Start by marking “Read On... Life Stories: Reading Lists for Every Taste” as Want to Read:
Read On... Life Stories: Reading Lists for Every Taste

Read On... Life Stories: Reading Lists for Every Taste

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
With the genre of memoirs filled with so many titles and from such a variety of authors, it is hard to grasp what's available and what's worth reading. For all those who love delving into the lives of others, this "Read On..." volume offers help.

"Read On...Life Stories: Reading Lists for Every Taste" offers brief descriptions of nearly 450 published memoirs, from classics
Published September 23rd 2009 by Libraries Unlimited (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Read On... Life Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Read On... Life Stories

Bookclubcheerleader
Books! Not only do I love books, themselves: novels, memoirs, mysteries, histories—I love to read books about books!

The latest Must-Buy I picked up is a book about Memoirs—Read On…Life Stories by Rosalind Reisner. Rosalind is heading up a new team I joined (well, I’m really the newbie—the team has existed for years in association with Women’s National Book Association) to select this year’s Great Group Reads in celebration of National Reading Group Month in October. After reading Rosalind’s bio,
Carol
If you're looking for that next perfect biograhphy or memoir, than this is the book for you. Chock full of reading lists with thoughtful annotations, there are as the substitle claims, reading for every taste. Seperated into five chapters, the lists reflect character, story, setting, language, and mood. Each segment includes a best book to start with if you are not certain where to begin and award books are noted. The index is helpful for finding other like titles of one you've enjoyed. Just loo ...more
Kristine
This is a book filled with suggested books for many different kinds of biographies and autobiographies. I was disappointed that it contained so few British and Early American Biographies that I am interested in. However, I did highlight about a dozen books I plan to read someday.
Amanda
Wonderfully detailed and organized. If you enjoy memoirs this is a great book for you because you can browse through each section to find the next book you want to read... I personally think this is a great book and really useful!!
Neil
One of the best entries I've seen yet in our Read On... series. My only wish is that it had been about 100 pages longer. This is a big portion of the reading market and I'd like to explore more of it than this.
Tessa Smith
Tessa Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Yasmine Dero
Yasmine Dero marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Staci
Staci marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2012
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2011
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
May 14, 2011
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2010
Rosalind Reisner
Dec 08, 2009 Rosalind Reisner rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2009
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2009
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2009
Katey
Katey marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2009