Start by marking “Just One Night” as Want to Read:
Just One Night

Just One Night

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
'I AM NOT PREPARED TO LET A LITTLE GOLD-DIGGER LIKE YOU ANYWHERE NEAR MY SON!'

It was a case of mistaken identity, but Leonie Spencer wasn't about toclear the air immediately and make things easy for Henry Hawker Sinclair. After all, he had accused her of wanting to marry his nineteen-year-old son, Hal, for a share in the Sinclair millions! In fact, it was Leonie's twin sis
Mass Market Paperback, 316 pages
Published March 1st 1988 by Harlequin Books (first published February 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Just One Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Night

Mareli
Jun 09, 2012 Mareli rated it liked it
This book was not bad at all but it had something I didn't like it so much.
First of all there was the ick feeling I got when I discovered both father and son were in love with twin sisters, slightly older than the son and 14 years younger than the dad. Twin sisters, it means that when the 2 couples will have a child those children will be at the same time counsins/uncle/nephew.... a bit strange :(

But the story was good and Leonie is a great woman even if at the beginning she seemed to be a bit
starsaga
I enjoyed this re-read a couple of decades after reading it for the first time.,
This book took me back to the time when I started reading romances and began to understand how human relationships described in books were quite different from real life. A case in point, Hawk Sinclair, a hero who was flawed and quite miserable for most of the book, but, once he got over himself and decided to try to redeem himself became a memorable hero that I have looked for in romances I have read since. The hero
LLCSpokane
Jun 01, 2011 LLCSpokane rated it liked it
Shelves: books-on-1011
I liked all the characters in this book but it had too much going on. There was a wicked ex-husband, there was blackmail, a kidnapping, and a secondary character with a drug addiction. The h had six cats all named for flowers which was fun.
The relationships are all a little confusing and wierd. Leonie and Laura are identical twin sisters. Laura marries Hal and Leonie marries Hawk who is Hal's father. That makes Leonie a step mother-in-law to her twin sister.
Erin
Jan 19, 2014 Erin rated it liked it
Fun Harlequin...the wtfkery is pretty funny to me for whatever reason. I enjoyed it. I read it like a spoof and I caught myself giggling numerous times while reading the book :)
Tia
Jun 04, 2012 Tia rated it liked it
The heroine met the hero when he thought she was her twin sister, Laura. The hero wanted to prevent Laura from marrying his younger son. When he found out they were twins and the heroine was the 'kooky' sister, he, for some unknown reason was obsessed with the thought of her. So later that night he went back and had a one night affair with her.

Fast forward a little over nine months and the hero comes back into the heroines life. Her sister is going to marry his son and when he sees and infant, h
JLC
Jan 19, 2014 JLC rated it liked it
Maybe 3.25-3.5 stars. It is a harlequin after all - a periodical comfort read for this romance junkie.
Jasbell76
Other shelves: heroine-was-married-before, heroine-has-two-children, hero-was-married-before
Cem73
Dec 20, 2012 Cem73 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, vf, harlequin
Titre vf : L'ensorceleuse
Rach Roberts
Rach Roberts rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Geraldine Kieser
Geraldine Kieser marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Clare
Clare rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Ayunda Wulan
Ayunda Wulan marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Laura Beth
Laura Beth rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Noelia
Noelia rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Mildred
Mildred marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Dgold
Dgold rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
StMargarets
StMargarets marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Kim
Kim added it
Jan 05, 2016
Fre06 Begum
Fre06 Begum rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
 Ana
Ana rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2015
Michelle Bruce
Michelle Bruce rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Vera_
Vera_ rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...