Start by marking “Desperate and Dateless (Montague Vampires, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Desperate and Dateless (Montague Vampires, #0.5)

Desperate and Dateless (Montague Vampires 0.5)

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  13 reviews
" Welcome to the Inaugural Vampiric Desperate and Dateless Ball. " Vicci needs the credits the Security gig can give her for the Vampiric Desperate and Dateless Ball. Besides, it can't be hard to watch a bunch of vampires, humans and other assorted species do the dirty bump and grind and seek for that "Right One."

Instead, she finds herself captivated by an intriguing vamp
Published April 13th 2005 by Ellora's Cave (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Desperate and Dateless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperate and Dateless

Tam
Jun 26, 2010 Tam rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: shorty
meh. This is a quicky I could have done without
Julie Read Our Lips! Book Review Blog
Desperate and Dateless by Elizabeth Lapthorne (EL)is a good read that was unfortunately too much for me. My only complaint is that what I've read about vampires is completely dissolved here as vamps in this book feed off emotions and not blood. While I am aware these other types of vamps existed, this is the first time I've actually read a book on the subject matter. The differences were just so off center to what I'm used to reading that I couldn't wrap my head around it and my enjoyment of the ...more
Denise Koopman
OOOH La La...What a book....lol
Mare
Quick (53 pages) different twist on vampies with a futuristic space age hint.
Vicci is security at a Vampire Valentine party "desperate & Dateless" where some vampires are looking for their Soul Circle mate.
Vlad is King of vampires and there just for some fun. He doesn't expect to find his mate after all these years; but he longs to because with your mate you can have children.
Djg
Desperate and Dateless by Elizabeth Lapthorne

Ultimately, I feel let down. Even for a short story it started out promising but it fizzled and I never felt a connection to the characters.
Even the somewhat explicit love scene was lacking in passion and emotion.
I know sometimes it's hard to grab a reader with fewer pages but I'd be hesitant to try another story by this author.
MK
Sep 18, 2014 MK rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-f, vampires
This is supposed to be the prologue of the Montague Vampires, but the explanation of the setting of the story is lacking. Anyway, since this is a quickies book, I can't expect a lot of plot in the story, but it would be nice if it was longer. The characters have strong personalities that should be used more than what is written. But this is still a hot story.
gremlin
I realize this is an Ellora's Cave 'Quickie', but it just felt incomplete. Ok, I get his insta-love, but I never got any sense of how & why she went from "Let's have some fun" to "Let's have a baby and eternity".
Katherine O'Grady
This book was all kinds of annoying for me. I found the hero and heroine characterization thin and one-note. I couldn't make myself finish, even though it is only 50 pages.
Sussan
Needed more background info to setup the vampire race story but the romance between the two was lacking. From lust to ever after ?
McKenna
I have to say a really enjoyed the twist that Ms Lapthorne put on the Vampire genre. I look forward to reading the rest of this series.
Denise
I thought it would have been better. Disappointed..
Lindsay
Oct 08, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 10/8/2012
Donna
Very sexy book
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
tina barrington
tina barrington marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
D.A
D.A added it
Apr 18, 2015
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Brynn Paulin
Brynn Paulin marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Lory Riddlemoser
Lory Riddlemoser marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Amy (and her hounds)
Amy (and her hounds) marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Raine
Raine marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Shontelle Forte
Shontelle Forte marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Vampire Justice (d'Argent Honor, #1)
  • Sex Traders (Sex Slaves, #1)
  • Mission Menage (Operation Erotic, #1)
  • Daryk Hunter (Daryk World, #1)
  • Kissing Phoenix (Bitten Backstage, #1)
  • Bonded by Need (Shifting Bonds, #1)
  • Convincing Quinn (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Therian Prey (Therian Heat, #1)
  • Embraced by a Warrior (Warrior Hunger, #1)
  • Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs, #1)
  • Believe In the Magic (Shifting Magic, #1)
  • Elfbitten (Taryn Malloy Fantasy, #1)
  • Dragon's Kiss (Shadow of the Dragon, #1)
  • Lionheart (StarQuest, #1)
  • Seduced by the Angel
  • Contract to Pleasure (Pleasure Seekers, #1)
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attractions, #1)
  • Trouble with Harry (Trouble, #1)
Elizabeth Lapthorne has been writing professionally since 2002. She has been astonished by the sucess of her Rutledge Werewolf series, and finds immense pleasure in hearing from her fans. To date she has more than ten books out, a few of those even in paperback.

Elizabeth regularly goes to the gym to chew over her ideas; many a book has begun or been worked through while cycling on the bikes. She a
More about Elizabeth Lapthorne...

Montague Vampires (3 books)
  • Heated Fantasies (Montague Vampires, #1)
  • Flaming Fantasies (Montague Vampires, #2)
  • Secret Fantasies (Montague Vampires, #3)
Scent of Passion (Rutledge Werewolves, #1) Hide and Seek (Rutledge Werewolves, #2) The Mating Game (Rutledge Werewolves, #3) My Heart's Passion (Rutledge Werewolves, #4) Chasing Love (Rutledge Werewolves, #5)