Start by marking “Mind Reader (PsyCop #2.3)” as Want to Read:
Mind Reader (PsyCop #2.3)

Mind Reader (PsyCop #2.3)

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  936 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
Fascinating things can be learned on a field trip. Crash has something to prove to one of his internet colleagues. Luckily he knows a level-five medium who can debunk the theory that mummification ties a spirit to the material plane.Vic is perfectly willing to go to the museum with his lover's ex-boyfriend, but it seems like nothing he says or does will satisfy Crash.
Published March 8th 2008 by JCP Books

To ask other readers questions about Mind Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Reader

Shurrn
WTF Crash?!?!
Crash shoved my back against the display wall and planted his hands on either side of my head.
You know, I like Crash when he isn't trying to get in the middle of Vic and Jacob.

Crash is a manipulative little asshole. But hey, his little side stories have been cute little shots of sexiness until now...

His over the top sexual antics are all fun and games but when he messes with Vic I get a little murdery.

Boo on you crash! Boo!

READ ALL MY REVIEWS IN THIS SERIES:
I'll update the list
Ingela
Written January 17, 2015

2 Stars - Might as well be skipped

Book #2.3

A puff and it was over ....for the best probably.

A few pages short glimpse from a shattering museum visit. But, oh no Victor, I didn't like this.
 photo imagejpg1_zps7f1fba90.jpg

‘And now, here we were in the most awkward position I'd been in since I could remember, and it was only a matter of time before….
He kissed me.
I stood there. I don't think I kissed him back. I was too floored to move.’

I LIKE - ...hardly
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
No. No, no, no, no, no. This is not okay. I am not okay with this story. I don't like it at all. I don't even know what the point of it was and what it was trying to say about the characters. I don't like what I think it was implying. But I didn't like it, not at all. I've loved everything else Price has written but I HATED this story. It made no sense, it wasn't resolved, it wasn't true to my perception of the characters and it messed with my head. This story is seriously EFFED UP. Skip this on ...more
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Huh.

Not really sure what to say about this one.

Vic concerned about all of the things that Crash isn't concerned with.

But I also think sometimes Crash doesn't know what he wants, so he tries anything, just to see. There's a dose of insecurity in there somewhere.

Huh.
Tully Vincent
Crash (who I didn't like anyway) kisses Vic. Okay, not too surprised. But Vic lets him?! And with no protest nor a word of censure afterwards either. *sigh* What? Why?
blub
Jul 09, 2012 blub rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-paranormal
I didn't really enjoy this story too much. It features Vic and Crash and Crash makes a move on Vic...it kind of soiled my image of this great romance between Vic and Jacob I had in my head. I like this series but this short side story just didn't work for me.
Ann
Jeez, Crash and Victor together. That is a train wreck waiting to happen. I think Crash tries just because he can't NOT try and Victor definitely doesn't need more distractions. Interesting little glimpse into their dynamic.
Tina
Jan 04, 2015 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, crime, paranormal

Naughty Crash kissing Vic? Wtf? And did you hear any protests from Vic? o.O. I loved the bantering between the guys. Nice. :)
Tara
Aug 26, 2013 Tara rated it liked it
5/23-5/23-2010- In this short we find Vic at a museum helping Crash. Although it's not clear it would seem Crash really just tricked Vic into going somewhere with him to get him alone. This makes me think Crash's presence in the stories is to be the other option that confuses the hero.... the other option, since any good UF can't seem to leave the happy couple just happy. The kiss in this book seals that and makes me wonder where things will stand by the next full book? Will Crash continue to be ...more
Dante Love Fisher
May 01, 2016 Dante Love Fisher rated it it was amazing
Another freebie few pages, this time with Vic and Crash.

I see that a lot of people don't seem to like this one, but I loved it. I feel like it is a glimpse of another aspect of Crash. Yeah, there is Crash the predator, but it leaves you wondering at the motivation.

Besides, who doesn't find themselves getting a little turned on in a museum?

Series buddy read with Amy.
The Flooze
Vic and Crash visit a museum. While the previous two shorts are all about Crash's wicked smile and sexual prowess, this one seems to set the character up for future surprises. The three together make for a good balance as we get a better feel for the sexy, complicated shop owner.
Deeze
Jul 01, 2013 Deeze rated it did not like it
Shelves: quick-easy-reads

Not sure what to say about this one. On the plus side no sex, but on the minus side no reason to it either.

This feels like its an idea that never got finished.

I’m not adding this story to my reading challenge as it wasn’t really a story for me.
⊱ Irena ⊰
1.5
I should have skipped this one. The rating has nothing to do with the writing. I definitely did not enjoy this one, but that has to do more with me than with the story or the writing. Crash isn’t my favourite character. The only time I kind of liked him was in Striking Sparks.
Tara♥
May 26, 2014 Tara♥ rated it liked it
Shelves: ibooks, reviewed
Hmmmmm!!!

I love Crash, I really do.

But if he does not back up out of Vic's space I will be forced to hurt him. Victor is Jacobs man and I will not condone poaching.

The shortest of shorts. Not sure I'm happy I read it.
Lori

May 04, 2016 Amy Spector rated it it was amazing
Buddy read with Dante.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Feb 28, 2013 Cecilia Rodriguez rated it did not like it
Okay , I didn't care for this one at all. I hope Crash isn't going to cause trouble between Vic and Jacob :-(
I hate cheating , so I hope this story isn't an indication of going down that road.
Elspeth
Mar 27, 2012 Elspeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
I like this series dont get me wrong I just think I missed the point of this story...that is if there was one.
Ami
Jan 02, 2010 Ami rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
Always nice to read short story from PsyCop series. When I read this one though, I thought, "Man, naughty Crash!" :p
Trio
Jun 18, 2016 Trio rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, not-from-kindle
Really good - I love anything about Crash.
Gina
Crash is at it again....but this time it's Vic...
Pia
Mar 28, 2015 Pia rated it it was amazing
OMG!! The end blew my mind, and I have been thinking, and thinking, and still I'm not sure what to make of it.
A must read because this is something that might well come back and bite Vic in the ass at some point.
Very short but not to be missed by anyone who loves this series as much as I do.
Loved it.
Kira
Mar 13, 2016 Kira rated it it was ok
And the point of this was?
Feels like a random deleted scene from a discarded plotline. You know how the term "yaoi" is an acronym of "no plot, no ending, no meaning"? Well, it pretty accurately describes this short story too.
Trix
Feb 12, 2012 Trix rated it liked it
This little story took me by surprise.

Firstly, at the end of Criss Cross I was left with the feeling things were a bit awkward and strained between Vic and Crash. So I wasn't expecting them to be so friendly and to hang out. Secondly, I didn't sense that Crash was jealous of Vic's abilities or that he wanted his own powers to have been more strong. Other than that, I guessed Crash would try something with Vic. He is Jacob's current boyfriend and even if Vic weren't, Crash would still try to get
Desinka
Aug 27, 2014 Desinka rated it it was ok
Another Crash-centred short, this time featuring Vic. If this is going where I suspect, I'll be very unhappy!
Mel
May 25, 2010 Mel rated it liked it
This little bit was more a 'slice of life' than an actual story with a plot, but it definitely gives the series' followers something to think about: Crash. What does he want from Vic? What does he want for himself? How is it being an empath? Or maybe: how bad is being an empath?
Also: is he going to be 'the other man' in the relationship between Vic and Jacob? Are we going to have a love triangle?
It seems like Vic doesn't know how he feels yet. But Crash certainly is intriguing, so who knows...
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
All of these Crash stories is making me wonder whether he'll be a regular in the main stories and what part he'll play. I mean, the kiss -where was that going? Is he going to come between Vic and Jacob or join them? I desperately wanted more so I could figure out how this was going to affect the series. I'd also like to know more about Crash's level one empathy. We've seen it in action but I'd like something from his perspective to clarify it for me.

Find it free here: http://jcpbooks.com/ebook/m
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Nov 19, 2010 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it really liked it
This is a free read, it's short, but something sort of happens between Crash and Vic. I've always wondered what Crash feels for Vic: is he attracted to him? is he jealous of Vic and Jacob together? is he envious of Vic's psychic ability?

Crash challenges Vic but there's something deeper going on and I hope it will become clearer. Or I hope Crash will find the right guy.
Edina Rose
Apr 01, 2011 Edina Rose rated it really liked it
Why am I not surprised? Vic and Crash kissing. OK, more like Crash kissing Vic, but Vic did not protest too much... Crash had him helpless in his arms.

Crash is very likeable and I guess I find the chemistry between him and Vic hotter than the chemistry between Vic and Jacob... I know, I shouldn't, but it is hotter, isn't it?

• Sort of Stranger Than Fiction (Petit Morts, #7)
  • Love, Like Ghosts (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #7)
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • One Less Stiff at the Funeral (Petit Morts, #8)
  • Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost
  • Laying a Ghost (Laying a Ghost, #1)
  • Hell Cop 2
  • Infected: Freefall (Infected, #4)
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

PsyCop (9 books)
  • Among the Living (PsyCop #1)
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop #2)
  • Body and Soul (PsyCop, #3)
  • Wood (PsyCop #3.2)
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop #5)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop #6)
  • Memento (PsyCop #6.2)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop #7)