Start by marking “Heart Of Texas Vol. 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #3-4)” as Want to Read:
Heart Of Texas Vol. 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #3-4)

Heart Of Texas Vol. 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #3-4)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,289 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Caronline's Child Who's the father of Caroline Daniels's child? Everyone in town wants to know, but no one's ever asked--or ever will. The people of Promise are protective of Caroline and five-year-old Maggie. They care. Especially rancher Grady Weston, who's beginning to realize he "more" than cares....

Dr. Texas

They call her Dr. Texas. She's Jane Dickinson, a newly gradua...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Mira (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Heart Of Texas Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Of Texas Vol. 2

The Help by Kathryn StockettThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsGone Girl by Gillian FlynnThe Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk KiddHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Best Beach Reads 2013
261st out of 2,324 books — 4,215 voters
The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie MacomberA Good Yarn by Debbie MacomberCall Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie MacomberMorning Comes Softly by Debbie Macomber
RRRC - FAC: Debbie Macomber (April 2011)
52nd out of 108 books — 61 voters

More lists with this book...

Marianne
Caroline’s Child is the third of the Heart of Texas series by Debbie Macomber. Promise’s postmistress, Caroline Daniels is the unmarried mother of five-year-old Maggie. While she’s known him for years, lately her verbal exchanges with Grady Weston, older brother of her good friend Savannah, have become remarkable in their rancour. Surprising, really, because she likes and respects the man, although his occasional shouting does upset Maggie. Eventually, Grady plucks up the courage to ask Caroline...more
Adetia
I'm particularly enjoying this series from Debbie Macomber. This set is based in the town of Promise, TX, and I really enjoy the smooth transition from volume to volume, as we get to revisit and build upon the story we have already come to love. This entry features the stories of Grady and Caroline, and Jane and Cal while allowing us to spend time with Suzanna and Laredo from Volume 1, as well as Elsie and Glen. We got to know many more residents of Promise in this volume, and as always with Mac...more
Kshydog
Liked Caroline's child with the banter that went on between Grady and Caroline before they realized their love for each other. In Dr. Texas liked the determination of the female doctor in trying to get what she wants in visiting the ghost town and riding the horse. Liked how The postmistress stood her ground in after 10 years of just having a boyfriend.
Shelly Ann Haselden
More romance and schemes :)
Esther Fishman
Wonderful series, hard to put down.
Michelle Molinari
This is the combination (re-print) of two novels in the Hart of Texas saga (Caroline’s Child and Dr. Texas). I do love all these characters and I love how each book spotlights a different set of characters. These two highlight two different love stories and we find out who fathered Maggie! Instead of following just one character through-out the eight books, the readers gets to see everyone’s lives. A great way to keep the series going and keep the readers’ interest peaked.
Niki
This like all of Debbie Macomber books is easy and fast romances. I love to read them because they are clean and take my mind away very easily.
Kare
I've enjoyed her books because they are more gentle in lifestyle than some of my chick lit. No pre-marital sex, cursing is very light and rare. Easy reads, light-hearted. This series is more on the romances in the town of Promise, Texas. The Blossom Street series seems to focus more on different women issues. I've been reading from both sets and find them interesting for different reasons.
Judy Wise
Very much enjoyed storiy of Caroline and Grady as the progress find the way to each other and also the story of Cal and Jane. I like the way the author continues to update the people in the story that I am reading and those from the last books. I am beginning to feel like they are all old friends and do not want to put the book down.
I will be sad to end this series.
Alex
This is volume 2 of the series that takes place in Promise, Texas. I am a sucker for Debbie Macomber and her tales of people who live in small towns. This was written before her Cedar Cove series and is just as good. You get involved in the characters lives and their problems. Good read.
Virginia Markhart
Call me old fashioned, I really don't care. I loved this book about simple life. Aww. Small town USA. Gotta love it. This was a freebie picked up at my office. Good ole cowboy meets city girl, or cowboy meets town girl. Nothing better than seeing them fall
Glenda L
Two great stories ... Debbie Macomber style. The setting is Promise, Texas, a ranching community in the heart of Hill Country. What a nice place to live and raise a family, but there are always secrets in the town. It's fun to see what Debbie comes up with next.
Carol
HEART OF TEXAS VOLUME 2 is a combination of two books by Debbie Macomber, CAROLINE' S CHILD and DR.TEXAS. Both books involve romance stories taking place in the small town of Promise, Texas. Touching, easy read.
Dorothy Timm
I like Debbie Macomber books and this was no exemption. Sweet, kisses but no sex. The only problem was that it started very slowly and it took a while to get to know the characters.
Maggie
I liked Vol 2 as much as Vol 1. Cute and romantic stories about people in small town TX. I'll go ahead and finish out the series and read Vol.3 once I pick it up at the library.
Cathy
I just love Debbie Macomber books and the way she writes and you get to know the characters. When I want a great easy read with happy endings I always choose Debbie Macomber.
Tanya
I finished this book a the car-ride from NC to PA. I loved this book as a follow-up to the first one and immediately started the third book in the series!! =)
Christel
Not bad! Debbie Macomber has a way of writing stories that draw you into the storyline and the characters. I really have enjoyed her stories and characters.
Eileen
Kinda like a 'good ol' boys' story in Texas, but I recognized some of the names of cities. Easy. Light, great on the long flight from Barcelona to KC!
Ann Boytim
Easy reading book - all the same characters in the first book and all their lives intertwining. I keep enjoying all of Debbie Macombers books
Brenda
This is the second novel of a 3 volume set. Was so good ... could not wait to start the next volume. Read all 3 volumes while on a weeklong trip.
Jackie
Unlike her other books, you continue to follow all the characters from the first volume. Still waiting to crack the ghost town mystery.
Nancy
This was a very, very, good book and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a very good read.
Jaimie Duplain
This one just lets you know that you don't have to be from Texas to fit right in! :)
Michelle Thomas
My favorite part of this series is the ghost town and the passion for roses.
Bobi Tribble
Couldn't put it down better than the 1st book starting the 3rd tonight!
Janel Bihn
Typical Debbie Macomber style - enough suspense to want to keep reading.
Laurelee
fun fast reads! These are good no brainer books, clean, light romance.
Julie Carosella
I am really getting attached to the people of Promise Texas....
Marla
Debbie Macomber never disappoints me. This series is very good
  • Ask Anyone (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #2)
  • A Texas Christmas
  • A McKettrick Christmas (McKettricks, #10)
  • Kentucky Rich

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)