Start by marking “Stupid Science: Weird Experiments, Mad Scientists, and Idiots in the Lab” as Want to Read:
Stupid Science: Weird Experiments, Mad Scientists, and Idiots in the Lab

Stupid Science: Weird Experiments, Mad Scientists, and Idiots in the Lab

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  7 reviews
New York Times best-selling humorist Leland Gregory chronicles laboratory experiments gone awry, modern-day mad scientists, and scientific mythconceptions inside Stupid Science. Consider these cases of misdirected human activity, each in the name of science:

* The Illinois Department of Conservation spent $180,000 to study the contents of owl vomit.
* Georgia State Universit
Published September 15th 2009 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Stupid Science, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stupid Science

Apr 16, 2011 LAnn rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 1-star
I really didn't pick up this book with high hopes, only because I read Leland Gregory's 'Stupid History' and didn't care for it. Still, there was a lingering idea that maybe 'Stupid Science' would be just a little better than 'Stupid History'. News flash! It wasn't. In fact, I didn't care much for 'Stupid Science' at all.

Though there were interesting stories inside the book and, much to my disbelief, articles, newspapers, and magazine notations in the pieces as to where he got this information,
I enjoyed this book. There were some LOL moments.
Kind of boring......
Fun library read. Fun things and funny experiments.
While this was not laugh out loud funny, I really did enjoy learning about all the strange and offbeat scientific discoveries that have been made in the past twenty years, as well as the scientific blunders. It was a really enjoyable read from start to finish, and well worth the amazon price of one cent plus shipping.
While there are some humorous examples presented in this book, I think it was written by someone with little to no understanding of science and the scientific method with an anti-science ax to grind.
Amazing collection of data demonstrating consistently how non-scientists do not understand science.
Tom marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Jennifer Calland
Jennifer Calland marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Natasha marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Bobby marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
April Vangelderen
April Vangelderen marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Cliff marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Bonnie added it
Jul 16, 2014
Randall Christopher
Randall Christopher marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Chris Graf
Chris Graf is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2014
Donna marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Amanda Gronemeyer
Amanda Gronemeyer is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2013