Start by marking “Lifelong Affair” as Want to Read:
Lifelong Affair

Lifelong Affair

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A dying sister's wish made Morgan a prisoner!

The television report said no one--including Morgan's sister and brother-in-law--had survived the plane crash. But in fact there had been one survivor, Morgan's baby nephew, and now Morgan was little Courtney's guardian

However, Alex Hammond had also been made a guardian for Courtney. The battle lines were drawn--the handsome alo
Published (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Lifelong Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lifelong Affair

Saly
Gotta admit I loved this book. A heroine who is spunky and doesn't mind verbally or physically punching bitchy interfering women, bravo!

Heroine sister dies leaving behind her child and she makes the heroine and the hero who is the brother in law the guardians. The heroine is an actress who wants to raise the baby on her own since she knows that the hero's family is sick and twisted but our English hero is having none of that. He tells her after much thinking let's get married and proves they hav
Melanie♥
Jun 24, 2013 Melanie♥ rated it really liked it
Loved the honesty of the heroine.
And especially liked how the hero was not fooled by his horrible family and their terrible treatment of the heroine.
Jenny
Jun 18, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Morgan is a popular actress happy with her life and her boyfriend. When her sister and brother-in-law die in a plane crash Morgan becomes the guardian of her baby nephew. However, Alex Hammond had also been made a guardian for baby Courtney. He proposes a marriage of convenience so that they will both be in Courtney's life. Morgan breaks up with her boyfriend, quits acting, moves to England and gets married to Alex. But Alex's mother and sister are both witches and try to ruin their marriage.

Al
EeeJay
Mar 12, 2012 EeeJay rated it really liked it
Shelves: harlequin, hqn
Veryyyy nice! Me likey. Maturely handled conflicts. Hero's mum acted like a Pakistani mum-in-law but more psycho... hehehehe!
Leona
Jun 19, 2013 Leona rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
I believe this is one of CM's better HPs with a loving couple who learn to work things out in spite of all the nasty garbage their dysfunctional family throws their way. I loved the hero. Definitely swoon worthy.
Ira
Nov 07, 2015 Ira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, I came to a conclusion how I rate HP books!
All about how the heroines reacting in those story at Hero and other people treatment at her.

I will chuck out my kindle or return the book immediately if I read the heroines who give her face to get slap after others abusing and insulting her, oh yes HP loves to write that type of heroines, stupid!

But the heroine in this one? Oh ho NO!
After series of non stop cruel insult from her sister in law which she doesn't know how to reply them, she jus
Farah
Aug 29, 2014 Farah rated it really liked it
Shelves: books, favorite-books
I fell into a parallel dimension !! That's the only way to explain the level of maturity displayed by the characters in this 80's book. Oh how I loved Morgan !! She had a dragon's backbone .. she handled Alex's mother and sister beautifully .. and mentioning Alex I really liked him .. yes he was incredibly cynical and a douche-bag sometimes but he always managed to take a step back and be likeable .. I felt for him and the best part was the fact that he stood up for Morgan against his own fami ...more
Roub
Jul 18, 2015 Roub rated it it was ok
i was disappointed after all the good reviews. i really did not feel the supposed chemistry between morgan and alex. i found alex cold and morgan was really patthetic! it did not make sense dat she was a virgin at 26 when she was an actress! i'm not prejudiced but how is she coping wid sex scenes on tv!? she'll be very uncomfortable if she's a virgin ! the authoer really carried it too far!
Francis
Dec 08, 2012 Francis rated it it was amazing
me encanto el libro la relacion entre el heroe y la heroina se desarrollo de una manera hermosa, el heroe me fascino
Ashima
Oct 14, 2012 Ashima rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!
Fiona Marsden
Fiona Marsden marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Melissa Justal
Melissa Justal rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Fre06 Begum
Fre06 Begum is currently reading it
Nov 03, 2015
Cathy Norfin
Cathy Norfin is currently reading it
Oct 06, 2015
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2015
Cécile Rischmann
Cécile Rischmann rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2015
Miss
Miss rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Saboo
Saboo marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Roub
Roub marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
I
I rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Xandri
Xandri rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Maryori
Maryori rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Evelyn
Evelyn is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2015
Connie Redoble
Connie Redoble marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...