Start by marking “10 Best Shakespeare Stories Ever (10 Best Ever)” as Want to Read:
10 Best Shakespeare Stories Ever (10 Best Ever)

10 Best Shakespeare Stories Ever (Top Ten)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In this title, the bard's ten best stories are re-told ...with a modern twist. Read the photo love story where Romeo and Juliet take centre stage and watch out for weird witchcraft in the Ballad of Big Mac. Find out what foul words Shakespeare used, how he kept his audience hooked and why one of the top ten plays is cursed. This title is 100% Horrible.
Published January 5th 2009 by Scholastic (first published March 20th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about 10 Best Shakespeare Stories Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 10 Best Shakespeare Stories Ever

Pavitar
This book isn't really a book it's like a bunch of William Shakespeares plays put to together. I thought it was okay. The only thing I liked about it was that everytime you finish reading a play, it gives you these cool facts about it.
Meridith Byrne
Teachers who are wondering what to give their young readers to satisfy the common core non-fiction requirements need to get to know Terry Deary. I teach Shakespeare to my middle-schoolers using this book, and even my emerging readers love it. The bard is fun and irreverent again - just as he should be. Also check out Deary's Horrible Histories.
Alice
This was the lightest Shakespeare book I read on the beach -- a typical Terry Deary book for kids with lots of jokes, with historical accuracy sometimes taking a bottom shelf. There are some clever approaches to explaining the plays, however, and one or two brilliant, fun quizzes that I will definitely use in the classroom.
Adele
These stories are good versions of shakespeare because Deary makes them interesting for kids. he even makes them funny. My favourite was a midsummer night's dream.
Emily
This book was kind of funny. But only in some parts. I liked this book because I think Shakespeare was a genius.
Abigail Raina
I think this book was hilarious and most important, it catches your attention.
Agnes de Wonderland
Agnes de Wonderland marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Fiza
Fiza marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Fiza
Fiza is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
Alicia Donner
Alicia Donner marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Leon Whatyoumeanheichou
Leon Whatyoumeanheichou marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Jemma
Jemma marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Aeryk
Aeryk marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Ian
Ian marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
  • The Chrysalids /The Day Of The Triffids (Coles Notes)
  • The Dragonslayers Apprentice
  • Shakespeare's Hamlet: The Manga Edition
  • Romeo and Juliet (Manga Shakespeare)
  • Winter of Peril: The Newfoundland Diary of Sophie Loveridge (Dear Canada)
  • Steampunk: Extraordinary Tales of Victorian Futurism
  • Pere Goriot/Eugenie Grandet
  • Oak Island Revenge
  • Lost and Found Pony (Pony Pals, #29)
  • No Safe Harbour: The Halifax Explosion Diary of Charlotte Blackburn, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 1917
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Aliens: Tales to Warp Your Mind
  • Hell With the Ladies
  • Audition & Subtraction
  • Spiked
  • The Complete Book of Dragons: A Guide to Dragon Species
  • Alpha Romeos (Magick Men, #3)
  • Filthy Shakespeare: Shakespeare's Most Outrageous Sexual Puns
  • The Elements of Harmony: The Official Guidebook (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
A former actor, theatre-director and drama teacher, Deary says he began writing when he was 29. Most famously, he is one of the authors of the Horrible Histories series of books popular among children for their disgusting details, gory information and humorous pictures and among adults for getting children interested in history. Books in the series have been widely translated into other languages ...more
More about Terry Deary...

Top Ten (9 books)
  • Top Ten Greek Legends
  • Top Ten Bible Stories (Top Ten)
  • Top Ten Irish Legends (Top Ten)
  • Top Ten Horror Stories (Top Ten S.)
  • Ghost Stories (Top Ten)
  • Top Ten Arthurian Legends
  • Top Ten Fairy Stories (Top Ten S.)
  • Top Ten Viking Legends
The Groovy Greeks The Rotten Romans The Awesome Egyptians The Vicious Vikings (Horrible Histories) The Terrible Tudors