Start by marking “Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke, #3)

Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke #3)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  13,708 Ratings  ·  895 Reviews
Annabel Winslow is in a pickle. Having newly arrived in London for her first season and being in possession of a voluptuous figure, is being openly courted the the Earl of Newbury, who is at least 75 and a nasty brute to boot. Annabel does not want to marry him, of course, but feels that she has no choice since her father has recently died and left the whole family, includ ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 377 pages
Published May 25th 2010 by Avon (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Things I Love About You, please sign up.

Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Can't Wait Books of 2010
74th out of 1,218 books — 10,667 voters
Love in the Afternoon by Lisa KleypasNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanMarried By Morning by Lisa KleypasTen Things I Love About You by Julia QuinnTen Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean
Historical Romances of 2010
4th out of 97 books — 310 voters

More lists with this book...

MelissaB
*** 2 1/2 stars ***

Ten Things I Didn't Love About This Book

1. Way too much internal dialogue. Plus the internal dialogue was often about completely random stuff. Show me, don't tell me.

2. It was boring.

3. The hero came off as wimpy when he allowed the villain (his uncle) to push him around and do stuff to the heroine.

4. There were a million references to the hero's books, plus there were so many times where the hero would think "If I were writing this scene..." It was really annoying.

5. The uncl
Rane
Oct 30, 2013 Rane rated it really liked it

This was such a sweet story, that is was a candy I ask in my best Oliver Twist voice “May I have some more?” I didn’t want this book to end!

Sebastian Grey, Sebastian Grey. I adored Sebastian Grey whom stole the show in What Happens in London, and to say I was eagerly awaiting his book would be an understatement .But, like other readers hoping for a book and it turns out really bad, I kept myself in check. Thankfully, I didn’t have to, as 10 things I Love About You was everything I hoped it be.
BJ Rose
Sep 25, 2010 BJ Rose rated it really liked it
Ten Things I Learned in This Book:
1) Annabel's family was poor
2) Annabel loved her family
SO
3) Annabel had to marry rich to save her family.
4) The Earl of Newbury was rich
BUT
5) Annabel detested the Earl of Newbury.
NEVERTHELESS
AND THEREFORE
10) did what he had
Eastofoz
Aug 09, 2010 Eastofoz rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers who want to finish the Bevelstoke series
I generally really like Julia Quinn but something was « off » about this story as well as the whole Bevelstoke series when all was said and done. It’s an okay read but when you know how great Quinn can be you’re sort of disappointed that it’s not as good as some of her Bridgerton novels for example. What I enjoy about Quinn’s stories is that you have what appears to be a light regency style romance but there’s a seriousness underneath it all which you don’t get here. This book is much bawdier th ...more
KarenH
What can I say? This book was absolutely adorable. Sebastian Gray is one of the most lovable heroes in Romancelandia. I suppose he could be described as a "tortured hero", but unlike others who are labeled as such, Seb prescribes to the "when life deals you lemons...make lemonade" theory and therefore is always positive and upbeat. He is honest, forthright, loyal to family and friends, and his manners are impeccable. He is also so damn handsome (and virile) he is in constant demand by the young ...more
Iliada
Sometimes I give 4 stars to books for no reason at all. It just means that the story is very good, but for some reason it lacked that special something that would turn it into a 5-star read. And I guess that's what's called personal taste. But I always have a reason for 3-star ratings. Always.

Except this time I don't. The hero is wonderful. He's exactly my type of hero. Even the heroine is okay. Nothing stands out about her and she is a bit indifferent, IMO, but she's definitely not bad or annoy
Cheryl
Another brilliant book by Julia Quinn... 5 stars!!!

Ten Things I loved about this book:

One: Sebastion Grey is charming and witty; LOVED him! Two: Annabel Winslow has an excellent sense of humor and is not annoying! Three: Sebastion has a secret that shocked me! Four: Sebastion does not fight his feelings for Annabel, but does fight for her! Five: Annabel's grandmother is hilarious! Six: There is a scandal! Shocking! Seven: We get to see a lot of Olivia and Harry Valentine! Eight: Sebastion and An
Anna Casanovas
Apr 02, 2016 Anna Casanovas rated it it was amazing
Hacía mucho, mucho, mucho tiempo que no leía a Julia Quinn. No sé por qué dejé exactamente de leerla, creo que un libro me dejó indiferente y por eso la aparqué o quizá se me fue de la cabeza.
La cuestión es que el otro día una gran amiga me habló de ella y tuve unas ganas tremendas de retomarla. Elegí esta novela porque el título me encantó y porque tiene el mejor booktrailer que he visto nunca (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJKe...).
"Ten things I love about you" me ha gustado mucho, me ha p
Brittany B.
Definitely the best of the Bevelstoke books. Perhaps my favorite JQ. Sebastian and Annabel have more passion than Quinn's usual characters.

What a breath of fresh air!! So incredibly romantic, without too much angst. Just a beautifully charming, sexy, funny story. I couldn't ask for more. The plot had no wild murders, blackmail or misunderstandings. The tension for the characters was actually realistic, and flowed perfeclty.

Sebastian is currently my favorite HR hero. (subject to frequent change
Ally
Apr 18, 2016 Ally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sebastian kicked arse, took names and married well

Setting / Time / Genre: Regency-ish

Length: Audio, almost 10 hours, narrated by Rosalyn Landor

Series: Yes, Bevelstoke series.

Sexy times: Just a few. This is Julia Quinn, come on people. Nothing totally memorable although I feel like there should have been and right now my recall is suffering. So, if you've read this book, was this a steamy one (for Julia?). Help a reader out =)

Plan on reading more by the author Duh.

Synopsis in one sentence or s
Nisha
May 31, 2010 Nisha rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who needs a fresh and fun HR
Reading the back cover of this book did nothing for me. In any case, it was getting the book for free that even motivated me to start so quickly, instead of sticking it on the back burner. Which is especially unfortunate because this is one hellava book. I even number it as one of my favorites and will gladly re-read within this month - that's saying something.

Sebastian (I hate how this name is so popular in HR, I'm really bored of it) is an insomniac/gothic romance writer (under a pseudonym, of
Penny Watson
Jun 22, 2010 Penny Watson rated it really liked it
Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn

Okay, I am a long-term Julia Quinn fan (Bridgerton series...yay!). I realize that her books have moved from pretty emotional and having some substance to more-or-less fluff. Now don't get me wrong. I love fluff. I love endless, silly banter. I don't even mind cutesy stuff like top ten lists sprinkled throughout the book. But as I was reading this book, several things occurred to me. I was about 1/3? of the way through and nothing had happened yet. Nothin
valee
Jun 14, 2010 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Adored it. Absolutely a terrific read. I had already loved the first book in the series, although not so much the second one. But this one was amazing. It helped me to remember why I loved JQ so much. I must admit after having read her Bridgertons series, I would never read something from her as good, but this one definitely was.

I enjoyed terribly each page. This book was wicked, hilarious and extremely entertaining. Laugh hard with almost every page. I mean, you must always r
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
5 Things I loved about this book:

1 Sebastian Grey, he was a typical Quinn hero; charming and roguish enough to be a little dangerous but in no way a complete cad 2 The glimpse into previous characters life's, you get to see Olivia and Harry Valentine happily married and Harry's brother Edward which leads me to 3 I think (okay hope) that her next book is about Edward as he had a little character development in this book and also 4 I hope he ends up with Louisa, the heroines cousin, as I actually
Caz

I’ve been on a bit of a Julia Quinn audio-glom this year, having listened to Just Like Heaven, A Night Like This, and It’s in His Kiss in the last few months alone! I frequently turn to her books or audios when I want something light and a bit fluffy, which has plenty of humour and engaging characters, and I can say that Ten Things I Love About You most definitely fits that particular bill.

It may not be up to the standard of some of her earlier Bridgerton books, but in Sebastian Grey sh
Laura the Highland Hussy
Aug 23, 2010 Laura the Highland Hussy rated it really liked it
I am not Julia Quinn's biggest fan. Ever since that awful Two Dukes of Wyndham episode, I haven't wanted to pick her up again.
this one just looked so cute, though, so I gave JQ another shot...boy am I glad I did! What a fun romance! It caught my attention and held it throughout, and it was just plain sweet.
Annabel is enjoying her first season in London, sort of. She's a country girl at heart whose grandmother thought it might be fun to sponsor her. So her grandmother finds an earl who wants her.
MRB
Sep 13, 2013 MRB rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me establish this from the outset: I have somewhat odd taste :) I tend to fall in love with the less popular works of popular authors. My very favorite Loretta Chase, for example, is one that most LC fans I know have never heard of or were resoundingly indifferent to: The Devil's Delilah. And...*deep breath*...I never fell quite as in love with Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series as I wanted or expected to. Most of the entries were enjoyable---some more so than others---but I just wasn't as head ...more
Amelia Fransiska
There were 10 things about Sebastian and Annabel that i do love most:

1. He loves Annabel for being herself, an amazing, intelligent, kindhearted, ridiculously competitive woman he has ever met.
2. He loves to devote himself to the singular task of making her smile.
3. He loves her smile
4. He loves her laugh
5. He loves the utter genuineness and generosity of her heart.
6. She loves him so splendidly well
7. She loves his secret
8. She loves his writing career
9. She loves the way he always made her smi
Huma Rashid
Nov 10, 2011 Huma Rashid rated it did not like it
This book had its funny and cute and entertaining moments, but was a pretty dismal JQ romance. I have to admit, the Lord of Newbury just creeped me the hell out. I know that it was a viable plot point - women being forced into marriages with older men is a Regency staple as far as plotlines go - but it was just so skeevy and gross that it really sucked away some of my enjoyment of the story.

Seriously, Sebastian is so lovely, and it sucks that his story involves someone as dull, ho-hum, and unrem
jenjn79
Jun 27, 2010 jenjn79 rated it liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I'm on the fence about this book. I liked certain things, others didn't quite click. The first half was so-so, while I enjoyed the second half. It was kind of a book of extremes in terms of liking it.

Series Note:
Third book in Quinn's unofficially titled "Bevelstoke" series set in London. I don't think it's necessary to read the previous books.

Summary:
Annabel Winslow has spent the entire life in the country with her family, but her father's death has led to financial worries. So her grandparents
Tandie
This was so much fun to read! Not much in this genre earns 5 stars from me. I was completely entertained and grinned through much of this novel. Yes, it was formulaic, right down to the annoying bit of danger tacked on to the end. Fluffy cotton candy for the brain.
Jill
Oct 03, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jill by: MRB

* Thanks Marla for the recommendation!
Lindsay
Aug 09, 2016 Lindsay rated it really liked it
In the spirit of the book, I will attempt to review this book using 10 talking points. :)

1. First and foremost, I really loved both of the main characters. Annabel was sweet and smart and strong and had a good sense of humor. Sebastian was charming, witty, handsome, and everything you'd want a lead male to be in HR. They ended up being quite adorable together, and it is the two of them together that kept me reading this book.

2. For the most part, this falls under the cute and fluffy HR category
Clare
May 30, 2010 Clare rated it it was amazing
Ten Things I Love About This Book:

One: It's delightful to read a romance novel and laugh out loud. This book brought back pleasure reading. (Oh, not in that way!)

Two: I've been reading so many depressing books lately and both main characters are such loving, affectionate people despite their trials, that maybe I fell a little in love with them too.

Three: Sebastian Grey is a cheerful, happy hero, despite his insomnia brought on by the war. We know right away that he needs the right woman in his
RomanceNovelNews.com
May 21, 2010 RomanceNovelNews.com rated it it was amazing
Review by Jennifer Porter for RomanceNovelNews.com

Julia Quinn delights with her wickedly humorous tale about a couple’s tumultuous road to true love. Annabel Winslow has a bit of a problem. Her grandmother, Lady Margaret Vickers, is pushing her into marriage with the aging but wealthy Earl of Newbury. As one of eight siblings, Annabel would help support the struggling Winslow clan with such a marriage.

Newbury is desperate to marry and produce an heir in order to prevent his nephew, Sebastian Gre
Sophie Barnes
Aug 01, 2012 Sophie Barnes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: julia-quinn
This was just as wonderful as The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever, which I adored - such a lovely addition to the series. I do suggest reading the other books first however, simply because I think you'll get a lot more out of the 'flash back' scenes - which add an extra bit of inside humor.
As is the case with Julia Quinn's novels, the characters are wonderfully portrayed, featuring even a decrepit earl that our heroine is (most unfortunately) supposed to marry... But fear not, friends - i
Leah

I remember last year when almost everyone seemed to be reading this book. My Goodreads updates feed was always inundated with updates and reviews for Ten Things I Love About You, yet I never considered reading it. Big mistake on my part. I loved this book, and I thought it was just as good as What Happens in London.

Sebastian became one of my favorite characters in What Happens in London as Harry's charming, rogue of a cousin. But it was in this book that I came to love him. In Ten Thing
Manda Collins
Jun 12, 2010 Manda Collins rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Julia Quinn, amusing historicals, stories about novelists
TEN THINGS is classic Julia Quinn, pairing a forthright country-bred debutante with a charming but feckless secret-novelist. The dialogue sparkles, the chemistry between the hero and heroine crackles and the very real threat that keeps them apart is loathsome enough that I breathed a sigh of relief when these two were finally able to declare themselves betrothed. A frothy, yet poignant and satisfying read.
Tammy Walton Grant
A plea to all of my GR friends: If you see me adding another one of these frothy, fluffy bits of wallpaper you are to stop me IMMEDIATELY and remind me how much I don't like them.

Original comment January 16/11: I can't believe I checked this out of the library -- I usually avoid books like this just on principle.
Brigitte
Jul 07, 2010 Brigitte rated it it was ok
I gave this title two stars because I did not hate it. Unfortunately, I did not like it either. As has been the case with the past few Quinn titles (okay, the past four titles), there is a great deal of telling, as opposed to actual action. For instance, Annabel Winslow is described as supposedly being the "Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind". However, the character spends most of the story being easily manipulated, and unbelieveably bland (I'm still waiting for her to speak her mind). I'd sa ...more
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior (Adventurers’ Club #2)
  • A Duke of Her Own (Desperate Duchesses, #6)
  • The Truth About Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #1)
  • Then Comes Seduction (Huxtable Quintet, #2)
  • Last Night's Scandal (Carsington Brothers #5)
  • How I Met My Countess (Bachelor Chronicles, #6)
  • Unclaimed (Turner, #2)
  • When Harry Met Molly (Impossible Bachelors, #1)
  • Goddess of the Hunt (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #1)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more
More about Julia Quinn...

Bevelstoke (3 books)
  • The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke, #1)
  • What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2)

“I can imagine no greater bliss than to lie about, reading novels all day.” 196 likes
“Don’t tell me your name. It’s likely to awaken my conscience, and that’s the last thing we want.” 25 likes