E. S. Pete: Sixth Grade Sense

E. S. Pete: Sixth Grade Sense

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Pete figured there would be a lot of reading in sixth grade, but he didn't count on adding the minds of his teachers and classmates to the list. Knowing what they think can be helpful sometimes, but it can also get complicated -- ESPecially when Pete discovers the substitute teacher is thinking about a big robbery.
Published September 12th 2008 by Paraphrase, LLC

To ask other readers questions about E. S. Pete, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about E. S. Pete

Janelle
My ten year old son also read this book so I will combine our thoughts...

Pete seems your average 6th grader who struggles to get good grades, likes a girl and deals with a bully. However, Pete has a extra special sense...mind reading! Pete has kept the mind reading to himself until a substitute teacher comes along. Pete knows the teacher wants to rob a bank. He tells the girl he likes and the bully of their teachers plan. The two take Pete at his word and try to figure how they can stop the subs...more
Dawn
I'm not a fan of the paranormal, but regardless of my thoughts about ESP, this is a book that I will happily encourage my children to read someday (my oldest is just five years old). The book uses Pete's ESP to address issues relevant to kids today...cheating, bullying and friendship to name just a few. I think middle school students will find the book to be highly entertaining while fully relating to the underlying issues that Pete faces.

Note: I received this book as a free giveaway as part of...more
Pete is a 6th grader with ESP. He deals with a bully, a teacher who is a thief and the girl of his dreams as he becomes more comfortable using his gift.

I think kids will really like Pete and this story. It is the first of a series and I am sure they will want to read more of these E.S.Pete books. I know I am looking forward to the next one!
Inspired Kathy
I won a copy of this book through goodreads giveaways. It was a quick, fun middle grade read. Pete has ESP and is able to hear the thoughts of people around him. When he hears his substitute teacher planning on robbing a bank he's not sure what to do to stop him.
Ages 8+
Arnold Rudnick
Mar 18, 2010 Arnold Rudnick rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Okay, I'm biased, since I wrote it... but I'd love to know what YOU think of ESPete!
Lisa Maddock
Pete has Extrasensory Perception, he can read minds. What does this mean for a sixth-grader? How can he use this ability to his advantage, and, on the other hand, how can it make his life more difficult?

I read this book with my sixth-grader and noted that she related to the details about middle-school, and chuckled, especially about things Rodney, the bully, said and did. I think this book captures the essense of life for a typical group of eleven-year-olds. It is done with humor and a likable...more
Jaimie Engle
What a fabulous story!
I received this book in exchange for my honest review.
Middle grade can be confusing, but especially when you can read people's thoughts. In this humorous MG story, the main character, Pete, is learning to understand his gift, avoid the bully, and get the girl, all while trying to save the day.
What I loved about this book, besides the creative use of ESP in the character "ES Pete", is that it is extremely well written. The word choice is spot on, the characters jump off the...more
David Kirkpatrick
I happily recommend this book to any middle schooler or their parents. It reminded me of my own middle school reading years with the Hardy Boys .In ESPete, I even learned a thing or two about the sixth sense!

The book uses Pete's special gifts to address issues relevant to kids today including cheating and bullying. It has a strong moral center.

I think middle school students will find the book to be highly entertaining while fully relating to the underlying issues that Pete faces. And parents sho...more
Sue Wyshynski
I had fun reading this. IIt had some really great humor, and got me thinking about ESP in general. Fun!
Myrna
I learned facts about the sixth sense, and I thought the story well organized and interesting.
Aug 17, 2010 Jennifer marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
just found out I won this book from goodreads. Review to follow shortly!
Rhonda Patton
Rhonda Patton marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2012
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2010
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2010
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2010
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2010
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2010
Laura marked it as to-read
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Little Green little green