Start by marking “Best Laid Plans (Loving Jack, #2)” as Want to Read:
Best Laid Plans (Loving Jack, #2)

Best Laid Plans (Love by Design: Jack's Stories #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,033 ratings  ·  37 reviews
When Cody Johnson first caught sight of structural engineer Abra Wilson, he thought of endless possibilities. She had style and confidence--and was distracting as hell. She'd called his design an impractical piece of fancy, but then he'd always preferred frankness to subtleties.
Mass Market Paperback
Published (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Best Laid Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Laid Plans

Vision in White by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
200th out of 200 books — 964 voters
Checkmate by R.L. MathewsonConstruction Beauty Queen by Sara  DanielWhen Good Things Happen To Bad Boys by Lori FosterThe Mane Squeeze by Shelly LaurenstonThe Viking Takes a Knight by Sandra Hill
Female construction worker/contractor
5th out of 17 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Mafi
Se o primeiro livro soube a pouco, este segundo encheu-me as medidas! Adorei ler este livrinho e a verdade é que li-o num dia! Comecei de manhã e depois peguei-o à noite e não descansei enquanto não acabei. A ligação que este livro tem com o primeiro é Cody, o sócio de Nathan. Cody, também arquitecto, bonito e atraente, irá encantar-se pela bela ruiva, Abra!
Tanto o arquitecto como esta engenheira de cabelos de cor de fogo, dirigem um projecto em conjunto, uma construção no Arizona que irá dar al
Jacob Proffitt
My hopes for this book were low. The book is late 1980s Nora Roberts, sure, but still 80s and that's been a more miss than hit experience in the past, for me. I was glad to find this one an outlier in that respect, however. Abra and Cody are very 80s characters, though (and not just for their names). Men and women are still working the kinks out of workplace relations in an equal-opportunity era and that's very much on display in this book. And I don't mean that in a bad way. Indeed, it lends th ...more
Heather Scheer
This book is about an architect named Cody and an engineer named Abra. They become involved with each other when Cody travels to the Anigona desert to work on a job site. He drew the plans for the beautiful structure that is going to be a resort. He travels from Anigona to oversee the construction Abra is the engineer in charge of the site and she has not met many architects that she likes or respects. Abra is strong, willed, sensible and tough enough to sand up to any of the male construction w ...more
Missghana77
Another no stress, no drama straight forward love story. I must admit I love the first book better than this one. I really enjoyed it.
BJ Rose
A Harlequin-style story of about 20 years ago that was such a waste of my time. I did get some cleaning and gardening done while I listened, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste.

This probably should be a 1* - the audiobook reader had the voice and presentation of a perky high-school cheerleader, and I can't begin to explain how wrong that sounded.
Gail Cooke

If you’re looking for a highly enjoyable seven hours, it would be hard to beat listening to BEST LAID PLANS penned by the estimable Nora Roberts and performed by the accomplished Christopher Lane. Perfect pairing of word and voice!

Earphone and Audie Award winner Lane has narrated over 100 audiobooks in addition to his stage appearances. Once an acting teacher at Boston College his reading is not only listenable but nuance perfect as he becomes Cody Johnson casting an admiring eye on Abra Wils
Uthie
Dalam proyek pembangunan bangunan apa pun itu, sosok berjenis kelamin perempuan cukup jarang dijumpai. Itu sebabnya Cody Johnson, sang arsitek cukup menikmati pemandangan seorang cewek lengkap dengan topi proyeknya di tengah-tengah proyek pembangunan resort yang sedang dikerjakannya.

Cewek itu Abra Wilson. Insyinyur yang menangani pengerjaan proyek resort yang didesain Cody. Dari saat pertama Abra melihat Cody, ia langsung tidak senang. Jelas! Tingkah Cody cukup menyebalkan. Bersantai di ruangan
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Jatuh cinta tidak masuk dalam rencana hidup Abra, rencana utamanya adalah menyelesaikan proyek terakhirnya di Thornway, dan kemudian keluar untuk membuka bisnis sendiri. Dan menjengkelkan sekali ternyata arsitek proyek ini memiliki rancangan yang sulit sekali sehingga sebelum bertemu dengan sang arsitek, Abra memiliki image negative terhadap Cody.
Cody pun tidak berniat untuk jatuh cinta kepada Abra, tanpa disadarinya dia malah membelikan ABra sebuah kalung yang semula disangka Abra hanya kaca be
Julie Barrett
Best Laid Plans by Nora Roberts
Abra Red Wilson (she's got red hair) was in charge of the resort, her biggest project yet and she had to work the hours and put in the time to bring it to the end and under budget.
Cody Johnson, architect was an obstacle she couldn't wait to get through.
Love the process of a building going up, all the tiny details. Nothing was overlooked on her watch. She wants the project to move smoothly.
He's been there to help her even change her tire on the car although she can
Duncan Mandel
SUMMARY:
She was the sexiest thing in a hard hat that architect Cody Johnson had ever seen, but structural engineer Abra Wilson also had a will as strong as a steel girder - and just about as flexible. But Cody had plans for Abra that not even this spirited beauty could resist...
Mom
Very good!!

Abra had met men like Cody before. They usually thought they could smile their way out of trouble, and this overconfident East Coast architect was no exception. She'd told him to back off, but he wasn't listen
Ita
Well written, but I guess I wasn't in the right mood for a romance, so just found it OK. Typical NR series romanace. The ending was overdone IMO.
Tracy Gilson
Ok read. I love Nora Roberts. This was a fun book.
Riona
This is the second book in Nora Robert's Loving Jack series.

This is Cody and Abra's story.

Cody and Abra both have put a lot into their careers. They butt heads on several issues, but despite Abra's desire to keep things professional sparks fly. The only problem is that someone is trying to destroy the project both have been working on. And safety isn't a concern for the saboteur.

This is a pretty good book, but not the best I've read from Nora. I'm a newish Nora fan, so I have a hard time rememb
Diana
I wanted to read a "fluffy" book and not have to think too much. I certainly made the correct selection. Cody is an achitect on a new job when he spots Abra, a construction engineer, working on the same job. Needless to say,after some conflict, a romance begins. Of course, Abra, is not a willing participant as she has had a bad romance. This flows along until almost the end of the book when a real story line emerges.
I have read other Nora Roberts books that were much better than this one. Woul
Maggie
3.5 *

Of the Loving Jack series, this is my favorite one. Although that is because I liked it better than Loving Jack and I didn't even realize there was a book #3. I read this a couple of years ago and decided to check it out on audio when it came available at the library. I liked this story a lot, it was certainly one of Nora Robert's earlier books and you can see how far she has come in the years since this was published. Good narration. I'll look for Loving Jack #3 but only if I can find it o
Glenn Harris
Darn. I thought this was one of Roberts' newer books but it's a re-issue of one of her early romances. In the first half, our handsome "hero" seems like an immature jerk who would make the average stalker look restrained and our "heroine" seems foolish to decide that therefore he's just wonderful. Then, thankfully, in the second half, after they're together and treating each other more as equals, it takes on a bit of the flavor of Roberts' later romantic suspense novels and it's somewhat better.
Sonia Cristina
Finalmente, li este livrinho. Tinha lido o título anterior e só me lembro de não ter gostado.

Não foi fácil gostar deste, até meio do livro irritei-me mesmo com a mania e teimosia da protagonista, Abra. Depois, quando ela e Cody se tornaram amantes e ela começou a aceitar e ficou mais calma, aí sim, comecei a gostar e terminei o livro com muito boa impressão.

O epílogo - um epílogo de Nora Roberts! - foi muito querido e ficou tão bem para terminar.
Ayu Wirdha
Kenapa namanya heroine-nya Abra? Serasa jadi abrakadabra
Patrícia
Nora , supreendeste-me bastante neste livro. Já ia a pensar que seria muito idêntico ao 1º desta trilogia, mas a verdade é que é bem mais emocionante, cativante e divertido. As personagens são mais realistas e tem momento de humor hilariante. Gostei bastante.
Lani
I listened to this on audiobook. I enjoyed the increase in action in this book versus other Nora Roberts that I've heard. I loved that the couple actually bonded through their fighting. I thought that was unique and realistic.
Anne
Nora Roberts always delivers a fun, predictable, easy read. This was no exception.
Emelie Johansson
This was an okey read, I did not love the characters or the story but I enjoyed it. It was funny at some parts and emotional at others. It took a while to get in to the story, but the end was really exciting.
Zunaira Ghazal
I actually read this one right before i applied for my bachelors in Architecture. Needless to say, it was amusing as hell. I loved the chemistry between Cody and Abra. Also, it made me laugh so hard!
Shannon Mitrovich
This was a cute story. I liked it throughout. However, its nothing fantastic to write home about. It was like watching a good Lifetime movie. I enjoy Nora Roberts from time to time.
Melanie♥
Three stars for the story.
Four stars for the audiobook.
The story seems to show it's age, but the narrator did a very nice job for an enjoyable "read."
Alice
Two of Roberts' older books. I would've given this 3 or 4 stars if Best Laid Plans linked the characters from Loving Jack more cohesively.
Yona
it was nice book, but i hate when the end is years from now, i like to read for what is happening now not what is it 5 years from now......
Ridez Meiriza
rerun...gara2 ga dapat harle baru di rentalan

*kepengen baca gara2 chiko ngomongin buku ini di fb hehehe
Yoshe
but I have the Indonesian ones - Harlequin version (Language of Flowers)
  • An Arabian Marriage (Harlequin Presents, #2271) (Sister Brides, #1)
  • The English Doctor's Baby (Westerling, #3)
  • The Magnate's Mistress
  • Husband by the Hour (Silhouette Special Edition, #1099)
  • The Playboy & Plain Jane (Dynasties: The Barones #1)
  • The Perfect Father (The Crightons) (Harlequin Presents # 2092)
  • Menjalani Pernikahan (To Make A Marriage) - Bachelor Sisters Book 3
  • Sean's Reckoning
  • Raintree: Haunted (Raintree, #2)
  • The Bachelor's Wedding (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • The Sicilian Surrender (O'Connells, #2)
  • On Thin Ice
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Raintree: Sanctuary (Raintree, #3)
  • Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War 3-Book Boxed Set: The Red Queen, The White Queen, and The Lady of the Rivers
  • The Cowgirl In Question (McCalls' Montana #1)
  • Bossman Billionaire
  • Bought By The Greek Tycoon
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

Love by Design: Jack's Stories (3 books)
  • Lawless
  • Loving Jack (Silhouette Special Edition #499)