Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors, #4)

Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors #4)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  2,872 ratings  ·  142 reviews
The most combative—and tormented—of all the Ferals, Jag is a predator who hunts alone - until daemons terrorize the human population. To stop them, he partners with Olivia, a flame-haired Therian temptress as strong as she is beautiful. But Olivia is no ordinary immortal. The survivor of a vicious supernatural attack, she possesses a deadly and forbidden skill— one that mu...more
Published June 29th 2010 by Avon

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardInsatiable by Lauren DaneCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Hottest Guy on a Cover
217th out of 1,098 books — 1,538 voters
Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeCaressed By Ice by Nalini SinghKiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Hot Shapeshifter Romances
104th out of 628 books — 560 voters

More lists with this book...

Laurie (Bitten by Romance)
I have to say this is my favorite in this series so far. It held me captivate to see how this Feral Warrior was going to let go of this tormented soul. The detail the author gives you is nothing short to leave someone in awe. You also get a lot of action from both the hero and heroine.

Warning here please note this is on the darker side of paranormal so be careful this one has torture as in physically and mentally. Even with the abuse its well worth trying to read this book. Pamela is one that c...more
WildAboutBones
Shapeshifters, daemons, dradens, mages, Therians and humans meet in this fourth Feral Warriors series book in a war of good versus evil to keep (or release from, depending on what side they are on) the High Daemon Satanan imprisoned.

Olivia, draden-kissed when her mom was killed by the draden (remnants of daemons) when she was only seven, is doomed to suck the life force from those around her if she didn't quickly learn to turn down the feeding to a trickle. They would kill her, even after more t...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
My favorite so far. Up to this point, Jag has been a total jackass. At times, he even goes beyond being just a smartass. He is mean and hurtful, but everyone just takes it and makes excuses for him. It is nice to see how that all changes and where his loyalties lie. Hope this is a sign of what's to come in the next book.
Kaleigha

I struggle a bit with this series from Pamela Palmer. I don't dislike them, as a rule, but I don't actually anticipate them, either. For me they are a quick read in between the other series I eagerly follow. But this one was a bit different for me. I found myself skimming about the last half, and didn't feel like I missed much.

The problem was that I didn't feel anything for either main character. Now usually I am rough on the leading ladies, but I pretty much always connect with the males. Here,...more
Melindeeloo
Bad Kitty

Jag is the Feral Warrior with bad attitude who is always stirring up trouble with his brother warriors. Olivia is not one of the elite shifting Ferals, but a Guardian for their magical race. Olivia becomes the target for Jag's nasty mouth when she and her team arrive to help the Feral Warriors to track down daemons preying on the local humans. Jag doesn't see Olivia as a fellow warrior, but as a potential bedmate - just another in a long string - but Olivia has a secret, a curse, but o...more
Darcy
Feb 17, 2011 Darcy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
When I saw this book dealt with Jag, I wondered how the author would make this character likable because up to this point he has been an ass, barely able to be controlled by Lyon.

I was glad to see that he didn't do an automatic change when he meet the girl. In fact he was such a bastard to her that I didn't think he would win her over. Of course Olivia had her own secrets, which made her more than a match for Jag.

I did find it interesting that the only way that Jag was able to start a sexual re...more
Barbara
I always have a blurb as part of my reviews at my site. This is my summary and to be honest the most important part of the review. if you wish to read the whole review you are welcome to visit my site at www.risquereviews.com Pamela book under shape-shifter.

Rapture Untamed is a perfect title for this book. There is nothing tame in this book, actually at times it’s even a bit disturbing. Pamela Palmer has taken a big chance in the direction she takes with the two main characters. Some may find it...more
Paranormal Haven
We finally learn why Jag is so sarcastic and antagonizing to, well everyone. He punishes himself for what happen centuries ago by driving everyone close to him away. That's until the fiery Olivia refuses to put up with his nonsense. Olivia isn't without her own demons. A secret that she has kept hidden for years could threatens her life if anyone found out. Guess who happen to stumble upon it? That's right, Jag and he is using it as leverage to finally get the close to the woman he wants more th...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
This is my favorite book of the Feral Warrior series thus far. I like the story where the jerk is brought down, or in this case meets his match. Jag has been an ass from the beginning of the series. He has always instigated arguments and fights with his fellow warriors. He has given all of the other Warriors cruel and childish nicknames. He makes very harsh comments that are sexual in nature to Delaney. There has to be a reason he would behave this way. The readers are finally given his story. T...more
Ashley
I loved this book. It is far the best book in the series. I liked the chemistry between Jag and Olivia. Their sex scenes are pretty intense involving some dominance /slave play. I would not recommend this book to anyone who is sensitive about this topic (sexual dominance). What I mean by "sensitive" is that if the reader has experienced some form of abuse with sex in specific then it would not be a good idea for him/her to read this novel.

By reading all books in this series, I had developed som...more
Naudia
I'd read a lot of reviews, even the ones with spoilers which i usually avoid, so i knew what i was getting into...at least i thought i did.

(view spoiler)...more
Jenny Callahan
Another solid addition to the Feral Warriors series, and my favorite thus far. Jag is the main character in this book. Jag is the self-proclaimed outcast of the group, his motto: hurt them before they can hurt me. He is surly, prickly, and highly antagonistic towards the other warriors and their mates. The only one in the house he seems to have a soft spot for is Pink. Lyon and the others only tolerate Jag due to their dwindling numbers. Lyon has tried everything to break through Jags impenetrab...more
Jessica
Warning: contains "Scottish" brogue and coerced sex by the hero.

It starts off by jabbing pointy objects into my ears... oh, sorry, that should be... it starts off in Romancelandia Scottish dialect. Fortunately, after the prologue that pretense is dropped.

The world-building is just as confusing as in previous books in the series (it's all blah blah cheesy blah to me), so I don't think it really matters whether you've read anything else in the series yet or not.

The story: also cheesy. I think I wo...more
Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy
Well its official. Jag would have to be my favourite feral so far. I knew this one was going to be good. He was always in the background of the other books with the smart ase comments. He did not let me down. Jag was funny as, sexy as and touching as. He and Olivia made a really good team fighting the Daemon/Draden/Mage. She feels his pain with the history she had growing up and is the only one who cracked his hard heart shell.

I loved this book and am giving it to my BFF nagging her to read quic...more
Tammy O'sullivan
The previous books were difficult for me to start but as I got through the first few chapters they really improved and grabbed me. Unlike the other books, this one captured me from the start. Yay! One of the things I like most about these books are how different they all feel. Each new heroine has a completely different skill set that, while they could be dangerous they can also be extremely helpful for the Ferals. I really like that about these books. Many shapeshifter books often feel similar,...more
Ren
Jag such an arse, and I hate what he have done to Olivia, despite his tortured and tormented past. That's the reason why I give just 4 stars, even Feral Warriors is one of my favorite series, and I love Pamela Palmer's writing style (just forget the silly names of the Ferals :P)

At last he have the best cover at this series *snicker*...
Mistress SuckMyBlackDagger
I really love Pamela Palmer's Feral Warrior series and this one is as great as the rest. Oh hell yeah! Jag is such a witty and tormented soul. I love it! He is one sexy beast. I liked the dynamics between Olivia and Jag 100%. They are just my style. I can't wait to see what happens with this storyline and the next sexy shifter!
Sarah MacLean
Just finished RU...my favorite so far of the Feral Warriors series...Jag has been my favorite warrior from the very beginning. I am still sighing in a puddle of lovely and therefore unable to be articulate...suffice to say, Pamela Palmer has done it again! Can't wait for the next one!
Julie *-*
Wow. What a book. Took me about 6 hours to finish the book. I just couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the next one to come out. This book was hot, steamy and action packed all at once. Great job Pamela Palmer. You have a new fan!
Melissa Wallen joseph
one of my favorites!! the bad boy story. so loved it!!
Amy Jacobs
Let me tell you straight off the bat, Jag is one hot mo-fo! Seriously! Yes he is arrogant and a pain in the wazoo at times, but he does not lack in sexuality and form. Whew. I was hoping he would jump off the page and come alive before my eyes.

Author Pamela Palmer definitely upped the sexiness factor in this series with Rapture Untamed. What starts out as a playful game between Olivia and Jag, slowly turns into an explosive -- and at times rough -- game of wills and sex. Jag has had some things...more
Kyami
Ooop, I accidentally picked this up, thinking it was the first book in the series. I really hate reading books out of order. Normally I wouldn't read the book until I read the other ones first. In this case, I couldn't book the book down and finished it the same day!!!

This story shows how not every tale has to be a fairytale to end up good. Jag is a real man, and sometimes real men are very, very naughty. So, it goes without saying that this book isnt for "I only like prince charming types". Rea...more
May Mostly Romance
หลังจากทนอ่านนางเอกที่ใช้ชีวิตแบบตกเป็นเหยื่อมาตลอด เล่มนี้คนแต่งได้นำเสนอสิ่งที่แตกต่างออกไป และเราค่อนข้างชอบมากกว่าเยอะเลยค่ะ เพราะโอลิเวียไม่ใช่เหยื่อ เธออาจจะมีความลับที่ต้องปกปิด มีการกระทำที่ตัวเองต้องเสียใจ แต่เธอก้าวข้ามสิ่งเหล่านั้นไปได้ และใช้ชีวิตที่แม้จะไม่อาจเรียกได้ว่ามีความสุข แต่มันก็เป็นชีวิตที่เธอเลือก ไม่ใช่สิ่งที่เธอต้องยอมรับจากคนอื่น

ในขณะที่คาแร็คเตอร์ของพระเอกดูน่าสนใจในตอนแรก เพราะแจ๊คเป็น Feral Warrior ที่ปากเสีย และไม่ค่อยพยายามที่จะสร้างความเป็นมิตรกับเพื่อนนักรบคนอื่...more
Lauren
Rapture Untamed
4 Stars

Synopsis:
The most antagonistic and anti-social of the feral warriors, Jag must partner with the beautiful and enigmatic Olivia, a member of the Therian Guard. However, Olivia is no ordinary immortal and possesses forbidden powers that must be kept hidden from her race. Will Jag discover her secret and what will he do with his dangerous knowledge?

Review:
Once again, the plot is engrossing and the intricacy of the Feral Warriors’ world just gets better and better.

The character...more
Natasja
Olivia was the only survivor of an attack from the draden when she was young. It appears she’s now draden kissed, which means she now possess the deadly ability to drain the dradens but also humans and other creatures. She knows she must keep this hidden from her own people, but especially from the Feral Warriors. Now she is a member of the Therian Guard for more than three hundred years and has been send to aid the Feral Warriors in their battle against Satanan and his army.

Jag is one of the Fe...more
Brie
Once again, I loved this book! Jag can be a complete jackass but he's still super sexy and funny. I usually hate the females/heroines in books, but I've got to say that I really like the chicks in this series. Their all tough and smart and ready to kick ass to defend their warriors. I really love them, particularly Delaney and Olivia, especially Olivia. I liked how she had no problem breaking Jag's bones and making him bleed. I like girls who aren't afraid to take care of themselves and don't ne...more
Jag has been my favorite Feral so far, and his story did not disappoint. I loved that Olivia gave it as good as she got. I loved that along with fighting with Jag and his barbs she is fighting for him. It's not that she falls in love so quickly, but she recognizes in him the same darkness that drove her for decades and she just genuinely aches for him. Then to see that ache turn into deeper feelings was great.

Jag, in turn, yearns to break Olivia, not permanently, but just to enough to see her gi...more
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Olivia is called upon by the feral warriors to help stop the daemon threat as a member of the Therian Guard. Jag and Olivia have a bit of a rough start, with jag making a disrespectful pass at Olivia who always demands respect and will not settle for anything less, though that does not stop her from desiring him. Jag cannot help but desire Olivia; he loves a strong woman, the more he resists him, the more he wants her;

“Those eyes flickered over him now. Her gaze tried to dismiss him, yet couldn

MsRomanticReads

This was the story I'd been waiting for since the beginning of the series! Jag, the most tormented and "abrasive" of all the Feral Warriors finally gets to tell his story. Not only was I curious why he was the way he was, but I wondered what type of woman the author would come up with, to help Jag become the man that most of the women knew was lurking under his bad attitude. I wasn't disappointed.

Olivia of the Therian Guard has been keeping a dangerous secret all her life. Her special skill woul...more
Duesterwald-Online
Inhalt:
Seit einer halben Ewigkeit ist Jag ein klassischer Einzelkämpfer. Mit aller Macht stößt er jeden in seiner Umgebung vor den Kopf und hält jeden auf Abstand. Doch als die Bedrohung durch die Dämonen und Hexer für die Menschheit immer größer wird, muss Jag mit der Kriegerin Olivia zusammenarbeiten.

Leichter gesagt als getan, dann Jag fühlt sich zu der toughen Kriegerin hingezogen, ohne zu wissen, dass auch Olivia einiges in ihrem Leben verheimlicht und keine normale Sterbliche ist.

Doch als...more
Pamela Palmer's S...: Rapture Untamed - Book 4 1 4 Jul 12, 2012 04:16PM
  • Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)
  • Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)
  • His Darkest Embrace (Jaguar Warriors, #2)
  • Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4)
  • Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2)
  • Bitten by Cupid (Includes: Argeneau, #12.5; Offspring, #2.5; Feral Warriors, #3.5)
  • Warrior Avenged (Sons of the Zodiac, #2)
  • Kiss of Fate  (Dragonfire, #3)
  • Atlantis Redeemed (Warriors of Poseidon, #5)
  • Eternal Prey (Gods of the Night, #3)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #6)
  • Possess Me at Midnight (Doomsday Brethren, #3)
  • Master of Smoke (Mageverse, #7)
  • Burning Skies (Guardians of Ascension, #2)
  • Immortal Warrior (Immortal Brotherhood, #1)
  • Dire Desires (Eternal Wolf Clan, #3)
  • Tempting the Fire (ACRO, #5)
Pamela Palmer is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Feral Warriors shape-shifter series, the Esri Series, and (coming in 2012) the Vamp City series. Raised in an Air Force family, Pamela lived in eleven different houses by the time she was fourteen. The two constants in her life—her family and her imagination. When her initial career goal of captaining starships didn't pan...more
More about Pamela Palmer...
Desire Untamed (Feral Warriors, #1) Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2) Passion Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3) Ecstasy Untamed (Feral Warriors, #6) Hunger Untamed (Feral Warriors, #5)