The Sexually Confident Wife: Connecting with Your Husband Mind Body Heart Spirit

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Maximize the sexual and emotional potential in your marriage! With down-to-earth wisdom based on the experiences of the thousands of women she’s counseled, Shannon Ethridge–author of the million-plus-selling Every Woman’s Battle series–shows women how to create the healthy, exhilarating sex lives they (and their husbands) desire.

Every woman deserves to enjoy great sex with...more
Published September 8th 2009 by Harmony (first published 2008)

Josie
This book seemed more like a muse for the author than a actual self help book. Like she was using it to get out some of her own issues rather than help the reader.

She swings from being very tactful and concerned about her audience to being very opinionated and coarse. For instance when approaching the subject of how every woman should feel comfortable in her own skin she lashes out at skinny women saying they are bony and unattractive and that real men want curves. I felt like I was punched in...more
Jenni
Oct 25, 2008 Jenni rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: wives, engaged women
Shelves: owned-and-read
When I finished this, I was crying tears of joy as well as wanting to cheer. And I can truly say I already feel significantly more confident to approach my marriage bed with joy, greater freedom, and a stronger love for my husband and deeper gratefulness for the fantastic gift from God of sexual intimacy within marriage.

A little background on me, the reviewer: This book is the latest I've read in an effort to better understand myself, my relationship with my husband, and to overcome any lingeri...more
The6kaisers
I have mixed feelings about this one and I gave it 3 (of 5) stars. On one hand, I like some of the things that are said. I like the fact that the author approaches sex between husband and wife as a God-given gift, a celebration, a need. It was one of those, "Get over the speed bumps and just have fun with each other!"-type of messages. I also appreciated the way she suggested we present the topic married-sex to our children. On the other hand, there was too much personal information. The author...more
Deborah
This is a fantastic book. It is conservative, because it is a Christian book about connecting with your Husband. It is a healing book and it reminds us women that we don't have to be perfect for our husbands to love us and desire to be with us. It is not sex-negative, it is sex outside of marriage-negative. As a woman, I deal with many issues addressed in this book including a negative self-image. This book has helped me deal with loving myself so I can love my husband. I love Shannon Ethridge a...more
Amanda
I think this is a good book, but I think I just went into reading it with the wrong expectations. Also, the POV of the author is a little too conservative for my tastes.

(I discovered later that the author also writes Christian devotional-type books. Not my sorta thing, but I DEFINITELY feel led to commend her on her versatility! Sex books AND devotionals? That's what I call a colorful repetoire!)

However, I think many women could benefit from this book, and maybe I did subconsciously in some way...more
Yvonne
I think this is probably one of the best books I have read in a long time. I found the information to be very helpful and relevant. I think that it has changed my life and I look forward to moving on and gaining a better understanding of myself and the connection I have with my best friend, my husband.

My husband also read this -- which I think is very helpful in that he can support me with the changes I want to make in my attitudes and how I view myself.

I would recommend this book to all my frie...more
Pamela
I really enjoyed this book and feel that it really improved a little rut we were in. It gives great ideas and reminds us as women, that we are not perfect, but are empowered, appreciated and ALWAYS goddesses. I think this is a book, any wife should read who feels that she is not adequate enough. It will spice u your bedroom routine tremendously.
Megan
A couple of friends loved this book so I bought it. Maybe my expectations were too great but it wasn't quite what I anticipated. It was an easy read and I'd recommend it if someone was looking for something along these lines....or I'd just give them my copy!
Tessia
One of my favorite quotes from the book: (p. 232) "Perhaps rather than fear offending God with our sexual expression, we should fear offending God by our lack of it" (Shannon Ethridge).
Allyson Wood-alt
Amazing book! A must read! This book taught me so much about myself & I thought of so many people that I know who should read this book!
Gwen
This was a great self esteem booster book. I really liked reading this. I would read more of her work when I come across it.
Sarahope
Useful book for learning to unload emotional baggage that can keep women from feeling confident
R Latimore
R Latimore marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Brandon Graves
Brandon Graves marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Deena Fehr
Deena Fehr is currently reading it
May 12, 2014
Maggie Neary
Maggie Neary marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Afiyfa
Afiyfa marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Terry
Terry is currently reading it
Mar 30, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Mar 25, 2014
Mercy Chang'ach
Mercy Chang'ach marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Shannon is a million-copy best-selling author, speaker, lay counselor, and advocate for healthy sexuality with a master’s degree in counseling/human relations from Liberty University. She has spoken to youth, college students, and adults since 1989 and her passions include:

* Challenging adults and teens to embrace a life of sexual integrity
* Encouraging married couples in their pursuit of sexual...more
More about Shannon Ethridge...
Every Young Woman's Battle: Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World (The Every Man Series) Every Woman's Battle: Discovering God's Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment Every Woman's Marriage: Igniting the Joy and Passion You Both Desire (The Every Man Series) Completely His: Loving Jesus without Limits The Fantasy Fallacy: Exposing the Deeper Meaning Behind Sexual Thoughts