Start by marking “Read On... Life Stories: Reading Lists for Every Taste” as Want to Read:
Read On... Life Stories: Reading Lists for Every Taste

Read On... Life Stories: Reading Lists for Every Taste

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  10 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
With the genre of memoirs filled with so many titles and from such a variety of authors, it is hard to grasp what's available and what's worth reading. For all those who love delving into the lives of others, this "Read On " volume offers help.

"Read On Life Stories: Reading Lists for Every Taste" offers brief descriptions of nearly 450 published memoirs, from classics like
Published September 23rd 2009 by Libraries Unlimited (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Read On... Life Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Read On... Life Stories

Bookclubcheerleader
Mar 10, 2012 Bookclubcheerleader rated it it was amazing
Books! Not only do I love books, themselves: novels, memoirs, mysteries, histories—I love to read books about books!

The latest Must-Buy I picked up is a book about Memoirs—Read On…Life Stories by Rosalind Reisner. Rosalind is heading up a new team I joined (well, I’m really the newbie—the team has existed for years in association with Women’s National Book Association) to select this year’s Great Group Reads in celebration of National Reading Group Month in October. After reading Rosalind’s bio,
Carol
Apr 16, 2010 Carol rated it it was amazing
Shelves: readers-advisory
If you're looking for that next perfect biograhphy or memoir, than this is the book for you. Chock full of reading lists with thoughtful annotations, there are as the substitle claims, reading for every taste. Seperated into five chapters, the lists reflect character, story, setting, language, and mood. Each segment includes a best book to start with if you are not certain where to begin and award books are noted. The index is helpful for finding other like titles of one you've enjoyed. Just loo ...more
Amanda
Dec 10, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
Wonderfully detailed and organized. If you enjoy memoirs this is a great book for you because you can browse through each section to find the next book you want to read... I personally think this is a great book and really useful!!
Kristine
Mar 24, 2010 Kristine rated it it was ok
This is a book filled with suggested books for many different kinds of biographies and autobiographies. I was disappointed that it contained so few British and Early American Biographies that I am interested in. However, I did highlight about a dozen books I plan to read someday.
Neil
Nov 12, 2009 Neil rated it it was amazing
One of the best entries I've seen yet in our Read On... series. My only wish is that it had been about 100 pages longer. This is a big portion of the reading market and I'd like to explore more of it than this.
Kuan
Kuan rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2013
Margaret
Margaret rated it did not like it
Oct 24, 2014
Rosalind Reisner
Dec 08, 2009 Rosalind Reisner rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marianne
Marianne rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2010
Lynne Davis
Lynne Davis rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2009
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2009
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2009
Adrianna
Adrianna marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2009
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2009
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2009
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2009
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2009
Lain
Lain marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2009
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2009
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2009
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2009
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2009
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2009
Katey
Katey marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2009
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2009
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2009
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2009
Catherine Dover Stetson
Catherine Dover Stetson marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2010
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2011
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2012
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2012
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Yasmine Dero
Yasmine Dero marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014