Start by marking “A Touch of Scandal (James Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Scandal (James Family, #2)

A Touch of Scandal (James Family #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  389 ratings  ·  75 reviews
The last thing Garrett, Duke of Calton, expects to find while tracking his sworn enemy is the delectable, mysterious Kate. This beautiful servant girl rouses a longing the battle-scarred ex-soldier had never hoped to feel again. But when she turns out to be the sister of the man he seeks, he's convinced he's been betrayed.

Kate knows her duty to her family, yet how can she...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Forever (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Touch of Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Touch of Scandal

Verity
3.5 STARS.

This Cinderella story (he’s a scandal-magnet Duke, she’s a housekeeper’s daughter who – gasp ! - enjoys peeping @ the Duke’s nekid @$$) didn’t evoke as strong a visceral response from me as the prequel’s love triangle did. Prolly ‘cuz this sequel’s plot wasn’t as complex / compelling as AHOW.

The one thing that kinda bothered me was how quickly Kate fell head over toes for Garrett. Ok, I like drooling over a gorgeous traffic-stopper as much as the next person, unless the next person is...more
Angelc
Kate Fisk is forced by her family to be a maid in her brother's home. Between those duties and caring for her sickly young brother, Reggie, Kate never has time for herself. Until she spots the handsom stranger in her special spot, the pool between her brother's house and the abandoned manor where she lives with her mother and Reggie. She feels like the stranger has been sent from Mt. Olympus and she isn't even sure if he's real. But when he spots her spying on him and introduces himself, she rea...more
Dinjolina
This whole rew is connected to The rew of book one

Enjoy my rant!

This book succeeded in being a bigger mess than the first one. I have no idea HOW!
Maybe it was some of the following things:

a)Garret just poof stopped thinking about Sophie as soon as he started liking Kate. Fickle man! All that drama in book one and now he just lives it down in five minutes? Super. Makes me wonder why he ever called dibs on Sophie when he was young. He should have just left her to Tristan THEN.

b)The mistress. God w...more
Elizabeth
Jennifer Haymore’s books are sophisticated, deeply sensual, and emotionally complex. With a dead sexy hero, a sweetly practical heroine, and a love story that draws together two people from vastly different backgrounds, A TOUCH OF SCANDAL is positively captivating!
Mandi Schreiner
Why I read: I received the book for review from the publisher.

Favorite Quote: “But I would kill any man that touched you. I can’t let you go.”

Katherine Fisk has been peeking at a mysterious man for eight days now. Every day on her three mile walk home from work, she sees this delectable man bathing in a pond. It has become the highlight of her day, after working as a maid to her brother William and his wife Rebecca. All is not how it seems however. Her brother eloped with Rebecca four months a...more
Bookaholics

A Touch of Scandal by Jennifer Haymore
Historical Romance- March 30th, 2010
5 stars

This is the second book in Jennifer Haymore’s Regency series. In the first book, A Hint of Wicked, 2 men vie for the love of 1 woman. Garrett the Duke of' Carlton returns home after years of amnesia to find his young wife, Sophie has remarried to his best friend! Unfortunately, Sophie and Garrett have changed and Sophie finds
she is really in love with his friend Tristan. Rejected, his hopes dashed, Garrett was a v...more
Joana
Garrett, duque de Calton, chega com o intuito de levar LAdy Rebecca, sua irmã, para casa, matando o seu marido, Willian Fisk, o desprezível soldado que o atraiçoara de diversas formas!
Mas, o que Garrett não esperava era encontrar Kate.. a bela e aventureira Kate, que com a sua inocência e ingenuidade torna-se o centro do mundo do duque.
Mas, como seria de esperar, não será fácil unir estes dois apaixonados!
A começar por William, que apanha Garrett e Kate num momento íntimo, e prende o duque nas s...more
Cinnamon
Just like that, Jennifer Haymore has once again caught my attention and left me completely captivated. Her tales of romance, deception, and adventure continue in A TOUCH OF SCANDAL, the sequel to A Hint of Wicked. Admittedly I was a little nervous about reading this book. A Hint of Wicked was so emotional and so good that I honestly didn’t any of her other books could live up. We’ve all witnessed a sequel that didn’t quite meet our expectations and I didn’t want to see this from Ms. Haymore.

Well...more
Kathleen
After reading A Hint Of Wicked, I so wanted to read Garrett's story. As I read this book, I was not quite sure of what I thought. There were parts that I did not like, parts that I did and some parts that I loved. Would I tell anyone they had to read this book? No I would not. But over all I did like it enough to want to read the next book in the series, A Season Of Seduction.
Teechbiz
I'm so excited about this book. I can't wait to begin reading
Nely
We originally meet Garrett in Ms. Haymore's, A Hint of Wicked. There you find him fighting for his wife, Sophie, who after years of believing he is dead, has fallen in love and now married to Tristan, none other than Garrett's best friend. After a couple of scuffles, a very "sexy" fantasy, and a wild chase along the countryside, Sophie makes her choice and Garrett finds himself in the midst of a divorce.

On the search for his enemy (and luckily for him), he somehow finds himself bathing in Kate's...more
Isalys
A Touch of Scandal is the follow-up novel to Haymore's A HINT OF WICKED which I reviewed back in May of 2009. It was because of that novel that I fell in love with regency romance and Jennifer has now become one of my auto-buy/favorite historical romance authors.

In A HINT OF WICKED, we meet Sophie, the Duchess of Calton and her new husband Tristan, best friend and heir to her deceased husband, Garrett, the Duke of Calton.

It was believed that Garrett had perished during a battle in Waterloo. Howe...more
Adriana
Acabei hoje Um Toque de Escândalo, o segundo livro da serie James que conta como protagonista o Duque de Calton - que já era um dos protagonistas do primeiro livro desta serie.

Garrett, desde os seus tempos de guerra que viveu num constante escandalo devido ao seu divórcio com Sophie que casou enquanto achava que ele estava morto com o seu melhor amigo Tristan. Amargurado e magoado, deseja vingar-se do homem que o destruiu.

Kate Fisk tem um hábito secreto de observar um estranho homem a banhar-se...more
Jen
I received a copy of this book to review. It is being released on March 30th.

Jennifer Haymore is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. With her elegant descriptions and heart-tugging plot lines, I can't say enough good things. In the follow-up to A Hint of Wicked, we learn more about Garrett James, the long lost Duke of Calton. He's on the hunt for William Fisk, the man who stole his life and fortune for eight years. He's out for revenge and has no intention of stopping until he gets it.

K...more
Freda mans
This book to me was a lot like most romances. There was a bit of suspense, they met and ravaged each other, fell madly in love and then had a family. Not much out of the ordinary really, but still entertaining.
This is one of those books that you read on a rainy day. You can easily get lost in the story, and will find it a fairly easy read. There were a few new words to me, but I enjoy learning and looking words up.
All in all, not bad, not great.
Cynthia
The second book of Jennifer Haymore series was amazing!!!!!!!! I loved this one more then a Hint of Wicked.... I'm so glad Garrett found his happy ending he was so different in this book compared to the first... And I really like Kate she risk everything for love it was wonderful I can't wait until Lady Rebeca book comes out!!!!!!!
Mafi
3,5 estrelas

A história não me cativou como a do primeiro livro mas mesmo assim gostei de ler e viver o romance da Kate e do Garrett =)

Curiosa para ler o 3º livro e ver como vai ser a história da Rebecca!
Blodeuedd Finland
First it annoyed me so much, secondly I loved it. Haha, yes I seldom think HR is better than ok, but this one, it just sucked me in.

Kate is spying on a man bathing, and has for many days. Then they finally speak, and she is just silly and naive. Telling him she loves him and can feel his heart. Wanting to throw away her innocence right there and then. And later, telling him that she knows he will do the right thing. Well yeah, even your lover can be a crazy murdering rapist when you are not arou...more
Michelle (Michelle&Leslie's Book Picks)
I stayed away from the first book in this series A Hint of Wicked because it has one of those love triangle plot lines and if there's one plot line I dislike it's that. When this book was offered by Hachette as one of their blog tour books and it doesn't seem like it has that plot line, I jumped at the chance to read it as I've been wanting to read this author since A Hint of Wicked came out and made a bit of a splash.

I wasn't disappointed. The writing was really good and the book was interestin...more
Sabrina
From the opening paragraphs, I immediately knew I was in for a treat with A Touch of Scandal. Who wouldn't be excited about a Historical Romance with this as the second paragraph...?

Taking a deep breath, she forcefully slowed her step, squared her shoulders, and lowered her eyes. She was simply a servant, finished with her duties for the day, ready to take the 3 mile walk home. Not a flustered woman rushing out to a secret secluded spot to watch a strange man – no a god, more like – bathe in th...more
Wendy Hines

The story in A Hint of Wicked is picked up with A Touch of Scandal with the Duke of Calton right in the thick of it.

Garrett is chasing his sworn enemy, William Fisk and is pretty sure that he and his wife, Garrett's sister Rebecca, are nearby in a cozy little cottage. Camping nearby while he decides what to do, he is intrigued when he catches Kate spying on him while he swims in the nude.

She may not be a Lady but she is still quite fetching and she captures Garrett's heart. But, it's revealed be...more
From my blog...[return]Before A Touch of Scandal, there was A Hint of Wicked by Jennifer Haymore, a novel I have not had the pleasure to read, rest assured that will be remedied immediately. A Touch of Scandal is an exhilarating historical romance, which can easily stand on it's own merits written with a fluidity of prose that renders the reader back to England in the 1820s. Her characters are quite realistic and her descriptions leave little for the reader to imagine as one feels as though one...more
Ana Luisa

Quando terminei a leitura do livro anterior “Um Toque de Perversão”, fiquei muito curiosa acerca do destino do Duque de Calton. Garrett parecia um homem tão correcto que acabei um pouco desgostosa com tudo o que lhe tinha sucedido e pensei que não merecia um fardo tão grande, depois de tudo o que tinha passado depois da guerra. Afinal tudo não passou de um engano da minha parte, pois a autora apenas tinha preparado o seu caminho para um felicidade absoluta...more
Sandy M
I knew with Jennifer Haymore’s debut book, A Hint of Wicked, that I’d found myself a new autobuy author, and AToS, which picks up where AHoW leaves off, proves that I made the right decision. And best of all, I like this latest book even more than her first.

Of course, Garrett is a favorite since we met him in AHoW. Having lost the love of his life to his cousin, he sets off on a return journey to the woman he thinks might soothe his broken heart. But he doesn’t get quite that far before both his...more
Lover of Romance
When Kate, on her way home, stops by her special place, a pool, she see's a bronze naked god of a man swimming, and finds herself watching him. And each night she watches him for eight days, but then one night, he looks right back at her and finds her hiding behind a bush staring at him. At first Garrett, is shocked when a young but beautiful woman is watching him from the bushes. Garrett knows he can't afford to trust anyone right now, especially a young woman who gazes at him with such trust a...more
Jo (My House of Books)
In Ms. Haymore's second book, a sequel of sorts to A Hint of Wicked, she's continued the story of Garrett, Duke of Calton, whom we last saw leaving his wife, Sophie, to his cousin, Tristan, relinquishing the battle for her heart. Garrett is a scarred man, literally and figuratively, and he has William Fisk to thank for all of those.

As I was reading, I was struck by this quote, just after Garrett's and Kate's first meeting:

"She had done this to him. As they spoke, she brought him to life. How wa...more
Limau Nipis
I have been very slow in finishing this novel. Been caught up with a certain mini series, that I forgot I had a book to finish.

The story started out slow till the middle. I love that both characters had their dark history. Becky, with her cunning brother and pitiful mother, while Garrett, just divorced his wife (at the time when it is unheard of).

I did like the characters, having layers of layers of characters upon them, that I can smile with them, get angry with them, and even feel stupid with...more
Romancing the Book
Review by Sarah L: the second installment of Jennifer Haymore's Tristan Family series. It is not necessary to read the first book, A Hint of Wicked, as I believe the author did a good job of making this book stand on its own however since Garrett plays a huge role in the first novel, I highly recommend it. Also, just because it is a great story!

The way the author made the characters come to life made me feel like I was a part of the Tristan family watching the drama unfold. I laughed, I cried an...more
Tempo de Ler
A jovem Kate não está habituada a receber apreço; nem mesmo, e principalmente, daqueles que lhe são mais próximos. Acostumada a ser ignorada, basta um vislumbre de Garret para que se veja consumida pelo perigoso fogo da paixão… perigoso porque Kate se sente terrível e irremediavelmente atraída pelo homem errado!
Garret já experimentou e sobreviveu a coisas horríveis…Há imenso tempo que não sentia nada com intensidade, até que a doçura de Kate faz com que o seu coração recomece, finalmente, a bat...more
Anna
With his divorce freshly finalized, Garrett intends to hunt down and kill the man who tried to destroy his life. He didn't count on running into Kate, a flirtatious and naive servant girl who gets his pulse racing in a way only one other woman has ever managed. But when he finds out Kate is the sister of the man he's looking for, Garrett is certain she's been using him, seducing him to allow her brother a chance to get the jump on him.

For her part, Kate is instantly drawn to the muscular and mys...more
  • Desire Me (The Legend Hunters, #2)
  • Our Wicked Mistake (Notorious Bachelors, #2)
  • Knight of Passion (All the King's Men #3)
  • To Surrender To A Rogue (Circle of Sin, #2)
  • Highland Surrender
  • To Bed a Beauty (Courtship Wars #2)
  • The Perfect Scandal (Scandal, #3)
  • Secrets of a Scandalous Bride (Widows Club, #4)
  • Barely a Lady (The Drake's Rakes, #1)
  • What the Duke Desires (Billingham Bastards #1)
  • To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • Seduced By His Touch (The Byrons of Braebourne, #2)
  • Nothing Denied (Albright sisters #3)
  • The Protector (Medieval #5)
  • An Earl to Enchant (The Rogues' Dynasty #3)
  • Till Dawn with the Devil (Lords of Vice, #2)
  • Follow My Lead (The Blue Raven, #3)
The Duchess Hunt (House of Trent, #1) Confessions of an Improper Bride (Donovan Sisters, #1) A Hint of Wicked (James Family, #1) The Scoundrel's Seduction (House of Trent, #3) Secrets of an Accidental Duchess (Donovan Sisters, #2)