Start by marking “Brides for Brothers (Midnight Sons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Brides for Brothers (Midnight Sons, #1)

Brides for Brothers (Midnight Sons #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1,104 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Location: north of the Arctic Circle, Population: 150 (mostly men!) But the three O’Halloran brothers, who run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons, are heading a campaign to bring women to town.

Brides for Brothers

Sawyer O’Halloran, the middle brother, isn’t entirely in favor of this scheme. But he considers himself immune to any woman – even the lovely Abbey
Published 1995 by Mills & Boon Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Brides for Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brides for Brothers

Book of Secrets
Jan 16, 2017 Book of Secrets rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

The beginning of the Midnight Sons series set in Alaska, 1995. BRIDES FOR BROTHERS is a sweet romance with a cast of good, down-to-earth people. The O'Halloran brothers who own a plane-charter business in Hard Luck, Alaska hatch a plan to attract women to their remote town. It's all very innocent and on the up & up. I did have to giggle at the men's reaction to having fresh womenfolk in their midst. Was it 1895 or 1995? The first to accept their offer is Abbey Sutherland who's hired t
Hope
Apr 07, 2017 Hope rated it it was amazing
This is my 2nd time reading this series but the first time since being a part of Goodreads. I just love this book! Why wouldn't I when it combines some of my favorite things, Alaska and a story with a happy ending! :-D
I truly enjoy the humor the author puts into her books. I think that's part of the believability of her characters. I can picture Sawyer and Abbey living down the road and being good friends.
If you're looking for a light-hearted, quick read that will make you chuckle and smile, th
Tam B.
Oct 26, 2015 Tam B. rated it did not like it
I finished this book and then realised that the author isn't one that appeals to me and discovered the book was from quite a while ago (and it shows).

Whilst I liked the general concept of lets create / fill jobs in our small town to get more people (women) in the area and keep our workers happy. This was not well executed. The was almost no disclosure. The men of the town acted like they'd never been able to speak / interact with a woman before and our heroine was passive-agressive at best.

I rea
Tiffany
Jan 13, 2011 Tiffany rated it really liked it
The first book in the Midnight Sons series and enjoyable. Sawyer goes along with the plan to help create jobs to bring women to the small town of Hard Luck Alaska. He thinks the plan is crazy but he needs to keep pilots willing to stay in Hard Lucky. When Abbey shows up in Hard Luck with her 2 children Sawyer decides he needs to make sure they leave. It doesn't take him long to change his mind.
Dee
Oct 04, 2014 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two-haiku review:

No women in town
Librarian answers ad
Goes north with her kids

Loved Alaska town
Almost historical feel
Old fashioned and sweet
Chris
This Book was written in 1995, way before cell phones, skype, etc..

THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY

S.J.
Jun 16, 2017 S.J. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even thou i finished this book fairly quickly and couldn't put it down - i did find the story a little predictable, not sure if i want to read any more in the series because you sort of know what is going to happen, and the journey isn't that twisted or challenging to make it worth reading another book on the same story.
Julie Robinson
Mar 15, 2017 Julie Robinson rated it liked it
A nice light read with a good story line.
Jacque
Bought the book on impulse, because of my stories set in Alaska and wilderness areas in general and her Cedar Cove series, which I think I rated a bit higher. I also read the 2nd book, because it was published in the same paperback as this, the first in her Alaska series.

What made it 2 stars -- instead of one -- is no blatant sex or violence for anyone wanting to avoid that.

Why I won't be continuing the series unless the 2nd book is fabulous:

The setting was not at all fleshed out as much as I wo
Terri Norris
Oct 16, 2016 Terri Norris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adventure!

Debbie can really bring out your heart for live and adventure! Can't wait to read the next book in the series!!
Kathleen
Mar 09, 2017 Kathleen rated it liked it
You know what's going to happen from page one. And you know everyone will be happy. Just what I needed in these times. People are nice, things are simple. Good escapism.
Cruth
Author: Debbie Macomber
First published: 1995
Length: 10 chapters, 2386 locations (kindle)
Setting: Contemporary, 1995. Hard Luck, Alaska.
Sex: Door half-closed. Infrequent.
Hero: Pilot.
Heroine: Single mother, librarian.

A rather slow story with a confusing mixture of female empowerment and casual sexism and a very basic romance.

It hasn’t aged particularly well, being in that cusp of romance book era between independent heroines (today) and needy heroines (80s). But it’s still readable.

2.5 stars round
Julie Barrett
Jun 11, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
Midnight Sun Vol 1 by Debbie Macomber
Hard Luck Alaska, the town is cold but our hearts are warm.
This book includes two novellas: 3 O'Halloran brothers are running a scheme to get unmarried women to their town.
Sawyer, Charles and Christopher are the 3 brothers...
Brides for Brothers
Abby Sutherland is arriving in town but she neglects to tell them she's bringing her children with her.
She's lost her librarian job in WA and the boys agree to move with her.
Men are getting the cabins ready for the wom
Gloria
Feb 10, 2017 Gloria rated it liked it
Ok for a straight romance. Not very thrilling since you knew the outcome from the first chapter.
Readsandeats
Sep 26, 2015 Readsandeats rated it really liked it
I listened to this as an audio book and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The characters were brought even more to life by the narrator, who did well with
changing his voice to suit certain characters. The premise of the story is that the
men in a small town in Alaska are leaving as there are no women so two brothers decide
to place an advert in Seattle papers asking women to apply for jobs in the town in
exchange for accommodation and land.
Abby answers the add, gets one of the available jobs and moves with h
Jeanne
Nov 29, 2014 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A cute little romance story that takes place in Hard Luck, Alaska. This is one of a series of stories about this little town above the Arctic circle. The O'Halloran brothers decide their town needs some women as most of the population is male. So, they figure out a scheme to offer lodging and 20 acres to women to relocate and stay for 1 year in Hard Luck. Of course, it backfires a little, but all works out in the end. I like these happy little stories.
Sharon
Apr 22, 2016 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story was interesting and had me laughing in some cases.

This was a great story and Debbie Macomber did a terrific job writing as usual. It was heart warming. It covered some interesting things about Alaska. I look forward to reading more of the books by this author. I love her books.
Claire
Oct 25, 2015 Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book. Love stories about brothers probably because I have three sons of my own.

Love stories where the characters aren't interested in love or a relationship but it happens anyway. Great story and lovely characters. Makes me want to move to Alaska.
Jennifer Harris
Jun 03, 2015 Jennifer Harris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story

This is a sweet story. Not s lot of passion, but I loved the beautiful story. Sawyer was a great man but confused and Abbey was unsure, but in the end it gets all figured out. The kids were wonderful and rounded out the story very well.
Rachel
Aug 01, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it
Cute story, however some of the scenes often left me wondering, "wait a minute, did I miss something?" Just felt the relationship between Abby and Sawyer was confusing and a bit rushed. I'll finish reading the series, but it wasn't the best.
Kelly Bailey
Sep 09, 2016 Kelly Bailey rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
started at 10pm finished at 2am
Books was done in true Debbie Macomber fashion. I fell in love with Abbey's kids immediately and honestly had a little crush on Sawyer. Bless his heart, Sawyer had no clue that a woman with two kids could steal his heart.
Easy read - just what I was looking for.
Robin Malek
Apr 12, 2016 Robin Malek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome shucks

I do so love an HEA. Debbie Macomber is always a good source for that, and not a bear in site either. Sawyer has a way with words that just keeps getting in the way of good intentions, but Abbey falls in love anyway. Sweet!
Justme
Jul 19, 2014 Justme rated it really liked it
A two in one book... not bad just had a hard time keeping reading as there has been so much to do lately. Hard Luck, Alaska, a place aboe the artic is trying to get more women in their town. Mostly it is men working the Pipeline.
Shawn
Sep 20, 2015 Shawn rated it it was amazing
Wow read this book in half a day. Quick,easy read and so good. Now I want read rest of this series!
Janet
Sep 07, 2014 Janet rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
An enjoyable read - with good characters. I had read a later book in this series, so it was nice to fill in a few missing details.
Carrie Naisbitt conley
Good read

another good read from Debbie macomber. would have liked to get to know more history on town and people but was good.
Carol Y. Greer
Oct 18, 2016 Carol Y. Greer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alaska adventure

Well written and moved in a believable manner. I love books about Alaska and the diverse lifestyles and this didn't disappoint. Look forward to the next.
Felicia
Aug 28, 2016 Felicia rated it liked it
Sweet, predictable, but I still found it enjoyable.
Heidi
Jan 02, 2014 Heidi rated it it was amazing
I loved this first book of the series. Although I doubt I could ever live in Alaska.
Faye
Aug 18, 2016 Faye rated it really liked it
This was a very entertaining novel. There are many humorous situations. Two brothers device a scheme to lure women to a town of 150 people in Alaska. The results are surprising.
  • I Still Do (Vegas Weddings, #1)
  • Marriage Terms (Dynasties: The Elliotts #8)
  • Stories for Christmas: Free heart-warming festive tasters from three bestselling authors
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Storm Warning (Security Specialists International #4)
  • The Return of Patrick O'Rourke (Jamesville, #3)
  • Starter Wife
  • The Turnaround Treasure Shop (Swallows Fall, #4)
  • Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)
  • The Most Expensive Lie of All
  • Everyday Hero: The Volunteers - A Darling Bay Short Story (The Firefighters of Darling Bay, #2.5)
  • Shadow Song
  • Once Was Lost
  • Romancing Olive (Prairie Romance, #1)
  • Trouble Won't Wait (Love-n-Trouble)
  • Somebody's Wife (The Jackson Brothers, #3)
  • Crossing the Line (Kismet, #1)
  • Hit and Run (Moreno & Hart Mysteries, #2)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Midnight Sons (6 books)
  • The Marriage Risk (Midnight Sons, #2)
  • Daddy's Little Helper (Midnight Sons, #3)
  • Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons, #4)
  • Falling for Him (Midnight Sons, #5)
  • Ending in Marriage (Midnight Sons Series, #6)