Start by marking “Bleach #04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Spanish Edition)” as Want to Read:
Bleach #04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Spanish Edition)

Bleach #04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Bleach #4)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  7,655 Ratings  ·  118 Reviews
Hot-tempered 15-year-old Ichigo Kurosaki, the hero of the popular fantasy-adventure Bleach , has the unsettling ability to see spirits who are unable to rest in peace. His sixth sense leads him to Rukia, a Soul Reaper who destroys Hollows (soul-devouring monsters) and ensures the deceased find repose with the Soul Society. When she's injured in battle, Rukia transfers h ...more
Published June 30th 2007 by Glenat (first published September 4th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach #04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach #04

MissAnnThrope
Rating: * * 1/2

BO-HA-HA-HA!

description

That was funny the first couple of times, but quickly got tiresome. Much of Volume 4 is spent on the spiritual television personality Don Kanonji, who is one of my least favorite characters in the series. The Don Kanonji storyline is frustratingly asinine, making this my least enjoyed volume so far. For some reason, watching the anime of this is far more entertaining than reading this volume. Perhaps, it's because the anime doesn't have as much Don Kanonji in it.

It was
Timothy Stone
Feb 20, 2016 Timothy Stone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started a bit slow, but picked up the pace. I really like the selflessness of Ichigo. He is not at all the punk folks think him to be. He is a nice guy who gets in trouble to help those in need, and has elements he can't control putting him in folks' cross-hairs.

I was a little disappointed at how Orihime and Rukia were very minor in this volume, but you can see that they are gaining more knowledge of things and may have some abilities. It should, hopefully, make things better as we move closer t
Emma
Ichigo encounters a paranormal reality star which takes up most of the chapters in this volume. I didn't care very much for these chapters but I'm sure this will be a lead in to more interesting plot. Plus this volume ends on a total cliff hanger! AHHH!
Megan
Mar 15, 2009 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
awesome
Sunghyun
The author of the book is Tite Kubo. The name of the book is Bleach, Quincy Archer hates you and it's fiction. The genre of the book is adventure, fantasy and fiction. I chose this book because I like to watch anime (Japanese animation) and I liked bleach so I wondered how the book would be like.

The story takes place in Karakura town where the main character, Ichigo Kurosaki lives. The story is about a famous TV star Don Kanonji goes to Karakura town. Don Kanonji has an ability to see spirits.
Madiyar561
Oct 30, 2012 Madiyar561 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Because i love Manga stories, i chose this book.. it's very exciting and fantasy. it descirbes a 17 years old boy his name is ichigo, he's the main character of the story. he was chosen to fight the demons in his town. actually this book is volume 4 and i'm looking forward to read the next volume. this Manga story contains more than 10 volumes, hopfully i finish them all because i want to explore the ending.
Sophia F
One word for Don Kononji is... Interesting.
He is oddly obsessed with his fans and show ratings, but also cares for other's safety too. (Even if he can't really do anything to protect them...)
Karin and Orihime supposedly saw Ichigo as a Soul Reaper, so they probably were seeing all the actual action on the roof.
For some reason I really love how each Bleach volume has almost like two separate parts, the second one leading into the next volume. The bad thing about that might be that it doesn't ever
Joel Mora
Jan 04, 2016 Joel Mora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished the book but retread it
La Revistería Comics
El arquero Quincy te odia, y el agujero en el cielo se hace cada vez más grande. Cuarto y revelador tomo de Bleach.
Tim
Dec 01, 2008 Tim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh great, a super irritating character is introduced. Please, please be an infrequent character.
Khalil
Mar 09, 2010 Khalil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: big-5
Bleach by Tite Kubo is a fairly exhilarating book of a high school student named Ichigo Kurisaki who can see the deceased and communicate with them. His life is normal, other than this oblong gift he has until he comes face to face with the Soul Reaper Rukia Kuchiki; life after that takes an outstanding turn. Because of his strong spiritual powers, which may be the reason why he can see ghosts, and good will, he decides to help her and become a Soul Reaper, a person who cleanses and helps souls ...more
Nick
May 13, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: Ichigo Kurosaki sees ghosts, and fights...a lot. All of this is pretty normal for Ichigo, but then he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami (Death God) and member of the mysterious Soul Society. When a Hollow, an evil spirit, attacks Ichigo and his family, Rukia attempts to defeat the Hollow, but is wounded. To help him save his family, she lends Ichigo some of her powers, but something goes wrong, and Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Ichigo becomes a temporar
S. J.
May 07, 2013 S. J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga
Recommended to S. by: My Sister
*4 Stars*

Review of Volume 1

description Don Kanonji - A media spiritualist who arrives in Karakura town and brings nothing but headaches to our substitute Soul Reaper.

*The Gush*
This novel contains a small, one chapter story, a short filler story, and the start of a longer story which briefly nods to a new character coming up in the next volume. All of this is not to diminish what goes on in this book; Ichigo learns and grows during the filler story as well as meets an annoyance who will pop up again and ag
Dani
Aaaaaaaand we're back to the lame side stories.

I'm more partial to the series overall, though--at least I have proof that it can perform when it wants to, and Uryu (though he only briefly appeared) seems interesting, if incredibly mysterious to the point of me guessing that yeah, this is going to be a walking cliché.

I like Tatsuki. A lot. Even though she didn't do... like, anything, I'm happy when she's around. I liked her wondering what was happening because she could see the blurs of Ichigo an
Dies Irae
Feb 06, 2014 Dies Irae rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, bleach
Filleroni fin dal quarto volume? No, eh.. A parte la prima storiella di Kon (divertente si, ma anche basta) c'è un lungo siparietto tragicomico la cui unica utilità consiste nel mettere i nostri sotto i riflettori, attirando attenzioni indesiderate (o almeno questo è quanto viene lasciato intuire). L'unica nota positiva è rappresentata, in chiusura, dall'introduzione di un nuovo interessante personaggio con velleità spaccaculi.
Tonya
Dec 06, 2013 Tonya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Despite its title, most of this book has very little to do with Mr. Quincy. Instead, the bulk of the book revolves around a TV sensation named Don Kanonji. This brings the book’s rating down quite a bit for me. I’m sure Kanonji was meant to be comic relief, but it was too ridiculous for me. Kanonji is stupid-funny to me, and that type of comedy rarely makes me laugh.

In fact, I feel disgust towards Kanonji. Not only is he egotistical, but his actions are hurting the souls of the dead. I mean, wha
Oliver Hodson
It wasn't terrible, and i'll keep reading, but i didn't really know what was happening with the demi hollow at the hospital which was the action sequence for most of the book. The lack of exposition was not part of a plot twist or suspense building (i felt) so it was just confusing. Characters are building nicely, and i enjoyed the kon story at the start of the book.
Taruia
Feb 25, 2014 Taruia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I didn't think the Don Kononji character was that bad, I mean you could use him as a metaphor for glitzy meaningless game shows ... This story arc however is begini8ng to show that every student in Ichigo's high school can see ghosts it seems that father goat face is the only who can't. That must make him a bit miffed.
M. Ashraf
Mar 12, 2015 M. Ashraf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Another great character, it came out of nowhere, but he is good :p
the back story of the Quincys and Shinigamis are very good but still I didn't quite get it, also the last one thing :/ I'm not seeing him as - Suski's, Naruto - equivalent :/
The Don - Bohahahaha - part was GREAT!!! :v :V :v
Kathleen
Nov 03, 2015 Kathleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Kon is chased/dressed up when he leaves Ichigo's room. Don Kanonji, whom everyone loves, comes to town to make a show about local ghosts. While being filmed, he accidentally turns a ghost into a hollow. Ichigo and him fight together to vanquish it. Ichigo's friends are beginning to see ghosts and Ichigo in soul reaper form.
At the end, Uryu appears and announces his hatred for Ichigo.
Cindy
Mar 18, 2010 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is like a hater book because Ishida doesn't like soul reapers. Since Ichigo is a subsitute soul reaper he is still a soul reaper. And Rukia is a soul reaper too so Ishida hates her. Once Ishida walked into the classroom he already senced Ichigo's spirtual pressure. Ichigo's spirtual pressure is so high that it leaks out so anyone can sence it. He has to control it.
What i think about this book it that it kind of relates to my life because there is a bunch of haters in this world. Say fo
David
Jan 13, 2015 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-comics
Ashley
Mar 27, 2016 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Sammis
Nov 11, 2007 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pc, read-in-2007
Bleach 4 further explains what Hollows are and how they are created. Ichigo and a popular TV psychic learn the hard way the danger of doing haphazard spiritual cleansing.

A mystery also begins near the end of the volume. Someone other than Ichigo and Rukia are taking care of the hollows. Either that or her detector has started to misfire. The who behind the mystery is shown on cover but the how and the why is revealed in volume 5.

Overall I like how each new volume brings something new to the over
Anthony Valletta
Sep 17, 2014 Anthony Valletta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I love Don Kanonji as a character and you do learn much more about the process of becoming a Hollow, so much time is spent in parody that this volume actually drags a bit. Still a fun read, though.
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do fe
  • Naruto, Vol. 33: The Secret Mission (Naruto, #33)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Bleach, Volume 01
  • Bleach, Volume 08
  • Bleach, Volume 09
  • Bleach, Volume 10
  • Bleach, Volume 11

“we are drawn to each other like drops of water, like the planets we repulse each other like magnets, like the color of our skin.” 32 likes