Start by marking “Mail-Order Bride” as Want to Read:
Mail-Order Bride

Mail-Order Bride

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  308 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
A POTENT ELIXIR

Caroline Myers had been eighteen when she'd discovered how potent her great-grandfather's recipe for "tea" was. So, when her two maiden aunts suggested a vacation to Alaska, Caroline was certain they'd overindulged in the family brew. Why go now - especially after she'd just been jilted by her erstwhile fiance?

But Caroline didn't know that her well-meaning r
Published November 1st 1987 by Silhouette Books (first published October 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Mail-Order Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mail-Order Bride

Julianne
Jan 29, 2009 Julianne rated it really liked it
Ya' gotta love Debbie Macomber! This book was written in 1987, but re-issued recently as part of Small Town Christmas, a double book which includes this story and one other.

Caroline's two elderly aunts like to indulge in their father's special "tea". One day as they were a bit tipsy from the "tea", they got to worrying about Caroline, and cooked up a scheme "to make her happy". Their idea of happiness may differ from hers, but no matter. So they tricked her into taking an autumn vacation to Ala
Jacqueline
A quick fun read. Fairly unrealistic but not too out there to impair my enjoyment. Their feelings developed very fast, especially on the part of the hero who was in love within 2 or 3 days. I liked the stuff about the native people of Alaska. It was a little glimpse into what their lives were like. This book would really have been much better with about 100 more pages.
Alexia
Jun 28, 2016 Alexia rated it it was amazing
"Mail - Order Bride" by Debbie Macomber is a wonderful, classic romance in a modern setting. I actually read the book that was the re-release copy but I'm so glad that I did. I absolutely love the books that Ms. Macomber writes. We meet two busy body Aunties who love their brokenhearted niece. They answer an ad for Caroline Mayers to be a mail order bride to Paul Trevor in Gold River, Alaska. Sending her off with some of their 'special' tea (it's got alcohol in it) Caroline is unaware of what sh ...more
Debbie Heaton
Jul 24, 2014 Debbie Heaton rated it really liked it
In Macomber’s romance novel, Caroline Myers has been dumped by her fiancé. Her well-meaning aunts plan a trip to the Alaskan wilderness supposedly to help Caroline cheer up and move on. But to Caroline’s surprise, her family targeted Alaska after reading an article stating that Paul Trevor, of Alaska, was looking for a bride. Caroline might have been upset over the scheme, but when she looks Paul in the eyes the surrounding snow melted.

With the stunning background of Alaska, Macomber has once ag
Robin
Caroline Myers is depressed after being left at the alter by her fiance. So her matchmaking aunts decide to secretly answer an ad for a mail-order bride on her behalf. A few short weeks later, her aunts decide to send her on a "vacation" to Alaska, where she will meet her "guide", Paul Trevor. Not knowing what she is getting into and drinking a thermos of her aunt's home-brewed "tea", Caroline soon finds herself very drunk and very married to Paul.

Cute story, if unbelievable premise. My rating:
Sam
Nov 23, 2014 Sam rated it it was ok
This lacks development and is not believable for a story written for our current time. Disappointing.
Kristen
Jul 12, 2016 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great light easy read!
Yekaterina
Feb 04, 2014 Yekaterina rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
After a terrible break up and some moping, Caroline is given a trip to Alaska- paid for by her aunts. Caroline goes and finds herself in the middle if a ceremony. Upon waking up the next morning, she learns she's married to Paul Trevor.
The story of Caroline and Paul is old-fashioned and cute. I enjoyed its unique plot and characters, also setting. I think it's one of my top Debbie M books.
Cassie ♥
4 1/2 Stars!
I may have read this one many years ago. I re-read it this evening in a couple of hours. It's now been re-issued. I think it was as good in 2012 as it was in the 80's. That's saying something!!
Deidre
May 29, 2013 Deidre rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this - it is a short read and one of her older books - but new to me =) it reminds me of her Midnight Sons books that I really loved.
Shea
Dec 29, 2010 Shea rated it liked it
Although the story line was predictable the characters were charming and I enjoyed the wild Alaskan setting. It was a very sweet and romantic read.
Mandy Dake
Dec 14, 2011 Mandy Dake rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Reading this book out of Small Town Christmas. It was cute and a quick 2 hour read, but it all felt too rushed.
Mary
Oct 04, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
Loved this book. A little different then most mail order brides that I've read but very good!
Dorothy
Jan 26, 2011 Dorothy rated it it was amazing
As always Macomber books are a joy to read. I read this in one day.
Alice
May 21, 2012 Alice rated it liked it
Storyline was a little weak, but fast, enjoyable read.
Tina
May 14, 2012 Tina rated it liked it
Good, solid romance story. Would recommend.
Rebeka
Mar 24, 2008 Rebeka rated it really liked it
good story
Bobbie
Aug 28, 2010 Bobbie rated it liked it
Cute story
Deedee
Deedee is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Sandra P
Sandra P rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2016
EJ
EJ rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Debbie
Debbie added it
Jul 12, 2016
Rebekah Grace
Rebekah Grace rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Sheila Brossmann
Sheila Brossmann rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
  • His Holiday Heart (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #8)
  • The Christmas Witness (The Morgan Brothers #3)
  • High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)
  • A Dry Creek Christmas (Dry Creek, #7)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6)
  • A Christmas to Remember
  • The Spirit of Christmas
  • Forever After
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • That Wild Cowboy
  • A Snowglobe Christmas: Yuletide Homecoming\A Family's Christmas Wish
  • Sacrifice of Passion
  • One True Love (Belles of Timber Creek #3)
  • A Christmas for Katie (Families of Honor #3.5)
  • Sex, Lies & Hot Tubs
  • After I Do
  • The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Christine
  • Whispers from the Heart
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 950 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...