Start by marking “Heart of Texas Vol. 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #3-4)” as Want to Read:
Heart of Texas Vol. 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #3-4)

Heart of Texas Vol. 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #3-4)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,616 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Caronline's Child Who's the father of Caroline Daniels's child? Everyone in town wants to know, but no one's ever asked-or ever will. The people of Promise are protective of Caroline and five-year-old Maggie. They care. Especially rancher Grady Weston, who's beginning to realize he "more" than cares...

Dr. Texas.

They call her Dr. Texas. She's Jane Dickinson, a newly graduat
Published September 1st 2007 by Mira (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Texas Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Texas Vol. 2

The Help by Kathryn StockettThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsGone Girl by Gillian FlynnThe Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk KiddWater for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Best Beach Reads 2013
269th out of 2,344 books — 4,289 voters
The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie MacomberA Good Yarn by Debbie MacomberCall Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie MacomberThursdays at Eight by Debbie Macomber
RRRC - FAC: Debbie Macomber (April 2011)
56th out of 109 books — 72 voters

More lists with this book...

Kayrene Smither
Mar 02, 2016 Kayrene Smither rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Loved this Macomber book about Texas. Actually "listened" to it on CD; very good. Love the characters and their stories of Promise!
Marianne
Oct 23, 2012 Marianne rated it really liked it
Caroline’s Child is the third of the Heart of Texas series by Debbie Macomber. Promise’s postmistress, Caroline Daniels is the unmarried mother of five-year-old Maggie. While she’s known him for years, lately her verbal exchanges with Grady Weston, older brother of her good friend Savannah, have become remarkable in their rancour. Surprising, really, because she likes and respects the man, although his occasional shouting does upset Maggie. Eventually, Grady plucks up the courage to ask Caroline ...more
Michelle
Mar 17, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a Debbie Macomber romance (actually it is two). Need I say more? There is a thread of mystery running through this series as well as the romance.
Melanie
Jun 12, 2016 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this continuation of the Heart of Texas series as much as the first one. Well done!
Vikki
Apr 21, 2015 Vikki rated it liked it
Second story was much better than the first. Both were pretty predictable.
Adetia
Jan 05, 2013 Adetia rated it really liked it
I'm particularly enjoying this series from Debbie Macomber. This set is based in the town of Promise, TX, and I really enjoy the smooth transition from volume to volume, as we get to revisit and build upon the story we have already come to love. This entry features the stories of Grady and Caroline, and Jane and Cal while allowing us to spend time with Suzanna and Laredo from Volume 1, as well as Elsie and Glen. We got to know many more residents of Promise in this volume, and as always with Mac ...more
Kshydog
Mar 04, 2014 Kshydog rated it it was ok
Liked Caroline's child with the banter that went on between Grady and Caroline before they realized their love for each other. In Dr. Texas liked the determination of the female doctor in trying to get what she wants in visiting the ghost town and riding the horse. Liked how The postmistress stood her ground in after 10 years of just having a boyfriend.
Dyan Nees
Feb 24, 2016 Dyan Nees rated it it was amazing
Great book any a joy to read!
Shelly Ann
Jul 02, 2014 Shelly Ann rated it it was amazing
More romance and schemes :)
Esther Fishman
Jun 28, 2014 Esther Fishman rated it it was amazing
Wonderful series, hard to put down.
Michelle Molinari
Jan 23, 2014 Michelle Molinari rated it it was amazing
This is the combination (re-print) of two novels in the Hart of Texas saga (Caroline’s Child and Dr. Texas). I do love all these characters and I love how each book spotlights a different set of characters. These two highlight two different love stories and we find out who fathered Maggie! Instead of following just one character through-out the eight books, the readers gets to see everyone’s lives. A great way to keep the series going and keep the readers’ interest peaked.
Debra McEathron
Jun 21, 2016 Debra McEathron rated it it was amazing
This is a 2 book combo about friends and family in Promise, Texas.
Debbie
Dec 27, 2015 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Lonesome cowboy/ Texas two-step. This is one of my favorite series of books by Debbie Macomber. I enjoy the series so much I own it. I enjoy how Debbie captures your attention and holds it through the whole story. The way she describes the town of Promise and the people it could be my home town. The town of Promise holds a secret and Savannah wants to know what it is. This series has a great story line and I enjoy how the characters are introduced into the story.
Niki
Jan 14, 2014 Niki rated it it was amazing
This like all of Debbie Macomber books is easy and fast romances. I love to read them because they are clean and take my mind away very easily.
Kare
Aug 14, 2009 Kare rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed her books because they are more gentle in lifestyle than some of my chick lit. No pre-marital sex, cursing is very light and rare. Easy reads, light-hearted. This series is more on the romances in the town of Promise, Texas. The Blossom Street series seems to focus more on different women issues. I've been reading from both sets and find them interesting for different reasons.
Judy Wise
Aug 04, 2011 Judy Wise rated it really liked it
Very much enjoyed storiy of Caroline and Grady as the progress find the way to each other and also the story of Cal and Jane. I like the way the author continues to update the people in the story that I am reading and those from the last books. I am beginning to feel like they are all old friends and do not want to put the book down.
I will be sad to end this series.
LInda L
Mar 05, 2016 LInda L rated it did not like it
This is two books in one -- neither very good. Caroline's Child was completely predictable, sickeningly sweet, but a mercifully quick read. Really, the exact same thing can be said about Dr. Texas. The heroine in this one was at least somewhat refreshing. Some of the sub-characters were slightly more interesting.
Don't bother.
Janet
Feb 15, 2016 Janet rated it liked it
Easy read and fairly predictable. This is the second of the series. I will read the third next.
Alex
Aug 15, 2013 Alex rated it really liked it
This is volume 2 of the series that takes place in Promise, Texas. I am a sucker for Debbie Macomber and her tales of people who live in small towns. This was written before her Cedar Cove series and is just as good. You get involved in the characters lives and their problems. Good read.
Virginia Markhart
Feb 21, 2010 Virginia Markhart rated it it was amazing
Call me old fashioned, I really don't care. I loved this book about simple life. Aww. Small town USA. Gotta love it. This was a freebie picked up at my office. Good ole cowboy meets city girl, or cowboy meets town girl. Nothing better than seeing them fall
Glenda L
Jun 25, 2010 Glenda L rated it really liked it
Two great stories ... Debbie Macomber style. The setting is Promise, Texas, a ranching community in the heart of Hill Country. What a nice place to live and raise a family, but there are always secrets in the town. It's fun to see what Debbie comes up with next.
Carol
Mar 22, 2013 Carol rated it it was amazing
HEART OF TEXAS VOLUME 2 is a combination of two books by Debbie Macomber, CAROLINE' S CHILD and DR.TEXAS. Both books involve romance stories taking place in the small town of Promise, Texas. Touching, easy read.
Jan Mcleod
Dec 04, 2014 Jan Mcleod rated it liked it
I personally liked the second story, Dr. Texas, better than the first. It was interesting to read about small town America and the "tough" Texas men who fell like flies when they met the right woman.
Dorothy Timm
Apr 30, 2013 Dorothy Timm rated it really liked it
I like Debbie Macomber books and this was no exemption. Sweet, kisses but no sex. The only problem was that it started very slowly and it took a while to get to know the characters.
Maggie
Feb 27, 2009 Maggie rated it liked it
I liked Vol 2 as much as Vol 1. Cute and romantic stories about people in small town TX. I'll go ahead and finish out the series and read Vol.3 once I pick it up at the library.
Cathy
Dec 07, 2008 Cathy rated it really liked it
I just love Debbie Macomber books and the way she writes and you get to know the characters. When I want a great easy read with happy endings I always choose Debbie Macomber.
Tanya
Jul 04, 2010 Tanya rated it it was amazing
I finished this book a the car-ride from NC to PA. I loved this book as a follow-up to the first one and immediately started the third book in the series!! =)
Christel
May 01, 2008 Christel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: debbie-macomber
Not bad! Debbie Macomber has a way of writing stories that draw you into the storyline and the characters. I really have enjoyed her stories and characters.
Eileen
Aug 21, 2008 Eileen rated it liked it
Kinda like a 'good ol' boys' story in Texas, but I recognized some of the names of cities. Easy. Light, great on the long flight from Barcelona to KC!
Marie Buccellato
Jan 05, 2015 Marie Buccellato rated it really liked it
Heart of Texas Vol 2 - Worth reading if you want a clean wholesome story about love & friendship in a town called Promise Texas. Vol 3 is next
Madison Mega-Mara...: #53 - Heart of Texas Vol. 2 1 1 Mar 17, 2015 08:02AM
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • A McKettrick Christmas (McKettricks, #10)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • A Texas Christmas
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • The Summer Hideaway (Lakeshore Chronicles, #7)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 950 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Heart of Texas (8 books)
  • Lonesome Cowboy (Heart of Texas #1)
  • Texas Two-Step (Heart of Texas #2)
  • Caroline's Child (Heart of Texas #3)
  • Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Nell's Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)
  • Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #6)
  • Promise, Texas (Heart of Texas #7)
  • Return to Promise (Heart of Texas #8)