Start by marking “White Mountain Brides: Love Paves the Way for the New Republic” as Want to Read:
White Mountain Brides: Love Paves the Way for the New Republic

White Mountain Brides: Love Paves the Way for the New Republic (Romancing America)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Imagine being captured by hostile enemies, taken deep into the wilderness, and enslaved for five years. Then imagine being ransomed and returned to your village only to have to struggle to find your place again. In 1694, three women return to Cochecho, New Hampshire, forever changed by their experience. Sarah longs to renew the love she had with Richard. Jane needs to find ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by Barbour Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about White Mountain Brides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Mountain Brides

Elise
The quality of writing was better than I expected. I haven't read much fiction set in this era (17th century America), so it was interesting in that regard. The first story was okay, but didn't really grab me. The second started promisingly, but the latter part of it didn't quite live up to my expectations. I skimmed over the third story.

Overall, better than I had hoped. The cover doesn't do justice to the novels within. . . That costume looks like something out of a children's dress-up box!
Margie
Loved this book!! It was set in early American history and gave good insight into the hardships suffered by people in those times. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, which is actually 3 in 1, and recommend it highly.
IrenesBookReviews
If you enjoy a quick clean Christian romance then these stories are for you.
Alyssa Passaretti
Alyssa Passaretti marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Meghan Nicole
Meghan Nicole marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Tiana
Tiana marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Grace
Grace added it
Aug 19, 2014
June Austin
June Austin marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Sadie Cluff
Sadie Cluff marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Evangeline
Evangeline marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Juliet Mccleary
Juliet Mccleary marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Koko
Koko marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Bobbie J
Bobbie J marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Danie
Danie marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Destiny Jay
Destiny Jay marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Joan
Joan added it
Aug 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: I'm a native of central Maine, and grew up on a small farm with a wonderful mom and dad, three sisters and a brother. Most of my books take place in small towns, many of them in Maine.

My husband, Jim, and I moved to his birth state, Oregon, for a while after we were married, but decided to move back to Maine and be near my family. We're so glad we did. It allowed our six ch
More about Susan Page Davis...
Love Finds You in Prince Edward Island, Canada The Sheriff's Surrender (The Ladies' Shooting Club Series, #1) The Lady's Maid (Prairie Dreams, #1) Frasier Island (Frasier Island Series #1) Lady Anne's Quest (Prairie Dreams, #2)