Start by marking “Busted (SparkNotes Smart Novels: Vocabulary)” as Want to Read:
Busted (SparkNotes Smart Novels: Vocabulary)

Busted (SparkNotes Smart Novels)

Smart Novels are compelling, full-length novels with edgy and mature themes that will appeal to teens. Each book showcases more than 1,000 vocabulary words frequently included on the SAT. Brief definitions appear on the same page so that readers can quickly access and digest the meanings as they read along.
Published January 12th 2004 by SparkNotes

To ask other readers questions about Busted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Busted

Kassandra
Feb 19, 2014 Kassandra rated it it was amazing
This book is both resourceful and entertaining. They have both fulfilled their 2.5 star quota. Therefore, they have, in my opinion, rightfully earned the title of "5 stars".
Delanie
Feb 19, 2014 Delanie rated it really liked it
Short, sweet, and to the point, this book was a very entertaining way of learning important vocabulary for the SAT. While it wasn't a phenomenal piece of literature, I very much enjoyed the plot and the twist at the end. The worst thing about this book is probably the romance, which, in my opinion, is barely developed and feels a bit rushed (makes sense considering the length of the book) but, I am not quite happy with it regardless. I did enjoy the book as a whole, however, enough to give it fi ...more
Andrea
Feb 19, 2014 Andrea rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Takes a while to get used to the pattern of looking down and the definitions especially since there were so many words I'd never even heard before. It was kinda difficult for me to get past the first quarter, but once I was able to I breezed through it. I really liked the main character, Kim, and the air of mystery. I would actually like to read more about her. It's a short read and definitely worth it if you want to expand your vocabulary. Can't get the word facetious out of my head...
Juan
May 14, 2014 Juan rated it it was amazing
Busted has taught me at least 100+ words I have never even heard of. The plot was pretty cool and I definitely felt productive while reading it. The vocabulary is laid out seamlessly and it makes you forget you're actually studying.
Kendra
Sarina Wong
busted is another book that also teaches us SAT words that we could study from. this book is about how a college freshman, also a cop, goes under cover in a high school to scoop out the local drug ring dealer and supplier. the main character goes through a ton of obstacles and confusing twists. it is a great book because the plot is so descriptive and addicting. for some reason i never wanted to part with the book until i fully finished it. it was just that good! i recommend this book to girls a ...more
Christina
Nov 22, 2008 Christina rated it liked it
Recommended to Christina by: Mom
In order to appease my mom, I read Busted by Emma Harrison. It’s an SAT vocabulary novel that is supposed to be “the painless way to learn SAT vocabulary.”

As far as a novel goes, the story is a quick, easy, and fun read and if you’re looking to build your vocabulary, you’ll find all the words you need along with accurate definitions. Just don’t expect many context clues to help you figure out what they mean for yourself. In the context of SAT prep, these books are awesome. They contain words fro
Kyleta
Oct 27, 2011 Kyleta added it
I thought this was a really good book. My favorite part was when the undercover cop fell for one of the suspects. I liked it when she told him about what happened to her friend. How her friend got high and jumped off the yaught.
Kelsey
Dec 16, 2012 Kelsey rated it liked it
Despite the many grammatical errors, this is a great, fun way for high schoolers to learn their SAT words!
Smohajer
Jun 20, 2014 Smohajer rated it really liked it
It wasn't bad.
Sydney
Dec 22, 2010 Sydney added it
Helps with vocabulary for the SAT!
Gislene
Jan 03, 2014 Gislene rated it it was ok
I had a really hard time keeping up with the plot AND the vocab words at the same time. Other than that a decent read to try to study for the SAT's.
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2013
Triin from T's Bookish Moments
Triin from T's Bookish Moments rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2012
Nari Johnson
Nari Johnson rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2013
Melody
Melody rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Kaela
Kaela rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Christy
Christy rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Katie Loftin
Katie Loftin rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2013
K.B.
K.B. rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2012
Aspen
Aspen rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2012
Shayelynn Antal (Prather)
Shayelynn Antal (Prather) rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2017
Akpop3
Akpop3 rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Airi Chan
Airi Chan rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2011
May
May rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2012
Abby Jensen
Abby Jensen rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »
Many of the editions by this group of authors are actually guides to books rather than the works.

If the author of the SparkNotes is known, they should be the first author. Please leave these SparkNotes Editors as the second author and the author of the original work as the last author. Do not combine with the original work. Do not put the author of the ORIGINAL work first.

Link to discussion.
More about SparkNotes...

SparkNotes Smart Novels (10 books)
  • Gilded Delirium (Smart Novels: U.S. History)
  • Head Over Heels (Smart Novels: Vocabulary)
  • Rave New World (Smart Novels: Vocabulary)
  • Reckless Revolution (Smart Novels: U.S. History)
  • S.C.A.M. (Smart Novels: Vocabulary)
  • Shades of Blue and Gray (Smart Novels: U.S. History)
  • Sun-Kissed (SparkNotes Smart Novels: Vocabulary)
  • A Time for Witches (Smart Novels: U.S. History)
  • Vampire Dreams (Smart Novels: Vocabulary)