Start by marking “Claim: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Claim: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy, #3)

Claim: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy #3)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  480 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Sent west by their father to make a new life, the St. Clair siblings have done so—but hardly as he’d wished. Beautiful, headstrong Moira, after pursuing a career on the Paris stage, has returned to Colorado Springs—older, wiser, and certainly much poorer—to see if there’s anything left of a relationship she’d left behind. Older sister Odessa and her husband, Bryce, are str ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by David C. Cook (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Claim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claim

Red Hook Road by Ayelet WaldmanHoly Rollers by ReShonda Tate BillingsleyAN Inconvenient Friend by Rhonda McKnightGod Alone Is Enough by Claudia Mair BurneyHurricanes in Paradise by Denise Hildreth Jones
Dee's Summer Reading Challenge
11th out of 18 books — 7 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversMark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine RiversLeaper by Geoffrey  WoodA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe God Cookie by Geoffrey  Wood
Christian Fiction Favorites
332nd out of 461 books — 343 voters

More lists with this book...

Melanie
A great ending to a wonderful historical series! I really enjoyed reading about the St. Clair siblings and am kind of sad to say goodbye. I liked how again this book was about all three of them and not just Nic. I also enjoyed the mining aspect.

The individual romance stories were all sweet and the ending brought a smile to my face. A satisfying conclusion and I definitely recommend this series!

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above
Brittany
Dec 23, 2015 Brittany rated it really liked it
Claim wraps up the Homeward Trilogy series. The author did a great job of tying up all of the loose ends and ensuring that all three St. Clair siblings have full and satisfying stories.

Moira’s story line continues from book two, while Dominic’s story definitely takes over as the primary focus of book three. I really enjoyed watching where Moira’s search for love and understanding took her. Wow! That was a very powerful part of the book.

I also enjoyed Dominic’s story and how everything played out
April
Apr 03, 2014 April rated it really liked it
I have to say this series never lacks for excitement! There constantly seems to be some force causing havoc for our prodigals, either with an internal struggle or with the evil in the world. I enjoyed seeing these prodigals return "home", finding themselves and their footing with God. Bergren has no trouble keeping the pages turning and creating a cast of characters that you are drawn to. Overall, it was a well done series and I really enjoyed it.

I do have to say that while all the drama (extern
Shannah Mauney
Oct 15, 2014 Shannah Mauney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewd-on-blog
This book was a satisfying conclusion to the series. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Please check out my blog for further review on this book and many more! http://faithlovebooks.blogspot.com/20...
Lady Haley *Keep Calm and Eat Chocolate*
Really good! Finished it in like one day, less than twenty four hours! ;) The whole series is overall good!
Lis K
Oct 09, 2014 Lis K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third and final book in the Homeward Trilogy. After being the supporting character in books 1 and 2, Dominic (aka Nic) finally gets his story! Although one could figure out what was going on without having read the first two books, I would recommend at least reading book 2, Sing. Claim picks up a few months after Sing ends and it continues Nic's sister, Moira's storyline. Both Nic and Moira have been the prodigal St. Clairs who needed to find their way home (to God). Nic is back in C ...more
Renee
Jun 23, 2010 Renee rated it really liked it
After having read Sing, the second book in this series a few months back I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Claim the conclusion to the series was soon to follow. I have been waiting patiently to read this and it did not let me down in the least. I figured since each book focused on a different St. Clair sibling that naturally Nic's story would be told in Claim since Breathe is Odessa's story and Sing is mainly about Moira.

This story is full of suspense, drama, love and hope. Not only did
Theresa
Aug 11, 2010 Theresa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teen through adult
Recommended to Theresa by: B&B Media
Although I found this a very good read, I found I was lacking in the background of many of the characters. With "Claim" being Book #3 in The Homeward Trilogy, I'm sure there's a great deal I've missed.

I did enjoy the writing style of the author. She certainly has a way with presenting the story and holding one's attention. I also found the story line to be very interesting and very exciting in places. The characters felt believable and quite real, but I feel I can't do this book justice without
Molly
Jun 24, 2010 Molly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!!!
Recommended to Molly by: FIRST
Bittersweet. Wonderful. Bittersweet. That's the best way I can describe Claim. I absolutely loved everything about this tender hearted story with a twist of mystery, except the fct that it feels like I'm moving away and leaving behind my loving family. *Excuse me.....I need to grab some tissues. Okay, sorry about that.* I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN UNTIL FORCED TO DO MY MOTHERLY DUTIES!

The thing I loved most about Claim, and Breathe and Sing, is that while each book is a certain St. Clair sib
Tamara Tilley
Jan 27, 2016 Tamara Tilley rated it liked it
CLAIM by Lisa T. Bergren was a good blend of drama, love story, heart, and suspense. The St. Claire family is the center of The Homeward Trilogy. Odessa St. Claire along with her husband, Brice is building a town, Moira is trying to rebuild her life after a harrowing accident that has left her scarred, and Dominic (Nic) St. Claire is struggling with past demons as he tries to make his way home.

CLAIM centers on Nic, who after squandering his inheritance feels he needs to make something of himself
Clockstein Lockstein
Jun 23, 2010 Clockstein Lockstein rated it really liked it
Claim by Lisa T. Bergren is the third book in the Homeward Trilogy about the St. Clair siblings. This novel picks up the story of Dominic "Nic" who has been making his way back home to sister Odessa in Colorado after squandering his inheritance, being shanghaied on a ship from South America. Other sister Moira is recovering from her facial burns and dealing with the consequences of being pregnant from her late lover. Nic is offered the chance to own half of a gold mine, but almost immediately th ...more
Erin
Jun 07, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
The Homeward Trilogy started with "Breathe" and continued with "Sing", and now we have "Claim" to wrap it all up! This series is definitely tied together so I would recommend starting at the beginning if you have an interest in these Colorado-based stories.

Nic St. Clair has been around the globe and is almost ready to face his family again, except for one thing: he doesn't want to go home empty-handed. An interesting offer for work sends Nic up into the mountains, where he unexpectedly inherits
Melissa
Aug 13, 2010 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, chick-lit
First I would like to thank Lisa and her publisher for providing a copy for review. I was excited to receive the book, as Ms. Bergren is one of my favorite authors.

I have to say this was a great book. It had a great story line, characters that drew you into the story, and some Colorado history thrown in. As a native Coloradoan, I have visited St. Elmo many times and have hiked around the Buena Vista, Gunnison, St. Elmo areas. What I loved about this book was it gave a glimpse of history in the a
Elizabeth Gallagher
Jun 19, 2012 Elizabeth Gallagher rated it really liked it
I had picked up this book from the library thinking that it was a stand alone book, it wasn't until I was half way through the book until I realized that this book was the third of the Homeward Trilogy.

As a stand alone book it was a great read. An easy read that I was capable of reading within a few hours. It took a while to catch on to the history of the characters in the book, seeing that I didn't read the first two novels.

I was entrapped in the plot line of Nic St. Clair, but I feel as though
Amanda
Jul 19, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
This book was very well written. Even though it was the third in a trilogy, I was able to read it without having read the first two books. Moreover, I enjoyed it. The book focused on two characters, Nic and Moira, brother and sister who are trying to put their lives back together and return to their family. The story line runs almost two distinctly parallel plots, one involving Nic and one involving Moira. This strategy worked to keep the plot rapidly moving back and forth between the two story ...more
Rebecca
Mar 11, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
As the last book in the series, Claim wrapped up the story of Moira St. Clair and tells the many adventures of Odessa and Moira's older brother, Nic. This was probably my favorite book in the Homeward Trilogy series. I really loved how Nic's hardened heart was changed by the love of others and God. Claim was inspiring and action-filled - a great book.
Allie
Jul 05, 2015 Allie rated it liked it
I chose a book from my Kindle library stash, and this was my pick. Turns out, it was book 3 of a trilogy. I generally don't read books out of order, but it wasn't a problem. This is a fine, well written story, and I have enjoyed other books by this author.
Pam
Jul 01, 2015 Pam rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book. I like the writer's style and the story was good. However, I think I liked the 2nd book in the series better than this one. Purchased through Amazon in soft cover.
Noah Keith Potter
Justice belongs to God

I loved this series. would recommend it anyone. good story line....no bad language.....justice belongs to God evident in this story.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Feb 29, 2012 Miss Pippi the Librarian rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith-fiction
The final piece of The Homeward Trilogy! Eldest Odessa is settling in with her husband Bryce and Moira has returned home. Nic is still searching for a way to live with himself. He's fighting for the chance to prove himself and looking for a safe place to settle.

If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. ~ 1 John 1:6

Excellent end to a beautiful trilogy full of faith and heartache. A definite read you sink your teeth into. I was glad to r
Debbie Perry
Jun 19, 2014 Debbie Perry rated it it was amazing
When I finished this trilogy I thought that it was one of the best series that I have read.
Angela
Mar 03, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing
This was a really great series. Very well written; interesting, engaging characters; great pacing that kept me anxious to keep going; and great dramatic adventures that made my heart pump. I liked how she kept switching between the 3 siblings, giving you a taste of each of their stories. I also like the "Prodigal Son" theme for Moira and Nic - how they struggled thru their mistakes and trials and found their way home, and even Dess didn't exactly live happily ever after when she got married - sh ...more
Mar 23, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
fictional romance novels about Colorado. Set in Colorado Springs and in the mountains south and west (Wet Mountains, Sangre de Cristos). The brother to the heroines of the first two books takes his turn in the spotlight. After running through his inheritance and being shanghaied and sailing around the world, he returns to Colorado in time to accidentally lay claim to a mine whose owner just died and fall in love with his neighbor, a beautiful half-breed. I think the drama pretty much hit the roo ...more
Phyllis C
May 05, 2014 Phyllis C rated it really liked it
The brother from books 1 & 2 has problems with a gold mine.
Peggy
May 16, 2015 Peggy rated it really liked it
love i
Kathy
Apr 26, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have just finished this lovely trilogy - Breathe, Sing and Claim - A Novel of Colorado. Claim was a nice finish to it all, bringing together the loose ends, albeit with lots of ups and downs and edge of your seat drama! If you like novels net in the late 1800's with a christian thread running through - you will love to step back in time and visit the St Clair family. After this and the River of Time Series - Lisa T Bergren has become one of my authors to keep an eye out for.....
Charity U
Apr 16, 2012 Charity U rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book. Out of the trilogy, this cover is my least favorite, and I wasn't as excited to read it as I was the first two. But once I started! Oh my. I loved it. Following Nic around was wonderful! Mines have always fascinated me, as have caves, and this book had both -- irresistible! It's got literally heart-pounding adventure, sweet romance, and it makes an excellent wrap-up to the series! 100% recommend it!
Stacy
Aug 30, 2014 Stacy rated it liked it
Last book in the trilogy by Lisa T. Bergren. i really enjoyed all three of these!
Lisa M.
Oct 07, 2013 Lisa M. rated it really liked it
Book #3 in the Homeward Trilogy.
This book follows mostly the brother Dominic and sister Moira. It was a good conclusion and got everything tied up in a nice red bow. LOL!

This was my second time to read it--I didn't realize i already had--and so I whipped through it pretty quickly as the plot jumped into my head in remembrance.
Toni
Jan 03, 2013 Toni rated it it was amazing
I devoured this one and so enjoyed finally getting a satisfactory life for all three siblings. I loved Lisa's exciting style of writing and her descriptions of both people and places. Adjectives for this book: adventure, panic, excitement, love, priorities, . I loved it and will read much more of Lisa's writing.
  • Her Good Name
  • Love's Rescue (The Sierra Chronicles #1)
  • Lanterns and Lace (Texas Legacy #2)
  • Wildflower Bride (Montana Marriages, #3)
  • McKenzie (Montana Skies #1)
  • Widow of Gettysburg (Heroines Behind the Lines #2)
  • The Maiden of Mayfair (Tales of London #1)
  • A River to Cross
  • Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends, #1)
  • All for a Song
  • Skip Rock Shallows (Copper Brown, #3)
  • A Heart Deceived
  • Lily (Song of the River #1)
  • Journey to Riverbend
  • Two Brides Too Many (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #1)
  • Ransome's Crossing (The Ransome Trilogy, #2)
  • Composing Amelia
  • Summer of Promise (Westward Winds, #1)
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 40 books, with more than 2.5 million copies sold. She recently finished a teen series called Remnants (SEASON OF WONDER, SEASON OF FIRE, and SEASON OF GLORY). She's also written the River of Time Series (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT, BOURNE & TRIBUTARY, DELUGE) and The Grand Tour Series (GLAMOROUS ILLUSIONS, GRAVE CONSEQUE
More about Lisa Tawn Bergren...

The Homeward Trilogy (3 books)
  • Breathe (The Homeward Trilogy, #1)
  • Sing (The Homeward Trilogy, #2)

“We all belong to Him, from the cradle to the grave, whether we know it or not. And He'll see justice done in His own time and in His own way. Now if we trust in Him, that's all we have to think about. I'm not saying it's easy. I'm just saying it's what I think we're go do.” 11 likes
“Beautiful Savior, King of creation, Son of God, and Son of Man! Truly I love Thee, Truly I serve Thee Light of my soul, my joy, my crown. Fair are the meadows, fair are the woodlands, Robed in flow’rs of blooming spring” 0 likes