Start by marking “A Gift of Love: Just Curious / Double Exposure / Gabriel's Angel / Five Golden Rings / Yuletide Treasure” as Want to Read:

A Gift of Love: Just Curious / Double Exposure / Gabriel's Angel / Five Golden Rings / Yuletide Treasure (Foster Saga #1)

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  1,970 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
A Gift Of Love captures holiday magic as it transports New York City, where a schoolteacher slips an antique gold ring on her finger and travels back in time to a man who desperately needs her a village in Victorian England, where an embittered earl seeks a governess for a lovely, defiant little girl named a starry London night, on which a Chr ...more
Published November 1st 1996 by Pocket Books (first published November 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about A Gift of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gift of Love

Angela Ang
Sep 09, 2007 Angela Ang rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
I cried even after I read it the third time. So touching, it just fills my heart. Kudos to the other writers, just wonderful.
Lady Tina Michelle
Nov 04, 2009 Lady Tina Michelle rated it it was amazing
The rating is purely on Judith McNaught's Double Exposures. I have yet to read the other SS in the book. I love Corey and Spence! They both have a great chemistry that gives me goosebumps! :) It's the perfect light read if you have nothing to do!
Stacy Ziegler
May 12, 2010 Stacy Ziegler rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed these stories. The majority of the stories were historical romance which I really like. The first two stories "Double Exposure" and "Just Curious" were not quite as believable as the others. You didn't get a chance to see the characters fall in love. It was almost instantaneous. All five of the stories could have been longer. Despite this, I found myself liking each story more than the one before it. I would recommend this book to anyone who would like some nice short stories (7 ...more
Five short stories with two from my favorite romance writers McNaught (Double Exposure) and Deveraux (Just Curious). Just curious is one of my favorites of Deveraux. "I don't believe in miracles" first line from main character Karen. A widow whose lost her spark working as a secretary for a major corp. owned by a Taggert- one of Deveraux reoccuring families. Taggert handsome, cold-hearted whose inability to get a women to sign a pre-nup has given him quite the reputation. Karen finds herself in ...more
Oct 04, 2010 Bree rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
I actually enjoyed teh Deveraux story the most in this book - McNaught's Double Exposure, the long-awaited story of Corey and Spencer, felt under-developed. I really think they deserved a book, moreso than Donna and Cole did.
Patricia Solla
Oct 31, 2010 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
A very nice anthology of holiday stories. One contemporary, one starts in the present and goes back in time, the other two are historical set in England. All involve something that happens to the two main characters at christmas time to bring them together.
Kathy Davie
Nov 24, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Jude Deveraux's Change of Heart was not quite. Great storyline with a unique approach that was rather tritely written.

Judith McNaught's Miracles (Westmoreland, 4) was sweet although its title's pertinence was stuck on at the very end...could have done better by incorporating the miracle concept somewhere else in the story as well.

Jill Barnett's Daniel and the Angel was a treat! Novel concept that was handled very well. I must check out more of her books!

Arnette Lamb's Hark! The Herald was good w
Jan 26, 2011 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was fantastic. All very talented authors with wonderful romantic Christmas stories. Each one was well written and characters were realistic. I really enjoyed reading this one.
Kathy Davie
All of the stories revolve around love and Christmas.

Judith McNaught's Double Exposure (the first in the Foster Sisters series, falls in the middle of the second book of the Foster Sisters series---it'll make sense when you read it! Corey has put her childhood love for Spencer Addison out of her mind after his thoughtless act until she encounters him at a Foster Ideal wedding where the shoe is suddenly on the other foot. Lovely story with a fun twist.

Jude Deveraux's Just Curious was cute and swe
Mar 16, 2011 Melowin rated it really liked it
Contains the prelude to McNaught's book, Remember When, in the story "Double Exposure", which tells the story of Corey Foster's childhood infatuation with Spencer Addison, which comes to a head years later when they meet again at his estate.

Also contains a Jude Deveraux story "Just Curious", about a modern-day Taggert descendant, McAllister J. Taggert, and a young widow, Karen Lawrence, who fall in love over a weekend wedding that he has hired her to attend as his "fiancee".
Apr 14, 2011 Mary rated it liked it
These were nice romantic short stories all centered around a Christmas theme, all but one were quite sexually graphic.
Jul 07, 2011 Kathy rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016 Drava rated it it was amazing
5 Stars - Just Curious by Jude Deveraux is one of my all-time favorite stories! I don't know how many times I've read it. Mac Taggert is the ideal male - rich, handsome, virile, a gentleman, and wants to talk about Karen's worries. And I'm always a sucker for a man who falls in love at first sight and woes the female with determination without being a total Alpha jerk. A small warning that this was written many years ago (computer disk) but it's still an endearing story that I will read over and ...more
Judith McNaught's story I would give 4 Stars. Contemporary story

Jude Deveraux's story I would give 3 Stars. Contemporary story (a lot like the old 1980's Harlequin

Kimberly Cates story I would give 4 Stars for Christmas themed story. It would make a wonderful Hallmark movie. Historical story.

Judith Obrien's story I would give 2 Stars. The story felt rushed about half the way through. Historical story.

Andrea Kane's story I would give 2 1/2 stars, but that has a lot to do with that I don't care for
Sep 29, 2011 Sadia rated it really liked it
3 stars for "Yuletide Treasure" by Andrea Kane
5 stars for "Five Golden Rings" by Judith O'Brien
Kristi Davis
Mar 05, 2012 Kristi Davis rated it really liked it
Re-read this anthology. LOVE LOVE LOVE Double Exposure by McNaught and Just Curious by Deveraux.

I usually skip the other authors though. What can I say? I have my favorites :)
Jan 04, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
I was absolutely mesmerized in every story of this book! I loved the last story the most, by judith McNaught. :-)
May 22, 2012 Eli rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This is such wonderful collection of books. They're all centered around Christmas and they make you fall in love with love all over again.
Jul 03, 2012 Priscilla rated it really liked it
This anthology was great. The authors made the stories interesting and I flew right through the stories. I am looking forward to reading more books by these authors.
Jul 15, 2012 Roseofpat rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read, romance
I enjoyed the fact that there were 5 great stories all together for good reading during the winter and could get them in one book. Plus I love anything by Judith McNaught.
✧✦♔ⱮČ♕✦✧ (Michelle)
Double Exposure
Spencer Spence Addison and Caroline Corey Foster
3.5/5 Stars

Double Exposure is the first book of Foster series by Judith McNaught. It was also part of the anthology, A Gift of Love.

Favorite Quotes
“I wanted you to kiss me, so I invented Doug Johnson and used him as an excuse. I wanted you to take me to the Christmas formal, so I used Doug’s name again. The only reason I dated boys was so that I’d know to act on a date with you, when you asked me... It was you. It was always you
Dec 18, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Copyrighted 1995 - 2 contemporary & 2 regency type Christmas stories & 1 that is half & half (a paranormal!).

Judith McNaught - 2 stars. Very boring contemporary story that just drags on & on. The first 6 chapters are the female lead acting like an adolescent stalker. By chapter 7 it gets a little better, but still snore worthy.

Jude Deveraux - 4 stars. Ok, I know this contemporary story is really contrived, but I liked it anyway! The Taggert hero in this story actually acts lik
Feb 27, 2014 Aya rated it it was amazing
i can't decide which story i liked the most..each one is excellent in a unique way ,thanks to the writers who allowed me to experience how lovely it was reading this book.
I am not going to finish this book. I wanted to try Judith McNaught since someone has recommended her but I don't enjoy contemporary romance. Can't even get through the first novella.
Anne Marie
Nov 22, 2014 Anne Marie rated it liked it
This book had love stories that were supposed to be Christmas related. I made a review of all the stories.
Double Exposure has the main character, Corey, finally being married to Spencer, a childhood crush. He stood her up at the senior Christmas dance, never hearing from him again until years later when Corey is photographing a wedding on his property in Newport, RI. I could have done without Corey's whining about how she was "tricked" into marrying Spencer, but the perfect Christmas setting
Judy Goodnight
Dec 16, 2014 Judy Goodnight rated it really liked it
Five novellas celebrating love at Christmastime.

My favorites are the stories by Jude Deveraux, Kimberly Cates, and Andrea Kane.

Judith McNaught's story doesn't quite stand the test of time. Judith O'Brien's story is okay.
Sep 10, 2016 Bookabulary rated it really liked it
Review for Double Exposure

I first read about Spence and Cory in Remember When and I loved them there and it wasn't even their book. It's the JM magic at work--making us fall in love and swoony at secondary characters!

This was a great read about second chances with just the right amount of fun and romance. This was a light read and unlike other times when I wish this couple got more than a novella, I will not complain about that here. I guess it's all because I have already read about just how go
Dec 01, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Just Curious - 4 stars for captivating my attention and the heroine, Karen, not being some flaky nitwit. Mac is interesting. Liked his hopeless romantic side. I just wish the book didn't end where it did. Makes me want to write more of the story myself.

Double Exposure - 3 stars, I wish Cory wouldn't have been so whiny. I get it, she's still heartbroken about being stood up as a teenager in love, but c'mon, she's a grown woman now. Get over it.

Gabriel's Angel - 3.5 stars. Wish there would have b
Raving Redcoat
Jan 23, 2016 Raving Redcoat rated it liked it
An entertaining collection of romantic brain candy. Bosums heave, bodices are ripped, cold hearts melt, and charming urchins find loving homes. Pretty much what you would expect from something like this.
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only in My Dreams / White Out
You can find Judith McNaught in facebook:

Judith McNaught is a #1 New York Times Best-Selling Author, with more than forty million copies of her novels in print, in over eighty countries and more than thirty languages. She was also the first female executive producer at a CBS radio station. McNaught is credited with inventing the modern Regency Historical ro
More about Judith McNaught...

Foster Saga (2 books)
  • Remember When (Foster Saga, #2)