Start by marking “Carry Me Home (Richmond Chronicles) (Bregdan Chronicles)” as Want to Read:
Carry Me Home (Richmond Chronicles) (Bregdan Chronicles)

Carry Me Home (Richmond Chronicles) (Bregdan Chronicles #3)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  390 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Will Carrie's attempt to aid her friends end in tragedy for all? Can she trust God to protect her when acting on the truth puts her in grave danger? A richly woven story of courage and hope tested in the crucible of war.
Published January 1st 1997 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Carry Me Home (Richmond Chronicles), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carry Me Home (Richmond Chronicles)

This is the third book in a Civil War series. I have loved all of them.
Jan Mcclung-short
Love is in the air

This was probably the best book of all. Why? Because you know the characters heart and mind. The author wove the story of the battles with the strife of the horrific battles and the everyday lives of the community trying to live during the civil war. I was horrified by the details of the battles and the soldiers just trying to do as they were commanded to while walking or running with dead bodies knee deep. The ordinary lives of the people are impacted by the weather and the ba
Kathleen Ruggio
Never Ending

It seems this tragic part of history goes on and on forever. This historical is interesting but not much romance. It is a sad but hopeful novel. Some of each book is repetitive so that you might catch up if you didn't read the previous books but if you HAVE read the others it can become monotonous. Still each book is well written and the characters are well developed and some complex. Ginny Dye is a very gifted writer. G rated.
Heidi Harsch
I can't get enough of the characters in this series!

This, the third book in this series keeps me wanting for more. The characters came alive for me through this talented authors writing. Like the Author I am also a history buff. Especially for the Civil war era. I mostly read Southern historical fiction. out of the many books I've read this series is definitely one of my favorites. I am anxiously about to begin book four in this series. Carrie Cromwell has come to life for me and I can't wait to
I loved how Ginny Dye put human faces on all the aspects of the Civil War. Until now I only had a vague idea of what the Civil War was like even though I had an ancestor that fought on the Rebel side. Now I can imagine what he went through and how it possibly effected my great, great, great grandmother. Carrie Cromwell is a great stong female protagnist. I can really identify wiht her.
Eileen R. Avrich
Great series for the reader who loves history., Especially American history.

Civil war was a dark time for our country. The author brings to life what it was like, on a day to day basis, to live through the war.
Great Story--I Look Forward to #4

This series is the first I have read that includes the Black perspective. It also has an interesting overview of the lack of medical sophistication in the Civil War.
Another great insight into the people affected by the war

Again the author shares understanding of the realities of the Civil War and how it affected the people on both sides.
Loved this book!!!

This series of books is soooo good!!! Lovely clean romance stories! I can't wait to read more of them!!! Thank you Ginny Dye for writing them!!
Annette K Hernandez
Great story about slavery.

I am enjoying this story and following the lives of Carrie, Robert, Mathew, Rose, Moses, and all of the other characters. This story is about the civil war.
cindy hackney

To look into yourself and discover who you have become and what you want to be is this story. So powerful. Hatered and love. Discoveries. All I can say is"wow"!
Kathal Bales
Another good read

This is the third book of this series. I have absolutely enjoyed reading them and I can't wait to begin the next.
vicki harris
Real good

I just liked it. Also for some reason if you don't rate it, kindle makes it hard to get out.
Barbara Zenger
Loved, loved this book just like the other 2. Can't wait to start book 4. Highly recommend this book especially if you like historical fiction and civil war history.
Betsy Gray
The third book in the Bregdan Chronicles by Ginny Dye. A captivating continuation of the story of the Cromwell family and their plantation during the Civil War (1862-1863). The word Bregdan is a Gaelic term that means weaving. This book weaves the lives of the people of the plantation. The lives of Thomas Cromwell and his daughter Carrie, their slaves and friends on both sides of the conflict are constantly intersecting. How will the struggle of the residents of Richmond end? How will the slaves ...more
Wanda Bridges

Great Book , I love books about this time in history. Ginny Dye has done a great job with these books.
Great book the third in the series. I would recommend it to everyone. Gives one a w h ole new and enlightened picture of the civil war. Ginny really keeps you on the edge of your seat. Really great series.
Love this series! It is a historical fiction series set in pre/post civil war.
Elizabeth Winston
I really love this series and can't wait to read the next book. I am a huge historical fiction fan so it was right up my alley!
Leila Kern
Once again, loved this book. Ginny Dye makes history come alive. Not an easy time in history.
Reading this Series has made the Civil War real to me. I love the characters and am off to the Kindle store for the next book!
Third book in civil war series, fantastic!
Dana Stone
Spring will come.

Very good story. Love the characters. It grabs you and refuses to let you go. Cannot wait for the Dark Chaos
Kellie Shulruff
Really loving this series and already reading book wont be disappointed!
Each of these books is better than the last one.
A great series with so much historical information regarding life in this country during the Civil War.
Jayne Barker
Very good, I'm glad I already had book 4 so I could just continue on. These books are clean, no sex, makes them refreshing. Looking forward to reading more.
Fantastic read! The rare book as good as it's predecessor. I was moved to tears more than once. Can't wait to start the next one tomorrow!
Read this book a long time ago and would like to read them again but I can't find them.
  • The Last, Long Night (Bregdan Chronicles, #5)
  • Child of the King
  • A Day to Pick Your Own Cotton (Shenandoah Sisters, #2)
  • Prayer: A Holy Occupation
  • The Thyroid Diet Revolution: Manage Your Master Gland of Metabolism for Lasting Weight Loss
  • Superior Storm (Lake Superior Mysteries)
  • Lost In The Mist Of Time
  • The Christian World of the Hobbit
  • A Wedding Invitation (Heart of Carolina #4)
  • A Note of Scandal
  • Dark Duke (Noble Passions, #3)
  • The Lady Series
  • The Sexy Years: Discover the Hormone Connection: The Secret to Fabulous Sex, Great Health, and Vitality, for Women and Men
  • Sentimental Journey
  • Echoes
  • Three Weeks
  • Forgiving the Angel: Four Stories for Franz Kafka

Bregdan Chronicles (7 books)
  • Storm Clouds Rolling In (Bregdan Chronicles, #1)
  • On to Richmond (Bregdan Chronicles, #2)
  • Dark Chaos (# 4 in the Bregdan Chronicles Historical Fiction Romance Series)
  • The Last, Long Night (Bregdan Chronicles, #5)
  • Carried Forward By Hope (Bregdan Chronicles, #6)
  • Glimmers of Change (# 7 in the Bregdan Chronicles Historical Fiction Romance Series)
On to Richmond (Bregdan Chronicles, #2) Dark Chaos (Bregdan Chronicles, #4) Storm Clouds Rolling In (Bregdan Chronicles, #1)

“Seems that folks who try to hide it the most end up judging the most. Guess they figure if they judge other people’s garbage it makes their own not quite so dirty.” 1 likes
“Why, that be one man who ain’t got nothin’ but hate poisonin’ his blood. But there ain’t been no one born that be that way from the start. No, somethin’ done put that poison in him. We prob’ly won’t never know what put it there, but it been put there sho ‘nuff. You gots to pity a man like that. Now, I be hatin’ the things he be doin’ as much as anybody else, but it won’t be doin’ my heart no good to be hatin’ him. That won’t do nothin’ but put poison in my own blood. No, I reckon I’ll keep on pitying that poor empty shell of a man.” 0 likes