Start by marking “Racing Hearts: A Calculated Risk\An Outside Chance\This Time Around” as Want to Read:
Racing Hearts: A Calculated Risk\An Outside Chance\This Time Around

Racing Hearts: A Calculated Risk\An Outside Chance\This Time Around

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"She's plotted the course"Car chief Roni Kenway has a plan. She'll save her racing team and (hopefully) convince her crew chief, Judd Timmons, that she's the perfect mix of business and pleasure. But will she coast down Victory Lane...or crash into the wall?

"She's in Daytona"

Haunted by a sadistic book about last-chance love, Lucy Vanderwal hopes a trip to Daytona will end
Published 2010 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Racing Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Racing Hearts

Princess
Stumbled on this Valentine anthology totally by accident and just grabbed it because I'm a fan of Vicki Lewis Thompson but I was so happy I bought it because I really loved this book. Three stories set during Valentine's day with a NASCAR theme. I don't know much about NASCAR but it was great to get a glimpse into the behind the scenes stuff of this very popular sport.

A Calculated Risk by Vicki Lewis Thompson about Veronica "Roni" a car chief who is secretly in love with her crew chief, Judd, wh
Judy
Racing Hearts Analogy
Harlequin NASCAR Library
A Calculated Risk – Vicki Lewis Thompson
After one woman’s actions destroy the team camaraderie another woman tries to repair it. Roni Kenway works for Lovejoy Racing. She has secretly been in love with the crew chief Judd Timmons for two years and she is good friends with the driver Tucker Merritt. Still her main focus is the team and she’s determined to bring the two men back together. And secretly she hopes that Judd will see her as a woman this Val
Janna
With only 0.5 flames out of 3 as the heat level this anthology, Racing Hearts, is not my usual read. It’s way less sexually explicit than a lot of the other books I review. This is more of a sweet and cute kind of romance anthology. From the three authors Vicki Lewis Thompson, Nancy Warren and Dorien Kelly, I’ve read some Blaze novels from the first two before and did enjoy those pretty much. Anyone who has ever read a Blaze knows that in those stories love scenes never take place behind closed ...more
Jane Stewart
Wonderful, laugh out loud Valentines Day, NASCAR romance. Moms: ok for your teenage daughters too.

There are 3 short stories in this book. Two are ok, but one is fabulous. It’s worth buying the book for the one 5-star story.

5 stars for AN OUTSIDE CHANCE by Nancy Warren.

Enjoyable. Delightful. Funny. I was laughing out loud several times. I loved the two characters.

Story Brief:
Lucy is average looking. She dresses fashion show models. She’s good at calming them down. Lucy is 32 and feeling like a sp
Ellen
I picked this up for the short story by Vicki Lewis Thompson - "A Calculated Risk". Because Roni the heroine of the story is frequently referred to in Thompson's Sons of Chance series.
Sadly this was actually the worst of the novellas. Most of the story is taken up by drama between Judd (Roni's love interest) and Tucker the driver of the car. I like that Thompson picked a crew chief and a mechanic for a NASCAR story, something a little different, but inevitably as the story's focus isn't on the c
Tofu Fairy
I stopped reading this book when I realized I wasn't going to get a sex scene. Sorry if that is lame or shallow, but I read romance books so that I get to see the whole picture. The writing was good/fine/not bad at all! It was just personal appeal for me. I stopped reading at page 72 because the topic was getting boring for me (I hate everything to do with NASCAR and did not realize when getting this book from the library that it was about NASCAR. I was just getting it based on one of my fav aut ...more
Sara
I don't know why I continue to read short stories when I ususally find myself hoping for more from each story. Oh, wait! It's so that I can find new authors to read about.
Well, this time I discovered Dorien Kelly, who wrote about as good a short story as it could get. The real test, however, will come when I read one of her novels. I really hope that she doesn't dissapoint.
It was also good to see the world of NASCAR take over the world of more authors. And, although I haven't convinced myself
Caro
I liked this book. It's good for a quick read. I would read it again, but more as when I don't have a lot of time but want somethig to read. I liked the dynamics and how the stories were all different as in they included the different roles of nascar. The stories weren't all about the same situation (about a driver). Enjoy
Deborah Vespo
Great book! Three short romances that I would be happy to recommend to my daughter. As a friend of mine likes to tease me, she refers to me as the soft romance reader. I don't recall ever reading a story about race car drivers before... fun read and a bit different than my usual stories.
Deb
A really cute anthology. Enjoyed all the stories. Just very sweet, with really likable characters in all three stories. I'd read VLT and Nancy Warren before and wasn't disappointed. Had never read Dorien Kelly, but will look for her stories in the future.
Danielle
It was alright....it was really weird to read a Harlequin novel without sex scenes....especially one by Vicki Lewis Thompson....luckily the NASCAR storyline only interrupts the romantic storyline in one of the stories.....
Cecelia
I love these shorts and I'm so glad harlequin started the nascar books!
Ann
liked themm all. the first story is a runn off from the Chance Brothers series
Ann  Lorz
A great collection of short stories. All 3 are worth reading.
Tanya
Omygish that is all I can say
Sheila
Daytona! Romance! Fluff! <3
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Jasmine Olivares
Jasmine Olivares marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Vonda Johnson
Vonda Johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Virginia
Virginia marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Cindy Laing
Cindy Laing marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Laurajean Jones
Laurajean Jones marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • British Bad Boys
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • To All A Good Night
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Our Little Secret
  • The Truth About Cats & Dogs (Men of Courage #4)  (Fear Familiar, #18)
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons #2)
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • One Wild Wedding Night (Santori Stories, #6)
  • Ex, Why, And Me
  • Desert Rogues Part 2
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • Heating Up The Holidays (Harlequin Blaze, #435) (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #3)
  • Once Upon a Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year/'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Down In Texas
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...
Nerd in Shining Armor (Nerds, #1) A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You, #1) The Nerd Who Loved Me (Nerds, #2) Nerd Gone Wild (Nerds, #3) Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1)