Start by marking “Claim: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Claim: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy, #3)

Claim: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  363 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Sent west by their father to make a new life, the St. Clair siblings have done so—but hardly as he’d wished. Beautiful, headstrong Moira, after pursuing a career on the Paris stage, has returned to Colorado Springs—older, wiser, and certainly much poorer—to see if there’s anything left of a relationship she’d left behind. Older sister Odessa and her husband, Bryce, are str...more
Published June 1st 2010 by David C. Cook (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Claim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claim

April
I have to say this series never lacks for excitement! There constantly seems to be some force causing havoc for our prodigals, either with an internal struggle or with the evil in the world. I enjoyed seeing these prodigals return "home", finding themselves and their footing with God. Bergren has no trouble keeping the pages turning and creating a cast of characters that you are drawn to. Overall, it was a well done series and I really enjoyed it.

I do have to say that while all the drama (extern...more
Shannah Mauney
This book was a satisfying conclusion to the series. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Please check out my blog for further review on this book and many more! http://faithlovebooks.blogspot.com/20...
Lis K
This is the third and final book in the Homeward Trilogy. After being the supporting character in books 1 and 2, Dominic (aka Nic) finally gets his story! Although one could figure out what was going on without having read the first two books, I would recommend at least reading book 2, Sing. Claim picks up a few months after Sing ends and it continues Nic's sister, Moira's storyline. Both Nic and Moira have been the prodigal St. Clairs who needed to find their way home (to God). Nic is back in C...more
Renee
After having read Sing, the second book in this series a few months back I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Claim the conclusion to the series was soon to follow. I have been waiting patiently to read this and it did not let me down in the least. I figured since each book focused on a different St. Clair sibling that naturally Nic's story would be told in Claim since Breathe is Odessa's story and Sing is mainly about Moira.

This story is full of suspense, drama, love and hope. Not only did...more
Theresa
Aug 11, 2010 Theresa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teen through adult
Recommended to Theresa by: B&B Media
Although I found this a very good read, I found I was lacking in the background of many of the characters. With "Claim" being Book #3 in The Homeward Trilogy, I'm sure there's a great deal I've missed.

I did enjoy the writing style of the author. She certainly has a way with presenting the story and holding one's attention. I also found the story line to be very interesting and very exciting in places. The characters felt believable and quite real, but I feel I can't do this book justice without...more
ReviewsByMolly
Jun 24, 2010 ReviewsByMolly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone!!!
Recommended to ReviewsByMolly by: FIRST
Bittersweet. Wonderful. Bittersweet. That's the best way I can describe Claim. I absolutely loved everything about this tender hearted story with a twist of mystery, except the fct that it feels like I'm moving away and leaving behind my loving family. *Excuse me.....I need to grab some tissues. Okay, sorry about that.* I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN UNTIL FORCED TO DO MY MOTHERLY DUTIES!

The thing I loved most about Claim, and Breathe and Sing, is that while each book is a certain St. Clair sib...more
Tamara
CLAIM by Lisa T. Bergren was a good blend of drama, love story, heart, and suspense. The St. Claire family is the center of The Homeward Trilogy. Odessa St. Claire along with her husband, Brice is building a town, Moira is trying to rebuild her life after a harrowing accident that has left her scarred, and Dominic (Nic) St. Claire is struggling with past demons as he tries to make his way home.

CLAIM centers on Nic, who after squandering his inheritance feels he needs to make something of himself...more
Clockstein Lockstein
Claim by Lisa T. Bergren is the third book in the Homeward Trilogy about the St. Clair siblings. This novel picks up the story of Dominic "Nic" who has been making his way back home to sister Odessa in Colorado after squandering his inheritance, being shanghaied on a ship from South America. Other sister Moira is recovering from her facial burns and dealing with the consequences of being pregnant from her late lover. Nic is offered the chance to own half of a gold mine, but almost immediately th...more
Erin
The Homeward Trilogy started with "Breathe" and continued with "Sing", and now we have "Claim" to wrap it all up! This series is definitely tied together so I would recommend starting at the beginning if you have an interest in these Colorado-based stories.

Nic St. Clair has been around the globe and is almost ready to face his family again, except for one thing: he doesn't want to go home empty-handed. An interesting offer for work sends Nic up into the mountains, where he unexpectedly inherits...more
Melissa
First I would like to thank Lisa and her publisher for providing a copy for review. I was excited to receive the book, as Ms. Bergren is one of my favorite authors.

I have to say this was a great book. It had a great story line, characters that drew you into the story, and some Colorado history thrown in. As a native Coloradoan, I have visited St. Elmo many times and have hiked around the Buena Vista, Gunnison, St. Elmo areas. What I loved about this book was it gave a glimpse of history in the a...more
Elizabeth Gallagher
I had picked up this book from the library thinking that it was a stand alone book, it wasn't until I was half way through the book until I realized that this book was the third of the Homeward Trilogy.

As a stand alone book it was a great read. An easy read that I was capable of reading within a few hours. It took a while to catch on to the history of the characters in the book, seeing that I didn't read the first two novels.

I was entrapped in the plot line of Nic St. Clair, but I feel as though...more
Amanda
This book was very well written. Even though it was the third in a trilogy, I was able to read it without having read the first two books. Moreover, I enjoyed it. The book focused on two characters, Nic and Moira, brother and sister who are trying to put their lives back together and return to their family. The story line runs almost two distinctly parallel plots, one involving Nic and one involving Moira. This strategy worked to keep the plot rapidly moving back and forth between the two story...more
Rebecca
As the last book in the series, Claim wrapped up the story of Moira St. Clair and tells the many adventures of Odessa and Moira's older brother, Nic. This was probably my favorite book in the Homeward Trilogy series. I really loved how Nic's hardened heart was changed by the love of others and God. Claim was inspiring and action-filled - a great book.
Noah Keith Potter
Justice belongs to God

I loved this series. would recommend it anyone. good story line....no bad language.....justice belongs to God evident in this story.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
The final piece of The Homeward Trilogy! Eldest Odessa is settling in with her husband Bryce and Moira has returned home. Nic is still searching for a way to live with himself. He's fighting for the chance to prove himself and looking for a safe place to settle.

If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. ~ 1 John 1:6

Excellent end to a beautiful trilogy full of faith and heartache. A definite read you sink your teeth into. I was glad to r...more
Debbie Perry
When I finished this trilogy I thought that it was one of the best series that I have read.
Angela
This was a really great series. Very well written; interesting, engaging characters; great pacing that kept me anxious to keep going; and great dramatic adventures that made my heart pump. I liked how she kept switching between the 3 siblings, giving you a taste of each of their stories. I also like the "Prodigal Son" theme for Moira and Nic - how they struggled thru their mistakes and trials and found their way home, and even Dess didn't exactly live happily ever after when she got married - sh...more
fictional romance novels about Colorado. Set in Colorado Springs and in the mountains south and west (Wet Mountains, Sangre de Cristos). The brother to the heroines of the first two books takes his turn in the spotlight. After running through his inheritance and being shanghaied and sailing around the world, he returns to Colorado in time to accidentally lay claim to a mine whose owner just died and fall in love with his neighbor, a beautiful half-breed. I think the drama pretty much hit the roo...more
Phyllis C
The brother from books 1 & 2 has problems with a gold mine.
Kathy
Have just finished this lovely trilogy - Breathe, Sing and Claim - A Novel of Colorado. Claim was a nice finish to it all, bringing together the loose ends, albeit with lots of ups and downs and edge of your seat drama! If you like novels net in the late 1800's with a christian thread running through - you will love to step back in time and visit the St Clair family. After this and the River of Time Series - Lisa T Bergren has become one of my authors to keep an eye out for.....
Charity U
I loved this book. Out of the trilogy, this cover is my least favorite, and I wasn't as excited to read it as I was the first two. But once I started! Oh my. I loved it. Following Nic around was wonderful! Mines have always fascinated me, as have caves, and this book had both -- irresistible! It's got literally heart-pounding adventure, sweet romance, and it makes an excellent wrap-up to the series! 100% recommend it!
Stacy
Last book in the trilogy by Lisa T. Bergren. i really enjoyed all three of these!
Lisa M.
Book #3 in the Homeward Trilogy.
This book follows mostly the brother Dominic and sister Moira. It was a good conclusion and got everything tied up in a nice red bow. LOL!

This was my second time to read it--I didn't realize i already had--and so I whipped through it pretty quickly as the plot jumped into my head in remembrance.
Toni
I devoured this one and so enjoyed finally getting a satisfactory life for all three siblings. I loved Lisa's exciting style of writing and her descriptions of both people and places. Adjectives for this book: adventure, panic, excitement, love, priorities, . I loved it and will read much more of Lisa's writing.
Sandy Duke
I really enjoyed this last book in The Homeward Trilogy. Through a great story the author reminds us that God has a plan for everyone and He is patient and loving. He uses even our bad choices in life to bring us back to Him and His plan for our lives. Oh...and His plan is much more than we could even imagine!
Weeping_Fairy
These books took my breath away. They take place in one of my favorite time eras. Each of the book's tells the lives of the two sisters and the older brother. They hold a mystery that keeps you pondering. I won't say any more so I don't spoil it.
Shelly
A great addition to the series. Loved them all.
Shannon
A great wrap up to the series. By the time I'd gotten to read this one though, i was jumbling other stories in my head. Either way, really great. Lots of plot twists and such. Fun easy read.
Amy Smith
good book but a little slow at first. Got it from a box of free books and didn't realize it was the 3rd in a trilogy. Felt lost at times because I didn't know the history of the characters.
Tanya
Jul 01, 2012 Tanya rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I really enjoyed this series and this book was a good closing. It told the story of the St. Clair brother and how he finally found God and stability in his life.
  • Lanterns and Lace (Texas Legacy #2)
  • Lily (Song of the River #1)
  • Love's Rescue (The Sierra Chronicles #1)
  • Forsaken Dreams (Escape to Paradise, #1)
  • Journey to Riverbend
  • A River to Cross
  • The Maiden of Mayfair (Tales of London #1)
  • Widow of Gettysburg (Heroines Behind the Lines #2)
  • Her Good Name
  • Skip Rock Shallows (Copper Brown, #3)
  • All in Good Time (The Gilded Legacy, #2)
  • Summer of Promise (Westward Winds, #1)
  • Beauty for Ashes (Hickory Ridge, #2)
  • All for a Story
  • Love by the Letter (Unexpected Brides, #0.5)
  • Touching the Clouds (Alaskan Skies, #1)
  • McKenzie (Montana Skies #1)
  • Wings of a Dream
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 40 books, with more than 2.5 million copies sold. She recently finished a teen series called River of Time (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT, BOURNE & TRIBUTARY and soon will be done with the last installment, DELUGE). She's also written the Grand Tour Series (GLAMOROUS ILLUSIONS, GRAVE CONSEQUENCES, GLITTERING PROMISES), and...more
More about Lisa Tawn Bergren...
Waterfall (River of Time, #1) Cascade (River of Time, #2) Torrent (River of Time, #3) Bourne (River of Time, #3.1) Glamorous Illusions (Grand Tour, #1)

“We all belong to Him, from the cradle to the grave, whether we know it or not. And He'll see justice done in His own time and in His own way. Now if we trust in Him, that's all we have to think about. I'm not saying it's easy. I'm just saying it's what I think we're go do.” 10 likes