Start by marking “Mind Reader (PsyCop, #2.3)” as Want to Read:
Mind Reader (PsyCop, #2.3)

Mind Reader (PsyCop #2.3)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  790 ratings  ·  72 reviews
Fascinating things can be learned on a field trip. Crash has something to prove to one of his internet colleagues. Luckily he knows a level-five medium who can debunk the theory that mummification ties a spirit to the material plane.Vic is perfectly willing to go to the museum with his lover's ex-boyfriend, but it seems like nothing he says or does will satisfy Crash.

Free,
Published March 8th 2008 by JCP Books

To ask other readers questions about Mind Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Reader

Turning 16 by Perie WolfordPromises by Marie SextonFrog by Mary CalmesButterfly Hunter by Julie BozzaTigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy
First Time M/M Readers List
288th out of 416 books — 95 voters
Cut & Run by Madeleine UrbanFatal Shadows by Josh LanyonPromises by Marie SextonAmong the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceA Matter of Time by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Novel Series
280th out of 547 books — 352 voters

More lists with this book...

Shurrn
WTF Crash?!?!
Crash shoved my back against the display wall and planted his hands on either side of my head.
You know, I like Crash when he isn't trying to get in the middle of Vic and Jacob.

Crash is a manipulative little asshole. But hey, his little side stories have been cute little shots of sexiness until now...

His over the top sexual antics are all fun and games but when he messes with Vic I get a little murdery.

Boo on you crash! Boo!

READ ALL MY REVIEWS IN THIS SERIES:
I'll update the list
Ingela
Written January 17, 2015

2 Stars - Might as well be skipped

Book #2.3

A puff and it was over ....for the best probably.

A few pages short glimpse from a shattering museum visit. But, oh no Victor, I didn't like this.
 photo imagejpg1_zps7f1fba90.jpg

‘And now, here we were in the most awkward position I'd been in since I could remember, and it was only a matter of time before….
He kissed me.
I stood there. I don't think I kissed him back. I was too floored to move.’

I LIKE - ...hardly
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
No. No, no, no, no, no. This is not okay. I am not okay with this story. I don't like it at all. I don't even know what the point of it was and what it was trying to say about the characters. I don't like what I think it was implying. But I didn't like it, not at all. I've loved everything else Price has written but I HATED this story. It made no sense, it wasn't resolved, it wasn't true to my perception of the characters and it messed with my head. This story is seriously EFFED UP. Skip this on ...more
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Huh.

Not really sure what to say about this one.

Vic concerned about all of the things that Crash isn't concerned with.

But I also think sometimes Crash doesn't know what he wants, so he tries anything, just to see. There's a dose of insecurity in there somewhere.

Huh.
Tully  Vincent
Crash (who I didn't like anyway) kisses Vic. Okay, not too surprised. But Vic lets him?! And with no protest nor a word of censure afterwards either. *sigh* What? Why?
blub
I didn't really enjoy this story too much. It features Vic and Crash and Crash makes a move on Vic...it kind of soiled my image of this great romance between Vic and Jacob I had in my head. I like this series but this short side story just didn't work for me.
Tina

Naughty Crash kissing Vic? Wtf? And did you hear any protests from Vic? o.O. I loved the bantering between the guys. Nice. :)
Tara
5/23-5/23-2010- In this short we find Vic at a museum helping Crash. Although it's not clear it would seem Crash really just tricked Vic into going somewhere with him to get him alone. This makes me think Crash's presence in the stories is to be the other option that confuses the hero.... the other option, since any good UF can't seem to leave the happy couple just happy. The kiss in this book seals that and makes me wonder where things will stand by the next full book? Will Crash continue to be ...more
The Flooze
Vic and Crash visit a museum. While the previous two shorts are all about Crash's wicked smile and sexual prowess, this one seems to set the character up for future surprises. The three together make for a good balance as we get a better feel for the sexy, complicated shop owner.
Deeze

Not sure what to say about this one. On the plus side no sex, but on the minus side no reason to it either.

This feels like its an idea that never got finished.

I’m not adding this story to my reading challenge as it wasn’t really a story for me.
Ann
Jeez, Crash and Victor together. That is a train wreck waiting to happen. I think Crash tries just because he can't NOT try and Victor definitely doesn't need more distractions. Interesting little glimpse into their dynamic.
⊱ Irena ⊰
1.5
I should have skipped this one. The rating has nothing to do with the writing. I definitely did not enjoy this one, but that has to do more with me than with the story or the writing. Crash isn’t my favourite character. The only time I kind of liked him was in Striking Sparks.
Tara ♥'s Hooch & Kendras
Hmmmmm!!!

I love Crash, I really do.

But if he does not back up out of Vic's space I will be forced to hurt him. Victor is Jacobs man and I will not condone poaching.

The shortest of shorts. Not sure I'm happy I read it.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Okay , I didn't care for this one at all. I hope Crash isn't going to cause trouble between Vic and Jacob :-(
I hate cheating , so I hope this story isn't an indication of going down that road.
Elspeth
Mar 27, 2012 Elspeth rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
I like this series dont get me wrong I just think I missed the point of this story...that is if there was one.
Ami
Always nice to read short story from PsyCop series. When I read this one though, I thought, "Man, naughty Crash!" :p
Gina
Crash is at it again....but this time it's Vic...
Pia
OMG!! The end blew my mind, and I have been thinking, and thinking, and still I'm not sure what to make of it.
A must read because this is something that might well come back and bite Vic in the ass at some point.
Very short but not to be missed by anyone who loves this series as much as I do.
Loved it.
Trix
This little story took me by surprise.

Firstly, at the end of Criss Cross I was left with the feeling things were a bit awkward and strained between Vic and Crash. So I wasn't expecting them to be so friendly and to hang out. Secondly, I didn't sense that Crash was jealous of Vic's abilities or that he wanted his own powers to have been more strong. Other than that, I guessed Crash would try something with Vic. He is Jacob's current boyfriend and even if Vic weren't, Crash would still try to get
Desinka
Another Crash-centred short, this time featuring Vic. If this is going where I suspect, I'll be very unhappy!
Mel
This little bit was more a 'slice of life' than an actual story with a plot, but it definitely gives the series' followers something to think about: Crash. What does he want from Vic? What does he want for himself? How is it being an empath? Or maybe: how bad is being an empath?
Also: is he going to be 'the other man' in the relationship between Vic and Jacob? Are we going to have a love triangle?
It seems like Vic doesn't know how he feels yet. But Crash certainly is intriguing, so who knows...
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
All of these Crash stories is making me wonder whether he'll be a regular in the main stories and what part he'll play. I mean, the kiss -where was that going? Is he going to come between Vic and Jacob or join them? I desperately wanted more so I could figure out how this was going to affect the series. I'd also like to know more about Crash's level one empathy. We've seen it in action but I'd like something from his perspective to clarify it for me.

Find it free here: http://jcpbooks.com/ebook/m
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
This is a free read, it's short, but something sort of happens between Crash and Vic. I've always wondered what Crash feels for Vic: is he attracted to him? is he jealous of Vic and Jacob together? is he envious of Vic's psychic ability?

Crash challenges Vic but there's something deeper going on and I hope it will become clearer. Or I hope Crash will find the right guy.
Edina Rose
Why am I not surprised? Vic and Crash kissing. OK, more like Crash kissing Vic, but Vic did not protest too much... Crash had him helpless in his arms.

Crash is very likeable and I guess I find the chemistry between him and Vic hotter than the chemistry between Vic and Jacob... I know, I shouldn't, but it is hotter, isn't it?

Kati
I love Victor. I love how he deals or doesn't deal with his ability to see ghosts. And this was pretty neat, him and the mummies. If it weren't for Crash, I would have given it 4 stars. Also, I would've preferred to see Victor visit the museum with Jacob, to see Jacob geek out about the mummies. Oh well...
Lala
I wish I didn't read it. Crash is a manwhore - I gathered so much from reading the other novellas..so it wasn't unexpected when he made a move on Vic. But Vic didn't protest at all, and never even thought what Jacob's reaction would be. Total dislike!!!
Meggie
Once again this is a shorty about Crash making a move, on Vic this time, with a kiss. But at least Vic didn't return it. I'm glad! So what was that kiss all about? - it was just a players move.
Jenni
Ahhh, the infamous (view spoiler).
Good stuff, but I could have gone for more, actually.
Dreamer
A very short PsyCop story involving Victor & Crash in a museum.
  • Sort of Stranger than Fiction (Petit Morts #7)
  • Snow Plowed (Bay City Paranormal  Investigations, #7.5)
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • One Less Stiff at the Funeral (Petit Morts #8)
  • Hell Cop
  • Deliberately Unbound (Bound, #2.5)
  • Pyrogasm
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

PsyCop (7 books)
  • Among the Living (PsyCop, #1)
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2)
  • Body and Soul (PsyCop, #3)
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
Among the Living (PsyCop, #1) Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2) Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5) Secrets (PsyCop, #4) GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)