Start by marking “Best Laid Plans (Loving Jack, #2)” as Want to Read:
Best Laid Plans (Loving Jack, #2)

Best Laid Plans (Loving Jack #2)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,303 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
When Cody Johnson first caught sight of structural engineer Abra Wilson, he thought of endless possibilities. She had style and confidence--and was distracting as hell. She'd called his design an impractical piece of fancy, but then he'd always preferred frankness to subtleties.
Mass Market Paperback
Published (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Best Laid Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Laid Plans

Married By Morning by Lisa KleypasUnderneath It All by Kate CanterbaryThe Space Between by Kate CanterbaryNeanderthal Seeks Human by Penny ReidNecessary Restorations by Kate Canterbary
Romance Fiction with leads as architects
10th out of 46 books — 14 voters
Vision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
211th out of 211 books — 1,161 voters

More lists with this book...

Mafi
Nov 01, 2015 Mafi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Se o primeiro livro soube a pouco, este segundo encheu-me as medidas! Adorei ler este livrinho e a verdade é que li-o num dia! Comecei de manhã e depois peguei-o à noite e não descansei enquanto não acabei. A ligação que este livro tem com o primeiro é Cody, o sócio de Nathan. Cody, também arquitecto, bonito e atraente, irá encantar-se pela bela ruiva, Abra!
Tanto o arquitecto como esta engenheira de cabelos de cor de fogo, dirigem um projecto em conjunto, uma construção no Arizona que irá dar al
Jacob Proffitt
My hopes for this book were low. The book is late 1980s Nora Roberts, sure, but still 80s and that's been a more miss than hit experience in the past, for me. I was glad to find this one an outlier in that respect, however. Abra and Cody are very 80s characters, though (and not just for their names). Men and women are still working the kinks out of workplace relations in an equal-opportunity era and that's very much on display in this book. And I don't mean that in a bad way. Indeed, it lends th ...more
Heather Scheer
Mar 27, 2013 Heather Scheer rated it liked it
This book is about an architect named Cody and an engineer named Abra. They become involved with each other when Cody travels to the Anigona desert to work on a job site. He drew the plans for the beautiful structure that is going to be a resort. He travels from Anigona to oversee the construction Abra is the engineer in charge of the site and she has not met many architects that she likes or respects. Abra is strong, willed, sensible and tough enough to sand up to any of the male construction w ...more
Missghana77
Jan 23, 2014 Missghana77 rated it liked it
Another no stress, no drama straight forward love story. I must admit I love the first book better than this one. I really enjoyed it.
BJ Rose
A Harlequin-style story of about 20 years ago that was such a waste of my time. I did get some cleaning and gardening done while I listened, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste.

This probably should be a 1* - the audiobook reader had the voice and presentation of a perky high-school cheerleader, and I can't begin to explain how wrong that sounded.
Ana
Aug 11, 2015 Ana rated it really liked it
Ahhhh! I absolutely loved this one!! Can I have a Cody please? I just love this man! I had a great laugh with Abra and Cody being together. Loved the beer scene, that's one of my faves! What a great start lol What more can I say? I loved that Abra didn't keep to herself what she thought and I loved Cody's patience. I wish the final wasn't so rushed (in my opinion it was a bit rushed), I would have added more pages at the end. But that's because I love when the main characters suffer a bit before ...more
Gail Cooke
Nov 07, 2010 Gail Cooke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

If you’re looking for a highly enjoyable seven hours, it would be hard to beat listening to BEST LAID PLANS penned by the estimable Nora Roberts and performed by the accomplished Christopher Lane. Perfect pairing of word and voice!

Earphone and Audie Award winner Lane has narrated over 100 audiobooks in addition to his stage appearances. Once an acting teacher at Boston College his reading is not only listenable but nuance perfect as he becomes Cody Johnson casting an admiring eye on Abra Wils
Uthie Putri Utama
Dalam proyek pembangunan bangunan apa pun itu, sosok berjenis kelamin perempuan cukup jarang dijumpai. Itu sebabnya Cody Johnson, sang arsitek cukup menikmati pemandangan seorang cewek lengkap dengan topi proyeknya di tengah-tengah proyek pembangunan resort yang sedang dikerjakannya.

Cewek itu Abra Wilson. Insyinyur yang menangani pengerjaan proyek resort yang didesain Cody. Dari saat pertama Abra melihat Cody, ia langsung tidak senang. Jelas! Tingkah Cody cukup menyebalkan. Bersantai di ruangan
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Jatuh cinta tidak masuk dalam rencana hidup Abra, rencana utamanya adalah menyelesaikan proyek terakhirnya di Thornway, dan kemudian keluar untuk membuka bisnis sendiri. Dan menjengkelkan sekali ternyata arsitek proyek ini memiliki rancangan yang sulit sekali sehingga sebelum bertemu dengan sang arsitek, Abra memiliki image negative terhadap Cody.
Cody pun tidak berniat untuk jatuh cinta kepada Abra, tanpa disadarinya dia malah membelikan ABra sebuah kalung yang semula disangka Abra hanya kaca be
Julie Barrett
Jul 19, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
Best Laid Plans by Nora Roberts
Abra Red Wilson (she's got red hair) was in charge of the resort, her biggest project yet and she had to work the hours and put in the time to bring it to the end and under budget.
Cody Johnson, architect was an obstacle she couldn't wait to get through.
Love the process of a building going up, all the tiny details. Nothing was overlooked on her watch. She wants the project to move smoothly.
He's been there to help her even change her tire on the car although she can
Chrissy
Feb 09, 2016 Chrissy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Cody and Abra's story. They are both headstrong, proud and each worked hard to find success.

Abra has a somewhat typical NR mother figure. Pretty, flighty and many husbands. This makes Abra more on the gun shy side of things when it comes to men.

Although the 'falling in love part' was a bit fast- they had a rather fun relationship. Their banter of the architect vs the structural engineer was entertaining and even something I have seen first hand.
Becky
Mar 02, 2015 Becky rated it it was amazing
Structural engineer Abra Wilson meets architect Cody Johnson on site. Abra has no love for architects and her first meeting with Cody has her dumping beer over his head. Abra is not happy with the designs and outlays of the new expensive luxury hotel. Sparks fly at work and hot sparks as their relationship starts up.It was a fun book to read, and I really enjoyed how the little sub-plots came all together in the end. Its an older book of Ms Roberts. You can really see and read how far she has co ...more
Mom
Nov 02, 2010 Mom rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-during-2010
Very good!!

Abra had met men like Cody before. They usually thought they could smile their way out of trouble, and this overconfident East Coast architect was no exception. She'd told him to back off, but he wasn't listen
Ita
Aug 22, 2014 Ita rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, audio
Well written, but I guess I wasn't in the right mood for a romance, so just found it OK. Typical NR series romanace. The ending was overdone IMO.
Shanon Russell
Jul 05, 2016 Shanon Russell rated it liked it
Just an easy summer read. The fact that everyone smokes, and does so indoors is a constant reminder of the age of this book.
Nicole Kull
My first book of her and now I have more than 20 of her books
Tracy Gilson
Nov 17, 2014 Tracy Gilson rated it liked it
Ok read. I love Nora Roberts. This was a fun book.
Riona
This is the second book in Nora Robert's Loving Jack series.

This is Cody and Abra's story.

Cody and Abra both have put a lot into their careers. They butt heads on several issues, but despite Abra's desire to keep things professional sparks fly. The only problem is that someone is trying to destroy the project both have been working on. And safety isn't a concern for the saboteur.

This is a pretty good book, but not the best I've read from Nora. I'm a newish Nora fan, so I have a hard time rememb
Diana
Oct 18, 2012 Diana rated it it was ok
I wanted to read a "fluffy" book and not have to think too much. I certainly made the correct selection. Cody is an achitect on a new job when he spots Abra, a construction engineer, working on the same job. Needless to say,after some conflict, a romance begins. Of course, Abra, is not a willing participant as she has had a bad romance. This flows along until almost the end of the book when a real story line emerges.
I have read other Nora Roberts books that were much better than this one. Woul
Deedee
Feb 12, 2015 Deedee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun audio book listen.
Barbara James
Jan 27, 2016 Barbara James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
nora roberts
Maggie
Nov 01, 2010 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 *

Of the Loving Jack series, this is my favorite one. Although that is because I liked it better than Loving Jack and I didn't even realize there was a book #3. I read this a couple of years ago and decided to check it out on audio when it came available at the library. I liked this story a lot, it was certainly one of Nora Robert's earlier books and you can see how far she has come in the years since this was published. Good narration. I'll look for Loving Jack #3 but only if I can find it o
Glenn Harris
Jul 14, 2012 Glenn Harris rated it liked it
Darn. I thought this was one of Roberts' newer books but it's a re-issue of one of her early romances. In the first half, our handsome "hero" seems like an immature jerk who would make the average stalker look restrained and our "heroine" seems foolish to decide that therefore he's just wonderful. Then, thankfully, in the second half, after they're together and treating each other more as equals, it takes on a bit of the flavor of Roberts' later romantic suspense novels and it's somewhat better.
Olga
Dec 24, 2015 Olga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very very nice. I liked it very much.
Sonia Cristina
Finalmente, li este livrinho. Tinha lido o título anterior e só me lembro de não ter gostado.

Não foi fácil gostar deste, até meio do livro irritei-me mesmo com a mania e teimosia da protagonista, Abra. Depois, quando ela e Cody se tornaram amantes e ela começou a aceitar e ficou mais calma, aí sim, comecei a gostar e terminei o livro com muito boa impressão.

O epílogo - um epílogo de Nora Roberts! - foi muito querido e ficou tão bem para terminar.
Ayu Wirdha
Jan 20, 2014 Ayu Wirdha rated it really liked it
Kenapa namanya heroine-nya Abra? Serasa jadi abrakadabra
Patrícia
Nora , supreendeste-me bastante neste livro. Já ia a pensar que seria muito idêntico ao 1º desta trilogia, mas a verdade é que é bem mais emocionante, cativante e divertido. As personagens são mais realistas e tem momento de humor hilariante. Gostei bastante.
Lani
Dec 09, 2010 Lani rated it really liked it
I listened to this on audiobook. I enjoyed the increase in action in this book versus other Nora Roberts that I've heard. I loved that the couple actually bonded through their fighting. I thought that was unique and realistic.
Anne
Dec 30, 2013 Anne rated it liked it
Nora Roberts always delivers a fun, predictable, easy read. This was no exception.
Emelie Johansson
This was an okey read, I did not love the characters or the story but I enjoyed it. It was funny at some parts and emotional at others. It took a while to get in to the story, but the end was really exciting.
  • The Sicilian Surrender = Terpikat Sang Pria Sisilia (O'Connells, #2)
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The English Doctor's Baby (Westerling, #3)
  • The Italian Boss's Secretary Mistress
  • Hot Boss, Boardroom Mistress
  • The Magnate's Mistress
  • An Arabian Marriage (Sister Brides, #1)
  • Birmingham Rose
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • Coercion to Love
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Christmas Cowboy - Natal Sang Koboi
  • Ya, Saya Bersedia, Tapi... (I Do, I Do... For Now)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Loving Jack (3 books)
  • Loving Jack
  • Lawless (Loving Jack, #3)