Start by marking “Haunted Destiny” as Want to Read:
Haunted Destiny

Haunted Destiny

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Destiny Dove is the only survivor of a tragic car crash that killed her parents and baby brother. A teen uprooted from her home, she is forced to live with her New Age Grandmother whom she’s been taught her entire life to fear. If that’s not enough Destiny soon discovers she has developed the family gift of being able to see and talk to ghosts, The Shade Sight, her grandmo ...more
Published by Hearts on Fire Books (first published September 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Destiny

Jennifer Treviño
Spooky Awesomeness!
There are so many reasons why I loved this story! The storyline is a mixture of traditional hauntings with an eclectic twist. While the plot is not overly complicated it is very entertaining in a spine tingling way. The characters are eccentric & pull you in. And what a finale! A terrific young adult paranormal tale I will enjoy sharing with my kids!
Elissa
First off, let me just say that while I have enjoyed many books here recently, but to just say I loved this book, well it just doesn't cut it. Haunted Destiny is a Young Adult Paranormal Fiction, with some hint of romance. If you like a good ghost story, you are going to love this book.

Destiny Dove is in a tragic accident, losing her mother, father, and little brother, who she tries desperately to save. Suddenly orphaned, Destiny finds herself living with her estranged grandmother. Now I must sa
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Dawn

The prologue is gripping. It’s so horrific that you can’t help but be sucked into the story.

Destiny is unique to say the least. Her whole world has changed since her family’s death. She meets her Grandmother Rose for the first time. Destiny’s mother had been estranged from her mother. Destiny has grown up with a prejudice against Rose but she puts it aside and keeps an open mind.

Destiny wants to make some friends before school begins. She meets Jake and Amy out
Karen Fuller
I purchased this book expecting a YA ghostly romance, and I got so much more. I really enjoyed Destiny's story. Kelly Abell spun a chillingly realistic tale, and a very good read. I highly recommend it.
Jenifer Ruff
Haunted Destiny is a smoothly written spooky story. After a car crash kills her family, Destiny Dove is sent to live with her Grandmother, whom she hardly knows. Destiny soon discovers that her mother hid a family secret, one Destiny unknowingly inherited. With patience and wisdom, the grandmother teaches her to use her newly discovered gift. Meanwhile, Jake, the kind and handsome boy from down the road, does his best to help Destiny adjust to her new surroundings. But with Jake comes Amy, his j ...more
Grammy 1
picked up Kelly Abells book as I saw it on a forum and wanted to be able to give myself and my grandchildren something fun to read and yet have it believeable...I always read first for content and just thought how wonderful this story was and how creative the writer...
Destiny is a young girl who was suddenly touched by tragedy. In a car accident that claimed her mother, father and baby brother she is taken from her rather elite home and moves to a trailer with a grandmother she never knew.

She
Valerie Mcqueen
Haunted Destiny by Kelly Abell

Rating5*****

This book was provided free from the author in exchange for honest literary review.
Michelle McQueen
YATR review panel

Destiny had her while world changed with the accident. Being the only person in her family to survive, she is now sent to live with her grandma. The same grandma she was never allowed to see. The sane grandma her mother thought was a witch.
Settling in with her grandmother Rose, Destiny realizes that there truly is something to the story
♦Jennifer♦
Overall, this is something I would recommend for those on the younger end of the YA spectrum. Being closer to Destiny's age might help the reader like and/or understand Destiny better. The characters were consistent, and the story was solid. I just wish that Destiny would've been more assertive, or that it went a little more in depth to why the furniture was being haunted.

You'll soon be able to see the full review at Literary Escapism.
Lauren
Overall the story was pretty boring and dragged on, it never got really exciting. I felt that the characters were pretty bland.
Caroline Rolley
The "final battle" and the ending felt really rushed compared to the rest of the book but it was a good read.
Megan Cornelius
Megan Cornelius marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Mai
Mai marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Maryellen
Maryellen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Nan
Nan marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Laura W
Laura W marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Kim Justice
Kim Justice marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Re-Released 1 1 Sep 28, 2012 04:27AM
Series 1 3 Sep 12, 2009 07:40PM
Kelly started writing in High School in Roanoke Virginia and was first published in her school magazine called Sketches. She is a Sales Consultant for a major insurance company and has a Master's Degree in Adult Education.

She began writing novels in 2000 when she kept waking up in the middle of the night with the characters in her mind just wouldn't be silenced. Like most authors she's had her sh
More about Kelly Abell...
Blood Harvest Moon Sealed in Lies Captured In Lies Mabe's Burden The Lost Jewels of Hera