Start by marking “25 Days, 26 Ways to Make This Your Best Christmas Ever” as Want to Read:
25 Days, 26 Ways to Make This Your Best Christmas Ever

25 Days, 26 Ways to Make This Your Best Christmas Ever

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  17 reviews
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas.Finding the perfect gift. Maxing out the credit cards---again. Endless baking. Surely there is more to Christmas than this.Bestselling author Ace Collins wants to help you make this Christmas your best holiday ever! As he blends fascinating stories from history and spiritual truths about the holiday season, he gently guides you t ...more
Published September 29th 2009 by Zondervan (first published 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about 25 Days, 26 Ways to Make This Your Best Christmas Ever

Kelli
A quick read that ties in scripture with historical facts about things like the origin of the Christmas tree. It probably won't change your life but it contains some interesting snippets and the overall message is a good one.
Kelly
Some good advice, but some of it is really obvious and cliche. At one point he writes about turning the frown upside down. Ugh. But some of his suggestions I will try out this year.
Keiki Hendrix
If you are you singing the Charlie Brown blues complaining of how Christmas has morphed into a six-week season of commercialism, you will want to read book.

Whether you’re looking for some quick Christmas history, some great Christmas recipes, or some unique perspective on embracing the commercialism of Christmas by sharing the Gospel with others, 25 Days, 26 Ways to Make This Your Best Christmas Ever is a good choice for this Christmas.

It’s a short book and great for what I call my ‘Christmas Pl
Urs
I read this book mostly as it was intended to be read, starting on December 1st, and ending on December 26th. I missed a day here and there, but would then just double up the next day. Each day's reading has a story that is supposed to help lead you into the spirit of Christmas, and, by the end of each reading, there is a suggested action to take as well.

I found myself questioning some of the stories of the origins of Christmas traditions, symbols, songs, etc. This was even easier to do since t
Julie Davis
I came across this, offered free, at Amazon when crusing for Christmas holiday books. It proved to be a very good series of reflections and suggestions for how to make December more meaningful leading up to Christmas. In short, it is a Protestant-style Advent book. What makes this different is that the author focuses on linking the spiritual meditations and activities to the familiar holiday songs and things all around us. It was amazingly effective thanks to that and a nice complement to the Ca ...more
Tara Mendoza
I think sometimes in the rush of getting through the season, I have missed the small details of this holiday...the small acts of sending Christmas cards, the putting up of lights and tinsel!!! This book is great reminder that it's more than just going to church; making a strong effort of getting through the season; putting on the "SPIRIT" of Christmas.
Kyle
This is a book that is worth reading every December 1st. It features short chapters that take you through various Christmas traditions -- some of which you know, and a few you might not recognize (e.g., Christmas trees, mistletoe, silent night, boxing day, etc.). Many of the chapters also include Bible verses to support the text, which I found uplifting.

The intent of the book is to bring back the excitement, joy, and goodwill that surrounds the Christmas Holiday, and I used several of the chapte
Adele Clagett
I think I will make this book a yearly read for December. This book is basically an advent calendar for Christmas. You read a chapter for the days leading up to Christmas, starting December 1st. It helps put the holiday in perspective and helps to remind you what's important. I tried to practice the advice it gave, such as - don't get stressed out shopping, instead take your time and be friendly with those in line or at the register.

Sometimes it just takes a reminder.
Anastacia
There were a lot of good things about this book. I enjoyed the fact that the book was set up almost like an advent calendar, but I didn't enjoy the fact that there weren't really any "new" or "unique" ideas. I did like the fact that all of the ideas, both Christian & not, are all put together in one place. I think I'd get more out of the book, if I didn't work in retail & be bombarded with the worst of humanity all month long.
Heather
"It was OK" is a pretty good rating for this. It's worthwhile to read, but it's not going to revolutionize your holiday season. Has some good historical bits, like where the tradition of using mistletoe in holiday celebrations comes from.
Dee Renee  Chesnut
This book was a pleasant reading experience that can be read in small doses to enhance enjoyment of the holiday season.
Rolland
Largely made up of trite platitudes, and very repetitive. It could have been cut in half, and still would have been too long.
Wanda
Great as a devotional around Christmas. Had some great information on and ideas for Christmas.
Elaine
Author Ace Collins shares some wonderful ways to put the joy back into Christmas.
Marie
This was a good holiday book to keep you mind on what is important about Christmas.
Jackie
Nice ways to get ready for Christmas and some things that I never knew.
Vanessa
What a WONDERFUL book!
Gonna get it for my dad!
Kandice
Kandice marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Shawna Reid
Shawna Reid marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Tina Denson
Tina Denson marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Carla Dean Meredith
Carla Dean Meredith marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
LaRue Beckley
LaRue Beckley marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Qianna
Qianna marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Judge Who Stole Christmas
  • The Christmas Lamp
  • The Case for Christmas: A Journalist Investigates the Identity of the Child in the Manger
  • Stupid Christmas
  • An Irish Christmas
  • The One Year Devotions for Couples
  • Your Secret Name: Discovering Who God Created You to Be
  • That Is So Me: 365 Days of Devotions: Flip-Flops, Faith, and Friends
  • A Horse to Love (Keystone Stables #1)
  • Spiritual Rhythm: Being with Jesus Every Season of Your Soul
  • Invitation to the Jesus Life: Experiments in Christlikeness
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • The Red Suit Diaries: A Real-Life Santa on Hopes, Dreams, and Childlike Faith
  • The Questions Christians Hope No One Will Ask: (With Answers)
  • Coffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk
  • Craving God A 21-day Devotional Challenge to Accompany Made To Crave
  • The Journey: Walking the Road to Bethlehem
  • Blood Ransom
Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas Farraday Road (Lije Evans Mysteries #1) Stories Behind the Great Traditions of Christmas Darkness Before Dawn The Color of Justice