America.
La storia è molto legata alla narrazione di quel periodo e risponde ad una richiesta di coerenza da parte dei lettori, in quanto le tre serie stavano prendendo direzioni parecchio diverse sotto l'impulso della direzione editoriale dell'epoca Jemas. Era necessario quindi separare Thor dai Vendicatori, e da Iron-man e Cap. La storia fa acqua, non andrebbe oltre le 2 stelle, ma i disegni di Alan Davis chinato da Farmer permettono tranquillamente la stella in più.
Tuathane
The writing in this volume seemed a bit bland for my taste. The story regarding the war in Slokavia was interesting, and I feel that much more could have been done with that in order to make this a better read. There was a point, but it was lost in the super-heroics, instead of the other way around. I would have liked this at eight. Now? Not so much
TJ Shelby
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Aleksei
Унылое говно.
Dwik Nawaputra
Dwik Nawaputra marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Hunter Lambright
Hunter Lambright marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Nick Lugo
Nick Lugo marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Pablo Martinez
Pablo Martinez marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
George
George marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Ryan Owned
Ryan Owned marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Geoff Johns originally hails from Detroit, Michigan. He attended Michigan State University, where he earned a degree in Media Arts and Film. He moved to Los Angeles in the late 1990’s in search of work within the film industry. Through perseverance, Geoff ended up as the assistant to Richard Donner, working on Conspiracy Theory and Lethal Weapon 4. During that time, he also began his comics career ...more
More about Geoff Johns...

Avengers Vol. III (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Avengers: The Morgan Conquest
  • Avengers: Supreme Justice
  • Avengers: Clear & Present Dangers
  • Avengers: Ultron Unlimited
  • Avengers: Living Legends
  • Avengers: Above and Beyond
  • Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (Avengers)
  • Avengers, Vol. 1: World Trust
  • The Avengers, Vol. 2: Red Zone
  • Avengers, Vol. 3: The Search for She-Hulk
Batman: Earth One Blackest Night Green Lantern: Rebirth Justice League, Vol. 1: Origin Infinite Crisis