Der Engel

Der Engel (Templar Chronicles #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Three years ago an archaeological expedition led by Vatican scholar Juan Vargas discovered something unusual on the shores of the Dead Sea. Early the next morning, Father Vargas, and the artifact he uncovered, disappeared without a trace.

Until now.

An injured and badly dehydrated Father Vargas wanders out of the New Mexican desert, telling a wild story about a secret resear...more
Paperback
Published by Droemer-Knaur (first published September 4th 2012)

Jim
Another solid entry in the Templar Chronicles series.

Knight Commander Cade Williams is a modern day Templar Knight who kicks ass and takes names. He takes on monsters, demons, fallen angels and anything else that evil can throw at him.

Buy and read this book. You won't be disappointed. I can't wait to start the next one in the series.
Michael Leffel
If the first book was considered "Urban Fantasy" this one jumps ship into "suspense/horror" and still has the great characters from the first book!

A cool thrilling read!
Michael VanOmmeren
Great sequel to "The Heretic". Looking forward to reading the final book of the trilogy - "A Tear in the Sky".
Randy Smith
Now this was good like the last one.
Chris Wiegman
Very entertaining. One of the best series I've found on Kindle so far. Looking forward to the 3rd.
Deidre
way better than the 1st book and that one was a fantastic read!
Paula Howard
Scream of Angels is the second in the Templar Series. We find Cade and his Echo team once more called upon by the Catholic Church to fight the Adversary. The Adversary is known to Cade. It was the Adversary that killed his wife Gabrielle and left with scared and without sight on his left side. His eye can't see things in the human world but can see into the spiritual world.

We find that Gabrielle once again makes an appearance to Cade. He continues his search for her spirit.

Excellent series.
Nancy

The second book in the Templar Chronicles, A Scream of Angels essentially begins where The Heretic left off, just a few months difference. Knight Commander Cade Williams has been spending a lot of time Beyond, searching for Gabrielle, his murdered wife. When found, he is in very bad shape and isn’t expected to live but, somehow, one of the team, Sgt. Sean Duncan, appears to have healed him. However Sean doesn’t think he did.

On the hunt for a new group of supernaturals, Cade and his team are forc...more
Dutch
I enjoyed this book. I would have enjoyed some additional angel lore and less mysterious traipsing underground with no idea as to what is at the other end. Some hints during the exploration would have been appreciated unless I completely missed them. I don't need to read the last book in the trilogy just yet.
Ken
More action oriented than Book One.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. However, I noticed book one had more mystery to it while this was more on the edge of your seat action. I really enjoyed it though and it was hard to put down. Made the mistake of reading it in my yard swing yesterday. Not sure how long I was reading, but I'm sunburned now. I really enjoy the background plot concerning the Adversary, while giving us a good story for the present also.
Dirceu
Great sequel to the heretic. I´m eager to read the third book. The members of Echo Team are awesome, especially their leader, Cade Willians. The plot of this book is very well written and the catch for the next book was well placed.
Congratulations again Joseph!!! Keep up the good work.
Maria Schneider
Liked this one quite a bit, although not as much as the first. It answered a few unanswered questions, had GREAT action scenes and I'm looking forward to the next. A few of the solutions were a bit to "pat" and quick, but the pages still turned all by themselves.
Christy Hayer
Christy Hayer marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Willowblue
Willowblue marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Kyleh
Kyleh marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Joseph Nassise is the author of more than twenty novels, including the internationally bestselling TEMPLAR CHRONICLES series, the JEREMIAH HUNT trilogy, and the GREAT UNDEAD WAR series. He has also written several books in the popular Rogue Angel action-adventure series.

His work has been nominated for both the Bram Stoker Award and the International Horror Guild Award and has been translated into...more
More about Joseph Nassise...
Eyes to See (Jeremiah Hunt, #1) Heretic (Templar Chronicles, #1) A Tear in the Sky (Templar Chronicles #3) King of the Dead (Jeremiah Hunt, #2) By the Blood of Heroes (The Great Undead War, #1)