Start by marking “Navy Woman (Navy #4)” as Want to Read:
Navy Woman (Navy #4)

Navy Woman (Navy #4)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  743 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Despite the strictly taboo laws of naval fraternizing, navy attorney Catherine Fredrickson and her new boss, Royce Nyland, find themselves strongly attracted. For how long will they be able to resist each other...?
Published July 1st 2004 by Silhouette Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Navy Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Navy Woman

The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie MacomberA Good Yarn by Debbie MacomberCall Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie MacomberMorning Comes Softly by Debbie Macomber
RRRC - FAC: Debbie Macomber (April 2011)
99th out of 109 books — 71 voters
The Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberThe Home Court Advantage by N.M. SilberSomething About You by Julie JamesJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie JamesPractice Makes Perfect by Julie James
Lawyers In Love
51st out of 76 books — 184 voters

More lists with this book...

Debbie Heaton
In Macomber’s romance novel, Lieutenant Commander Catherine Fredrickson finds herself transferred to a navy base in Washington only to find her new boss, Royce Nyland, is distant, demanding and more attractive than any man has the right to be. Regardless of her attempts, Royce keeps her at arm’s distance while he concentrates on his energetic young daughter. But truth be known, his attraction to Catherine is as strong as hers to him. While the Navy discourages fraternizing, the couple just can’t ...more
Emily Higgins
Navy Lt. Commander Catherine Frederickson is transferred from Hawaii to Wasington state. She feels that her new boss, Commander Royce Nyland, disliked her because he kept giving her the worst duty. Soon, though, it became apparent that he was attracted to her and the feeling was mutual. Catherine and Royce had to work hard to disguise their feelings because of the Navy's rules about fraternization. The story made me uneasy because the heroine was so willing to toss aside her career.
This was a beautifully written book. You felt the emotions, uncertainty and love between Cat and Royce. It was also refreshing to read a book where sex was not uppermost although that too was tastefully handled. Insight to navy life (not for me, thank you) but appreciated. Felt the daughter's Kelly behavior was age-appropriate which is not always my opinion with romances, and films, with kids. A good read.
Karen S Belinne
Romance with a capital R

Macomber's stories are always sweet and romantic, so if that is what you are looking for read this story. However, maybe I've read too many of them. I found this one so predictable that I barely read the words. The only really interesting parts occurred on the running track and the dialogue with a ten year old girl. Not a bad book, just didn't hold my interest.
I usually really like Debbie Macomber's books. And this one may be great for others, but for some reason I just couldn't connect with the characters. And no offense to the love scenes, I know they are important, but to me they just seemed to drag on and on with no real feelings involved. So, not my favorite.
Catherine was a attorney at a Naval base in Washington. She had recently transferred there and found herself strangely attracted to her superior officer Royce Nyland. The Navy doesn't condone fraternizing between lower ranking officers and their superiors. Herein lies the problem. A good little read!
Extremely predictable - love Debbie Macomber but even the writing seem sophomoric like a Harlequin romance.
Rachel Childs
predictable Macomber
The best of the three. More to my taste.
Catherine and Royce find themselves attracted to each other, but as they both work at the same navy office it is forbidden. If they are found out they will both be court martialed and lose their jobs. They try to be discreet but are soon found out and decisions have to made.
Loved this installment in the Navy series. It was well written, and well, you will just have to read the rest. I have enjoyed all the previous novels in this series, and ready to read the last two.
Marie Buccellato
I liked the main character Catherine & thats about it!! Very predictable. It was a romance that was cheesy lol I honestly liked the Navy series by Debbie Macomber but this one was ok
Gold Star Daughter joins Navy as a lawyer. Falls in love with her Commanding Officer, complications arise due to Navy rules. Ups and downs of a forbidden love. All ends well.
Kim Hampton
A great book with a very realistic plot twist. What happens when two people in the Navy fall in love? If one is the boss of the other, it spells big trouble!
Sheri Manley
This was a pretty good book. It was a quick afternoon read. A little too much of the bedroom details but besides that it was interesting.
This was definitely was not one of Macomber's best work. It was very corny and predictable. The ending was the best part of the book.
It's was a sweet story. I also think the Debbie Macomber understands base living and you can see it in her writing. (navy series)
This was the best book of the series. Sometimes when you fall in love nothing can stop it.
great story. Lots of struggles being in the Navy, but things can work out.
Quick read, I've read some of this series, not all
Cindy Kester
I've never met a Macomber book I didn't love.
Another Deb !!
#4 in Navy Series
Sep 12, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: adult-fiction
F Mac
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Karen Stephens
Karen Stephens marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Karen Earle
Karen Earle marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Michele marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Risking It All
  • Flyboy
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Basic Training (Harlequin Blaze, #238)
  • Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • Strategic Engagement (Wingmen Warriors, #5) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1257)
  • The SEAL's Surprise Baby (Silhouette Desire, #1467)
  • Willowleaf Lane (Hope's Crossing, #5)
  • Behind The Red Doors (Santori Stories #1)
  • The Apartment (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • The Maverick

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Navy (6 books)
  • Navy Wife (Navy #1)
  • Navy Blues (Navy #2)
  • Navy Brat (Navy #3)
  • Navy Baby (Navy #5)
  • Navy Husband (Navy #6) (Silhouette Special Edition #1693)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)