Heart of Stone

Heart of Stone (Long, Tall Texans #32)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,090 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Keely Welsh had a difficult childhood, feeling unwanted and unloved. Now living in Jacobsville again, she rediscovers Boone Sinclair, a rancher with his own demons. Though Boone has always seemed arrogant, his simmering sensuality is on full display. Boone Sinclair is tall, strong, and handsome. A businessman and a rancher, Boone has it all -- except for Keely Welsh. From...more
Hardcover, Large print, 271 pages
Published October 1st 2008 by Center Point (first published September 1st 2007)

Isis FG
Standard Diana Palmer fare. Although I didn't mind the book, liked it to a certain degree, there wasn't really anything unique about it. Her books are generally rather formulaic, but this one seemed like a re-telling of one or more of her other books. I could predict almost everything that was going to happen throughout the story.

Innocent young virgin down on her luck. She's in love with her best friend's older brother. Said older brother is an emotionally cut off rancher who wants nothing to do...more
Amanda Sheila
Well, it's good. :)

Keely's miserable. Boone, her forever-crush man hate her. It shows blatantly by his cold demeanor toward her and he keeps acting like Keely didn't exist. Besides, even if Boone does like her, she couldn't say yes. Because she has some secrets. Secrets that she's not willing to share to anyone, especially Boone..

Very typical of Diana Palmer. Again, cold Alpha Male kind of Hero, way-too-young heroine, misunderstanding and secret past. Still, I'll never get enough of this theme...more
Hortencia
So far, have read 'Callaghan's Bride' and 'Heart of Stone' by Palmer. I have to say that the main characters in both of these books lacked depth and development. As well, the main characters (as well as the relationship they had with each other) from the latter book were very similar to those from the former, which didn't impress me.

The next of Palmer's books that I will read are 'Heartless' and 'The Best Is Yet To Come'. If these two books disappoint, I doubt I will read any more of this author...more
Juana "Darkness" Duran
Saddle up cowboy because your in for the ride of a life time. Keeley is poor girl who works for a living. At least that is what Boone thinks. Add to that his brother Clark is going out with a gold digger girlfriend, and you've got problems. But as Boone learns you can't control every aspect of your life just because you are afraid to get hurt. Unlike Keeley's alcoholic mother and criminal father, she is the most stable of her family. Until her father starts making threats to get money. Then ever...more
Cecelia
I liked this one more than some of her other more recent books but they all seem a bit too similar to me. I think the charachter interaction and frame of action is much more better constructed here than in other books, however I still have issues with the age of Keely and some of the circumstances that surround the charachters in their background.
Jenny
This book contains one of the funniest scenes ever!! I can't explain it without spoiling the story. Maybe not spoiling but it'd definitely confuse you.
Milea
LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it keep on the edge of my seat the charters are so real it is like i am acually there watching the drama unfold!!!
Barb
a definite light read, read on a day after dental work holding ice to my face :):)
Livia
Excellent entry to the Long Tall Texan series featuring Boone Sinclair and Keely Welsh. Keely has worshiped her best friend's brother for years but she's only 19 and Boone being 30 feels he's too old for her. Keely works for Bentley Rydel, Jacobsville's wealthy animal doctor which puts her square in the Comanche Wells/ Jacobsville community and a key player in the Long Tall Texas Series. (Both Keely and Boone are characters that will be featured in subsequent books.)

Keely has secrets that hamper...more
Barbara
After reading through another in the “Long Tall Texans” romance series, I can’t tell if I should be angry at Diana Palmer for writing such a bad novel or angry at myself for wasting an hour reading it.

Plain Keely Walsh is in love with her friend Clark’s brother, Boone Sinclair, a handsome rancher. As the book begins, Keely is 19 and Boone is 30. As the parent of a 17-year-old, I would drop-kick a 30-year-old man who came sniffing around my daughter. Are there really no other women closer to his...more
Adriana Fogaça
Homens do Texas 39
Coração de Pedra
Diana Palmer

Mais uma historinha gostosinha da DP. Posso estar enganada, mas sinto uma evolução nas estórias Homens do Texas. Não é nada mirabolante, mas sinto que mudanças na forma, se compararmos as primeiras estórias da série, vai perceber que os enredos estão mais elaborados.

A história não fica centra apenas nas obsessões do mocinho e nem inocência virginal da mocinha. Há um pano de fundo. Além do romance, quem lê a série sabe que em Jacobsville há o maior ar...more
Kathy
Lizabeth Tucker
Nineteen year old Keely Welsh knew her love for Boone Sinclair was hopeless, even if the hard older man hadn't made it clear that he disliked her. Keely was the daughter of divorced alcoholics who made her young life a living hell. Now her father and his violent partner are back, looking for money. When Boone realizes the danger Keely is in, he finds himself becoming involved and realizing that he has been wrong about her character.

Palmer's heroines are good girls, usually shy. Her heroes are tr...more
Kelli
I wanted to give this book more stars because it had a strong beginning and middle but then the end came and it felt a little sloppily and quickly tossed together. Such a shame too because this had the potential to be a new six-star off the charts favorite for me.
Overall Heart of Stone is a good compelling story that I'd still highly recommend my friends to read.
Mindy
You love to hate Boone Sinclair. Keely is the decade younger girl who Boone always misjudged and finally accepts he is very attracted. Silly but fun to read.
Jo
Boone Sinclair/Kelly Welsh-he was a rancher and she was the best friend of his sister who early in life was scarred by a lion attack when her father had a anaiml perserve but her father lost the perserve because of law suits and she moved to her mother home and that were she because friends with Boone sister. Boone wanted nothing to do with her because of her age but things changed and they became close nad Boone told her to leave that ranch and never come back so she starting walking till she g...more
Agnese
Apr 17, 2014 Agnese rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Agnese by: my cousin
I liked the story, but the end was like all the film ends that i had watched..but i wanted to know what hapened to the bad guys..
Jenny
This is Keely and Boone's story. Not the best story in the series but fast, sweet read!
Nabi Bibi
My favourite DP bk ever
Desiree reilly
THE COVER I HAVE IS THE ESSENTIAL COPY
WELL WHAT HAPPEN THE TOWN OF JACKSONVILLE WERE UP TO THE HART BOYS JANIE WAS IN LOVE BUT HOW CAN SHE
TELL LEO SHE IS THE ONE FOR HIM SHE CHANGE HER ATTITUDE HER GIRLFRIEND WAS TELLING HER THAT LEO DID NOT LIKE HER AND SHE WANTED HIM FOR HER SELF WELL WHEN JANIE CHANGE FOR THE GOOD AND THEN FALL FOR LEO WHO IS IN ON YOU WILL SEE WELL ALL COME TOGETHER OR DOES IT THE BOOK WILL KEEP YOU READING IT
I READ THEM IN ONE DAY
Maggie
I've been fascinated by Palmer's books. She writes a lot of books set in Texas and in the country. I think I first read her in an anthology. This book echo's back to an ebook I read last year, a lot of the same characters. Its a love story complicated by past events, I liked the main characters a lot and enjoyed the book. I read it in an afternoon so I'd certainly say it was a quick read!
Danielle
Typical heart warming Diana Palmer, thankfully Boone was not a real jerk like some of her male protagonists. He was one of the nicer Long Tall Texans. The two main characters were definitely made for each other. They both had been scarred in the past, Boone by the war and Keely by her parents. Yet they were the only ones that could accept the other's scars.
Nikki
I liked the concept and I liked the Hero being jealous but the poor Heroine, could anything more happen to this girl? She gets crapped on by everyone all the time and bad stuff just happens to her through out the story that is only there to make the hero feel bad. And then all the past stuff coming up to create drama was unnecessary.
Lily Pilly
This is the second time I read this book because her heroes are old fashioned, wounded troubled and possessive....I still have to say this story is great but still not one of her best stories....But I am happy to own this book...I just like Diana Palmer's stories because she writes old fashioned cowboy love stories

Tasha
This is Keely and Boone's story... Also another one of her shorter ones with not as much character developement but still keeps you entertained. I also struggled w/Keely because she wasn't a very strong character, didn't do a good job of standing up for herself so that's always tuff for me.
Faith
This was a good quick read. I also like to keep up with all of the characters that are in the Diana Palmer books. This book also included the happenings of several other characters which helps out when I read the corresponding books. Bottom line . . .I just like Diana Palmer books!
Tonya Warner
Keely Welsh has a long list of secrets she keeps. Trying to hide her feelings for Boone Sinclair is one of her hardest. The scars she bears make her believe she will forever be alone, but she finds that sharing them with Boone makes everything better.

Very sweet.
Phyllis
Older wealthy rancher ignores beautiful friend of family because of his previous experience with beautiful woman. She has family and physical scars that no one knows.

Once he finds out she is in trouble, he comes to the rescue. Can she chip this Heart of Stone?
Katy Rustemeyer
One of my favorites by DP.. I loved Boone & Keely I really rooted for them & loved their chemistry. Keely is one of my favorite DP characters. I like when DP tosses a brother in to make the other jealous. It's one of my favorite things she does:
Robyn
It was moving,funny and entertaining. All of Diana's books have these elements in them.

It doesn't matter what you look like or how humble your beginnings were, or how much you have you can fall in love with anybody and be happy.
  • Tender Loving Care
  • The Bellini Bride (A Mediterranean Marriage, #1)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • The Cowboy and the Angel (The Cowboy and the Angel, #1)
  • The Petrakos Bride
  • Double Take
  • Except My Love
  • Love's Legacy
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands) (Harlequin Presents #2532)
  • Treat Her Right (Men To The Rescue #4) (Harlequin Temptation, No. 852)
  • Whatever Reilly Wants... (Three-Way Wager, Book 2) (Silhouette Desire #1658)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Fletcher's Woman
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals)
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #3)
  • A Marine for Christmas (Harlequin Super Romance (Larger Print))

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab...more
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Renegade