Agents of Atlas: Dark Reign

Agents of Atlas: Dark Reign

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The heroes of the 1950s are back with big plans for the 21st Century! When Federal enforcers under the hand of Norman Osborn burst into an armory under control of the Atlas Foundation, Jimmy Woo's Agents go head-to-head with the new powers that be. How it all goes down will make the playing field of the modern Marvel Universe more volatile than ever! This edition comes pac...more
Published January 6th 2010 by Marvel (first published August 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Agents of Atlas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agents of Atlas

Jean-Pierre Vidrine
Ah, the thrill of a Marvel super hero team of misfits! But this one is different: they get along. Following right on the heals of the initial mini-series, the team of oddball 1950's characters re-imagined does just what they planned to do at the end of the first story: they continue operating the empire of Khan! Of course, there is the over-arcing Dark Reign story, leading to encounters with Norman Osborn and some of Marvel's greatest heroes. Those encounters definitely don't go as anyone would...more
Phillip Goodman
not the best of the series, probably the worst, seems very much like an incomplete story, one that based on the concept could have been a hell of a lot more interesting, ironically the best thing in it seems to be the kiddies avengers adventures (or whatever) kang the conqueror story, which i could see being developed into a full length (not for kidies) story.
Travis
An Asian super spy, a talking gorilla, a kid raised by aliens, a killer robot, the goddess of love and a princess from Atlantis have been put in charge of the conspiracy that's been running the world and while trying to turn it into something that will help mankind are believed to be criminals by the rest of the world's super heroes and villains.
This all works because Parker takes some great goofy characters and writes them completely straight and at the same time uses them to point out how weak...more
Khairul H.
Is it me? Am I cursed? Most of the books that I like end up cancelled. Agents of Atlas is the latest. This series lasted only 11 issues and this collection includes the first five issues plus a couple of one-shots. For the uninitiated, Agents of Atlas count amongst its members a talking gorilla. A talking gorilla, people! What else do you need?

Not as great as its mini series published a couple years back but it's still a fun read.

Ernest
This was an interesting volume of a group filled with odd characters. While this volume for me only sporadically provided wow moments, there was just enough here to keep me reading to the end. I do wonder, though, if I would have persisted if it wasn’t a Marvel 616 universe work. Particular mention must be made of the various art styles, all working in their own way.
Jason
Fantastic. This is one of those books that I wanted to read when it was in monthly publication but never got around to it. What a gem. I think it got lost in the mess that was Dark Reign in the Marvel U. It is a nice mix of traditional super hero and spy stories with a well balanced telling of the back story.
Brent
it's the first time I've heard of this group as I'm relatively new to graphic novels. I rather liked it. the characters were likable with their slightly dark humor. I also liked the retro flashbacks, since it gave me some nice backstory. It's seems just as well written and illustrated as other marvel comics.
Mike
Not quite as solid as the original mini-series, this collection of recent appearances of the Agents of Atlas is still full of ass-kicking high adventure comic stories.

As long as the Agents are roaming the Marvel Universe, portrayed as the top dogs they really are, I'll forgive Marvel quite a bit.
Alan
Marvel's favorite heroes acting like villains in order to save the world remains a fun, if not jaunty read. I think the reason I did not give this four stars is because I know the series is coming to an end, and it feels like much will be left unresolved.
Angela
Good start to an intriguing series. Good guys posing as bad guys to get the bad guys. The characters are retro and that can be fun. I like the robot.
Duane Ballenger
Love this old school band of weirdo-heroes! Can't seem to get a series like this to stick around. Agents of Atlas, and the Twelve, I shall miss you!
Matt
Still great, fun stuff. I love this series. Parker does a great job of interweaving various elements into s grand narrative. Excellent stuff.
Nazary
The stories were pretty fun but they assumed a level of familiarity with the characters that I just didn't have
Ben
Not as good as the first volume as Parker had to write into the cross-over--not much character development happening.
Yael Mccue
Move aside Avengers and get out of the way X-Men, here is the perfect super team in all its glory.
Marcus
Marcus is currently reading it
Jul 07, 2014
Subrat Pradhan
Subrat Pradhan marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Marka
Marka added it
Jul 20, 2014
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Paulius
Paulius marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
More about Jeff Parker...
Agents of Atlas X-Men: First Class, Volume 1: Tomorrow's Brightest Willow: Wonderland Batman '66, Vol. 1 Marvel 1602: Spider-Man