Start by marking “Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon” as Want to Read:
Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon

Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon

Native American beauty Sunny Westcott is not one to let her hair down. But her friend Aubrey manages to drag her to Pendleton, Oregon, and the pair arrives just as the hundredth annual Pendleton Round-Up begins. Sunny is surprised by how much she enjoys watching the rodeo, riding horseback, and getting to know Aubrey's family--particularly a handsome cowboy named Cody. ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Summerside Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon

Amber Stokes
May 27, 2010 Amber Stokes rated it liked it
The aspect I enjoyed most about this book was its description of Pendleton--the imagery, history, and the information about the Pendleton Round-Up. It was a lot of fun getting to learn about this place, and I appreciate Carlson's knowledge of Pendleton! Going with the characters to some hole-in-the-wall places, learning about the museums and restaurants, and learning about the Umatilla reservation was all very interesting!

For a "Love Finds You" book, the focus seemed to be mainly on the characte
Trea
While I was reading this book, I kept feeling like I had read it before, but I honestly couldn't remember doing so until the very end of the book. That tells me it wasn't that memorable a read!

I usually enjoy this author's work, but this story felt dull and lifeless to me. To me, the main characters didn't spend enough time in each others company to warrant the declarations of love that came at the end. Cody felt very stadoffish to me, and I kept wondering how he and Sunny suited one another. Su
Saralyn
Dec 14, 2011 Saralyn rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-lit
I enjoyed watching Sunny learn about her roots. I enjoyed the interaction between Sunny and Echo. The relationship between Sunny and Cody was waaaaaay underdeveloped, so the ending was like, "Huh? Yeah, right."
Hannah
This is the first LFY book I've read that was shabbily edited, which was quite disappointing. There was one small oops that I could have swallowed ("a dryer climate"...um, for all of you challenged spellers out there, a dryer is an appliance; "drier" means "less wet"), but the character names was a big issue for me. Sunny's friend Aubrey was referred to once as "...branch of the Westcott family tree", when it's Sunny who's the Westcott, while her friend is a Lowenstein. Then, Aubrey's sister ...more
Roscella Beck
Apr 03, 2011 Roscella Beck rated it liked it
Interesting only because I live in Pendleton OR. Events and places portrayed well. The story line was a bit dragged out. It was just OK.
Dec 25, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: LOVE FINDS YOU IN PENDLETON, OREGON
Author: Melody Carlson
Publisher: Summerside Press
March 2010
ISBN: 978-1-935416-84-5
Inspirational/contemporary romance

Sunny Westcott was raised by her grandmother after her parents’ untimely deaths. And after her grandmother dies, Sunny finds herself unemployed and trying to clean out her grandmother’s house. A friend helps her find a temporary job as a model, and Sunny is invited to go to Pendleton for a photo shot. Before she goes though, she discovers a
Jerry
Sep 11, 2014 Jerry rated it it was ok
A Quickie Review

A mediocre romance that I struggled to finish. Some of the characters and dialogue were a bit inane, especially someone telling the protagonist that she is too old to not be married. (Did whoever stop and think that maybe God called her to live the single life?) Definitely not the best in this series.
Jenny
Feb 10, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it
It's been awhile since I've read this, but if I'm remembering correctly...it was a cute romance, but there were certain elements of the plot that didn't make sense or were over dramatic.
Angela
Nov 01, 2016 Angela rated it it was ok
I got half way through. I was just irritated by the main character and it took forever to introduce the love interest.
Loraine
SUMMARY: Native American beauty Sunny Westcott arrives in town just in time to enjoy the hundredth annual Pendleton Round-Up rodeo. With the help of a handsome cowboy, she hopes to uncover family secrets at a nearby reservation. Will Sunny life what she finds out?

REVIEW: I really enjoyed the Native American aspect of this novel. It was interesting to read the discussion re Native American vs. Indian as used in spoken language by people of varying ancestries in the Oregon area. It was also intere
Alishia
Jan 22, 2012 Alishia rated it did not like it
Extremely disappointing novel. Not well written AT ALL. This book could not have been more disappointing. Unfortunately Carlson waited until the end of the book to make the love story take shape between the lead character and her love interest. Throughout the book she doesn't interact with him and then suddenly at the very end he likes her and asks her out. It's like... too little too late. And the worst part is that the main plot is about this woman finding her roots but in the end it winds up ...more
Connie
I am really enjoying the series "Love Finds You". While I usually do not read romantic fiction, I am enjoying this series because I have enjoyed learning about a variety of communities and regions in the US. I do read historical fiction and have enjoyed the books in this series that fit this category in addition to learning about the geography.

These books are nice, light reads to enjoy while you stay inside away from the intolerable summer heat of 2011.
Zette
Jan 30, 2012 Zette rated it it was ok
Carly Gamblin
Aug 04, 2014 Carly Gamblin rated it it was ok
The most of the storyline was about her finding out about her family heritage. While that was an interesting plot, i was looking for more interaction between sunny and Cody besides the very ending of the book. It was a decent book, but not what I was looking for. I was hoping for more chemistry and interaction between Sunny and Cody. Could have been better.
Anne Gooch
Jun 02, 2013 Anne Gooch rated it it was amazing
I love the Love Finds You series and I also love Melody Carlson! When I came across this book at the Christian bookstore I knew it would be a great one I didn't even read the back cover (that is how much I enjoy this author!) and I wasn't disappointed!
Laura Waxman
Mar 05, 2016 Laura Waxman rated it it was ok
It's more like 2.5 stars really. The story was cute, I enjoyed reading a book set in the same state I live in, and about the rodeo and reservation. Like many other reviews, the avowal of love came too quickly but it was a sweet story none the less.
Larik
Apr 26, 2013 Larik rated it liked it
Shelves: my-library, reviews
As a history oriented book it is really good but as a romance, Im sorry i just dont see it as normal marrying a guy because everyone else talked nice about him. I like to see characters fall in love despite what people say not because of people say...
Melinda
Sep 17, 2012 Melinda rated it liked it
Sue recommended because she knows the author and for the obvious reason of being located in Pendleton. The location is Pendleton, setting being the Round Up with a lot of things surrounding that time of year.
Kandice
Nov 07, 2014 Kandice rated it liked it
Not the best in the series. Romance not developed until the end, and barely at that. It was more of a passing thought. Oh, um, we're in love. Public proposal. The family and location history and heritage were very interesting though.
April Suter
Aug 11, 2013 April Suter rated it really liked it
I enjoy Melody's style of writing or really her storytelling. Sunny becomes a model and learns more about her family's Native American heritage and love. "Let 'er buck!"
313 pages
Ashlylc
Jan 05, 2013 Ashlylc rated it liked it
Shelves: collected-read
Wonderful story all they way through. Very detailed until the ending. I felt like it could have used another chapter for the ending.
Connie
Connie rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2010
Angela Pearson
Angela Pearson rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Grace
Grace rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Debbie Mo
Debbie Mo rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2013
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Olivia
Olivia rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2016
  • Love Finds You in Humble, Texas
  • Love Finds You in Bethlehem, New Hampshire
  • Love Finds You in Prince Edward Island, Canada
  • Love Finds You in Holiday, Florida
  • Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana (merge)
  • Love Finds You in Lonesome Prairie, Montana
  • Love Finds You in Golden New Mexico
  • Love Finds You in Calico, California
  • Love Finds You in Paradise, Pennsylvania
  • Love Finds You in Camelot Tennessee
  • Love Finds You in Bridal Veil, Oregon
  • Love Finds You in Silver City, Idaho
  • Love Finds You in Hope, Kansas
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson...