Start by marking “The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 2

The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 2 (The Gentlemen's Alliance #2)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,948 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
From the creator of Full Moon o Sagashite In return for a business loan of 50 million yen, the prestigious Kamiya family gave their daughter Haine away to the Otomiya family. Haine, now an Otomiya, is appointed to the student council of the exclusive Imperial Academy, a private school for the aristocracy. Even though Haine is of proper lineage to be on the council, she ...more
Published June 5th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 2

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSailor Moon, #1 by Naoko Takeuchi
Favorite Shoujo Manga
165th out of 658 books — 1,500 voters
Black Butler, Volume 01 by Yana TobosoFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaLove★Com, Vol. 1 by Aya NakaharaCardcaptor Sakura by CLAMPVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Awesome Manga!
32nd out of 51 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

Kereesa
Jul 10, 2012 Kereesa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series.
Recommended to Kereesa by: Jay
This second volume in the The Gentlemen's Alliance was definitely a huge improvement from it's likable, but not totally compelling debut volume. The plotline is definitely showing its soon-to-be happenings, and there was some great character revelations and developments. Ushio was a special favorite for me in this one, and Haine definitely brought some grrl power not only physically (yes, she DOES kick ass), but mentally as well. In spite of the fact she's kind of stupid, Haine is surprisingly v ...more
Kate
Aug 04, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing
Review in 75 Words or Less: Being familiar with Tanemura's previous works, I was very excited to start this series. The Gentleman's Alliance Cross was almost everything I had hoped for. The premise is interesting.. the characters were fun and hilarious, but I had a really hard time following the plot at times. While the overall plot stays on a main focus, the chapter's scenes seem to jump around a lot. Giving the reader almost a discombobulating experience.

Final Verdict: A fun and exciting read
Cassiopeia's Moon
Apr 17, 2014 Cassiopeia's Moon rated it liked it
Recommended to Cassiopeia's by: Caro
Shelves: manga
This volume was so much BETTER than the first one!

Many of the characters get a back story and some deep to their characters. (Thank god, because Haine would've become boring without it!) They evolve and you actually have time to learn who is who. There's lot of drama and questionable behavior. Nobody is who you think they are.

The best thing (apart from the art work) is the humor. I LAUGHED OUT LOUD! good thing I'm home alone And I love Haine and Maguri's relationship. I think they'd make great f
Dharia Scarab
Nov 16, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it

4 sta
Miss Ryoko
Jan 19, 2015 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
The first half of this volume was really slow and not very exciting, but once we got into character backgrounds and the mystery surrounding Shizumasa-sama, it got a lot more interesting. Now I'm slightly more invested in the series.

Speaking of Shizumasa-sama, he actually has a new name. For some reason, I always see his name as Shizumasu-sama, so now that's what I call him. When writing reviews, I'll try my hardest to type Shizumasa instead of Shizumasu, but I make no promises ;)

I still don't li
Victoria Newman
Sep 22, 2015 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Luke Reynolds
Jun 13, 2016 Luke Reynolds rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Chapter 5 was honestly a mess and very confusing because we were bouncing around from group to group, but the rest of the volume picked up from there. I'm really liking all of our character interactions and seeing them in different situations, and it's also clear which ones I like and despise (can that school doctor just leave, though? I hate him).

Haine's enthusiasm is still super infectious, and I absolutely loved her conversations with Maguri and Maora (view sp
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it liked it
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: Written and drawn by Arina Tanemura, Gentleman's Alliance follows 15-year old Haine Otomiya as she starts high school at the exclusive Imperial Academy. Haine has been in love with Shizumasa Togu since she read the fairy tale he wrote as a child. However, he is now the Emperor (top student) at the Academy, and almost impossible to see if you aren't a Silver (second tier student) or on the student council. Haine is only a bronze, and rumor has it the Emperor already has
Ottery StCatchpole
Jan 26, 2013 Ottery StCatchpole rated it really liked it
Sabrina "Look At My Books"
Arina Tanemura has a thing for confusing story telling. I never get those scenes with Ushio and the guys. NEVER!!! Could she be a bit more precise what is happening exactly. Does she sleep with the guys every time we see her in this sort of position (btw why does she sleep with them if she hates mankind so much?)

But I still like "Shizumasa" although he is really mean to Haine. But I think he likes her without knowing it yet.
Hannah
I found the first volume to be quite entertaining, but it is just going downhill from there.

Haine and Maguri are both head-over-heals in love with Shizumasa, despite him being a total prick. In fact, Maguri admitted to that being the reason he likes him, because "he's just so cute!"

Secondly, I felt that making Maora (view spoiler) was completely random and unnecessary to the story. It doesn't serve any purpose, except making Haine feel self-conscious about being in the cha
Mar 06, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: homies, manga, 2016
La historia ya se va definiendo más y se conocen más detalles sobre los personajes, especialmente de el Emperador. Me ha recordado en algunos aspectos a Marmalade boy, pero la historia está mejor trabajada que en el primer tomo.
Rae
May 09, 2016 Rae rated it it was amazing
This volume was amazing! I found it really touching. Tanemura Sensei did a great job of portraying human emotions. I felt that she really captured the human condition with all its messy and sometimes dark sides rather than a glorified version which many creators of fiction display. I loved how this volume focused so completely on the characters' feelings and how they were impacted by events in their lives. Our emotions may not always be rational or noble and there are sides we would rather peopl ...more
Evey Morgan
Jan 02, 2016 Evey Morgan rated it it was ok
Shelves: mangas
Nota: 1.5/5

Sigo intentándolo con esta mangaka pero me es imposible.
Kayla
Jun 21, 2013 Kayla rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Usually the first manga in the series gets a 4 star and then I give the rest 3 stars unless they are amazing (thats just how I roll), but the first one in this series actually got a 2 star, so now the second one has a better rating from me. I have to admit that the character actions that I don't like are starting to grow on me. And the plot twist at the end left me like WHAAAAAAAT???!!??? (view spoiler) ...more
Dolores
Mar 10, 2016 Dolores rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars
Deb
Jul 12, 2007 Deb rated it liked it
Recommends it for: shojo geeks
Shelves: fantasy-sf, manga
With the extra-duty of being a Platinum piled on Haine's head, she finds less time to spend mooning after The Emperor. However, to please her ethics he rearranges the way the student council does business. Secrets about Haine are revealed, dopplegangers are drawn, evil fathers come to light!

The subplots are developed more in the second volume, becoming more interesting than the primary story line as the author digs into the cast of supporting characters.
Oni
Feb 26, 2016 Oni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, romance, drama, asian
A great follow-up to the 1st volume. Slowly, each character's secrets begin unfolding, but at this stage, much remains shrouded in the mystery of the student council. Also, Tanemura's artwork is amazing!
Genre: Drama/Romance
Favourite Character: Haine Otomiya
Aus Classification: M
CJ -Doctor can you help me, 'cause somethin' don't feel right
Despite having a bit of what I like to call the "Usagi" syndrome (see Sailor Moon) , Haine is a likeable character that you can't help but root for. Now that there us some mystery regarding the Shizun's as well as some surprises from Haine's old family, the story is definitely heating up.
Lola
Jun 21, 2012 Lola rated it really liked it
This volume was a little better thent the first one.
A lot more interesting. Still kind of mean here and there though.
I can't wait to see whats going to happen. Although it might be awhile, oh well
Nikki
Apr 08, 2010 Nikki rated it liked it
recommend to hardcore shojo readers... this kind of manga is what you usually start with... unless u hate lots of screentone, big eyes, crying about some kind of boy (even the boys cry), and girlyness READ IT!
Savvy
Mar 27, 2013 Savvy rated it really liked it
I would recommend reading this along with the others. I say this because I read the whole series without bk. 2 and thought all was good, but I was wrong. So glad I read this! (It took me long enough.)
Steph
Jan 23, 2009 Steph rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of arina Tanemura
Recommended to Steph by: read Tanemura's other works
Shelves: manga
Not bad, and I love the art. Arina Tanemura is one of the greatest artist of mangas in my opinion. The story line still confuses me, but I'm starting to understand it and I love all the plot twists.
Lara
Nov 21, 2010 Lara rated it liked it
Okay, this is starting to make a LITTLE bit more sense, although it's still pretty out there. I'll keep going with it though, if only to see who ends up together in the end.
Cathryn Ferrara
Jul 29, 2012 Cathryn Ferrara rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Great manga I am really enjoying this series. High school drama with a lot of family issues its great.
Naomi
Mar 17, 2009 Naomi rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Woah! So many secrets! I can't wait to see how everyone takes finding out these secrets!
Kate
Sep 16, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, manga
Oh, the drama! The deliciously twisty plotlines! The unrequited romance!

I adore this series.
Amy
Aug 20, 2009 Amy added it
Gentlemen's Alliance , Vol. 2 (The Gentlemen's Alliance ) by Arina Tanemura (2007)
Danielle
Jul 06, 2012 Danielle rated it really liked it
Still love her artwork and the complex relationships she developed in this series.
Dylan
Apr 20, 2009 Dylan rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Yeah Shizumasa and Haine. Such a good series. Return her feelings already Shizumasa.
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 2 (Wild Ones, #2)
  • MeruPuri, Vol. 2 (MeruPuri, #2)
  • Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 2
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 4 (Beauty Pop, #4)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)
  • Millennium Snow, Vol. 2 (Millennium Snow, #2)
  • Special A, Vol. 02 (Special A, #2)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 3: Can a Bad Guy Turn Good? (Shugo Chara!, #3)
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 02
  • Godchild, Volume 02
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one
More about Arina Tanemura...

The Gentlemen's Alliance (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 1
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 8
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 9
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 10
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 11

“Love is difficult, isn't it?'
'But that's the way love is.”
0 likes