Start by marking “Thaw (PsyCop, #1.1)” as Want to Read:
Preview
Read Book

Thaw (PsyCop #1.1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,364 ratings  ·  148 reviews
Victor Bayne is a PsyCop, a psychic medium who sees dead people as plainly as if they were alive. People assume that Vic's psychic abilities are his only talent, but in Thaw, he shows his boyfriend Jacob that he's got other secret skills up his sleeve.
Published February 3rd 2008 by JCP Books (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Thaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thaw

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsSticks & Stones by Madeleine UrbanFish & Chips by Abigail RouxArmed & Dangerous by Abigail Roux
Gay and Sexy Characters 40+
64th out of 269 books — 293 voters
Luck in the Shadows by Lynn FlewellingKushiel's Dart by Jacqueline CareyMagic's Pawn by Mercedes LackeyAsh by Malinda LoThe Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
LGBT sci-fi and fantasy
61st out of 612 books — 600 voters

More lists with this book...

Shurrn
A sweetly romantic interlude...
His lips tasted like winter. His face was cold, even his mouth, but his tongue was hot as he pressed it against mine.
Vic and Jacob take some time to enjoy the Christmas season with a trip to Chicago's ice rink...

No murders...
Only a few ghosts...
And a whole lot of warm fuzzies.

This was a little tiny story - just a little glimpse into the unfolding romance between Jacob and Vic.

READ ALL MY REVIEWS IN THIS SERIES:
I'll update the list as additional books are publi
Ingela
Written January 5, 2014

4 Stars - Amazing cute 'V&J' teaser in a few pages

Book #1.1

A winter shortie in the interesting crime-paranormal M/M series PsyCop. (Reviews: (view spoiler) )

***********************************************************

The PsyCop Victor Bayne, at workdays a psychic medium, shows here his (new) boyfriend Jacob Marks that he's got other secret skills up his sleeve. A winter... ice
Nancy
This sweet, humorous, short story shows a brief glimpse into the lives of Vic and Jacob, the main characters in the Psy Cop series, when they are not busy fighting crime.

Download e-book or audio for free here.

Audio version narrated by Gomez Pugh.

Susan

Gah! I loved this short! It was so freaking sweet!

Our boys go ice-skating!!!! How cute is that?

"The whole night with him felt like something stolen out of a much simpler, much happier life. Only it was actually mine."

Awwwww...*sigh*...

Gigi
Absolutely adorable ice skating short with Vic and Jacob.
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
*happy sigh*

Ice skating. I do love it so. And now I can picture Vic and Jacob loving it, too.

Vic is so great at letting us see so much of Jacob. I love that, too.

Oh and uh, don't mind telephone pole guy.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
A too quick, but sweet glimpse at these two. It warmed the heart and made me smile.
Sheri
A flash of a scene with Vic and Jacob, but an incredible flash.
*melts*
Ice skating? How frickin' romantic is that?
LOVED IT!
Tina

That's a sweet short story about Vic and Jacob and some ice skating. It's sweet to see them do something so mundane together. :)

“Do you know how happy you make me?” he said.
Good thing it was too dark in that alcove to get a good look at his eyes. That would’ve been way too much. I swallowed hard, the metallic taste at the back of my throat from skating hard mixing with the cool flavor of Jacob’s kiss.
“Same here,” I said.

So sweet.

*deep sigh*
Kathryn
This is a very sweet and short story featuring Vic and Jacob on a date. I liked reading it as it took place between books 1 and 2 and going back to that time of the stories, before certain things happened, was interesting and fun. I need to track down the rest of the PsyCop short stories, especially since I will eventually run out of the books.
Shelley
The boys go ice skating.

They share a few sweet looks.

Vic shows off.

The End.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
That one was REALLY short but a very nice little treat.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This is a very short little introduction to the main characters in the PsyCop series. There isn't much of a plot, it's more of a character study, but it's adorable and sweet and a delightful read. There is also a tiny little bit where one of them slips on the ice and the other makes a dry joke that is a perfect glimpse of what the longer stories are like. I highly recommend this short and the whole series.

This story is free on Smashwords.
Sara
That was too short and too freaking cute. I love Vic and Jacob! Ahh! Ice skating? Really? And poor Vic always getting shoved up against something. First the towel rack and now a door knob. But, how could he complain at all when Jacob is the one doing it? Le Sigh.
Tara♥
Awwww this was just all kinds of sweet. A very, very short story but it is a lovely look at how sweet Vic and Jacob are together.
Bev
May 23, 2013 Bev rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All Psycop fans

A little freebie from JCP's website involving Victor, Jacob and some ice-skating. Oh, and there may have been some hot making out as well I think. 4 stars and onto book 2!!
Momof3-in an Ash and Cael sandwich
cute...i wonder how I would have felt about the relationship development if I had read these little shorts in between instead of skipping to the next full length novel
L-D
This was just a cute short. It really had no plot or purpose - just depicted one scene in the life of Vic and Jacob. But it was cute and I enjoyed reading it.
Jenni
AWW, Jacob and Vic go on an ice skating date.
And Jacob goes all Jacob on Vic in a dark, recessed doorway on the walk home.
HUBBA HUBBA, people.
⊱ Irena ⊰
Jacob and Vic's date. I am melting how wonderful this is.
Pia
This was very short but oh so sweet.

A must read for anyone reading the series, although chronologically it's a bit further along than between book 1 and 2 I noticed. So if you're strict about not wanting to be spoiled, you mind want to wait until you're further along in the series before you read this. But do read it because it's absolutely delicious.

Loved it!!
Valérie
Jacob romantique et Victor heureux...9 petites pages pleines d'humour avec un duo détonant
Tara
8/21/13- I'm re-reading this series because let's face it, my memory isn't what it used to be and the new book is coming out and I'm excited. And when I read the last book I was having trouble remembering details. So that said, I agree with what I previously said, and will only add that as far as when to read it, as long as it's after book 1 you're fine.

5/22/10 Even though it was party of the series, it really didn't have anything to do with the paranormal elements of the series, so I'm calling
Riayl
Very sweet little glimpse at Vic and Jacob during time off. My favorite thing about it was the way Jacob watched Vic the whole time, like he was the only person/thing he could see.
Ami
It is such a sweet story about Victor and Jacob; when they're not busy handling cases from their PsyCop duties. I really REALLY love this one because it feels so homely and cute, the way both of them simply skate together *sigh*
Phaney
2012 Review:

Love that glimpse of what "normal" might be like for those two.

The only thing that drives me slightly nuts is that I can't manage to fit it into the continuity time-wise! XD
Trix
That was such a short and cute story.

Vic was adorable, being shy and awkward around Jacob. It's nice to know they are still together and so very much into each other.
  • The Hell You Say (Adrien English Mystery, #3)
  • And to All a Good Night (Life Lessons, #1.5)
  • Liar (Zero at the Bone, #1.3)
  • Infected: Life After Death (Infected, #3)
  • Closer (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #4)
  • Irregulars
  • One of Those Days
  • Interlude with Tattoos (A Charm of Magpies, #1.5)
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

PsyCop (7 books)
  • Among the Living (PsyCop, #1)
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2)
  • Body and Soul (PsyCop, #3)
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
Among the Living (PsyCop, #1) Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2) Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5) Secrets (PsyCop, #4) GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)