Start by marking “Biomega, Vol. 2 (Biomega, #2)” as Want to Read:
Biomega, Vol. 2 (Biomega, #2)

Biomega, Vol. 2 (Biomega / バイオメガ #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  435 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Searching for the key to save a world beyond hope. Tsutomu Nihei's zombie sci-fi horror epic!

R to L (Japanese Style). Searching for the key to save a world beyond hope. Tsutomu Nihei's sci-fi horror epic! Zoichi's Lost Eon Green for now, but other urgent matters have emerged… Data Recovery Foundation forces are amassing around Toa Heavy Inustry headquarters and h
Published May 11th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 19th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Biomega, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biomega, Vol. 2

Strangerealms
This manga is the usual Nihei stuff, some Killy-like badass character is on a mission and kills monsters along the way. You can expect action, violence, blood, decapitations, etc. The drawings are beautiful as usual. The whole world seems to be set in the same as Blame but before Blame and Noise. Nihei introduces interesting characters, new monsters and a new storyline. But, and there is a big but, the manga would have been better if it would have been a book or two longer. The manga is good up ...more
Ian Reay
Ever since Blame!, I've been following Tsutomu Nihei's works as he becomes progressively more popular in the United States. It is unfortunate that Blame! is out of print in the US, being that it's become a cult phenomenon in terms of darker, cyberpunk manga.

Biomega is the next level. Nihei's usage of huge, expansive spaces and massive architectual structures creates a heightened sense of grandeur. A style that has certainly become one of his distinctions as a manga artist. He chooses to carry on
Janelle Dazzlepants
I'm no manga expert so this review is just going to be my n00b thoughts on the storyline and artwork.

****Spoilers for plot****

Plot: Motorbike dude (aka Zoichi) is still doing his thing, driving around killing CEU agents and destroying some of their submarines. The CEU have infiltrated Toha Heavy Industries and are either killing off the staff or infecting them with a weakened version of the N5S virus. They're also going around raping drones and each other for good measure. We get a bit of backs
Nicola Mansfield
This book does not have page numbers but I managed to read 3/7 chapters. I was wary going in as I had problems with Vol. 1 but the story was intriguing enough for me to give Vol. 2 a try. Surprisingly enough, I had different problems this time around. After writing my review on Volume one I was contacted by fans of the author and told that he is well-known for his stark, wordless mangas with minimal text, and from that I knew I was probably reading the wrong guy as I like words. So when I starte ...more
Elaine
I can't decide if this a simple plot made unnecessarily complicated by throwing acronyms at you or a complicated plot that is suffering from inadequate storytelling and world-building. Either way the result is a convoluted plot with action scenes and things blowing up. Sounds like the premise of a dozen different Hollywood summer action flicks, and visually speaking, the paneling and the art does feel very cinematic.

However, with all the focus on the action, there is very little time for any pl
Spencer
I am enjoying this series, but am admittedly confused for much of it. The b/w sketches don't help. Everyone looks the same, not enough is explained, and too much is left out for it to be entirely coherent 100%. Still worth the read, but a little extra work would have made it that much better.
Tyler
Dec 29, 2014 Tyler rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Pretty cool follow up. Being a little out of it I feel like I missed something but eh 3.5/4 stars--it's still cool
Alexander Case
Nice continuation of the series, though the tone manages to be dramatically more dire and bleak than last volume was.
M Elsehry
i liked the drawing, the little conversation
but really it is confusing
i will try to read all related manga to try to understand
what's the hell is going on >>>>>>>>>>>>> :)
Dustin
The action and zombie grotesquerie continues apace - some interesting plot developments got explained, so the whole thing makes a lot more sense at this point, but I feel the tension is marred by the cliffhanger introduction at the very end of what appears to be a major 3rd party. Also I have to say it's a little disappointing that the grizzly bear with the sniper rifle and a hook for a hand is so physically outclassed by, well, everything else in the book. It's like watching Whorf get beat up o ...more
David

Second book, of six. I still don't really know what's going on, because the author/artist seem to be REALLY interested in drawing page after page of ACTION, along with WORDS... like "Shik!" and "VROOOOM!" and "WOOOOMP!" ...It would make a great action movie, but really. Seriously. Plot... plot soon? Yes?

Also, the talking bear now has a hook replacing one of his paws. This makes him infinately more interesting, but we still don't know his story, so I shall read on.

Whup the zombies, talking bear w
Matthew
This volume continues the story from volume one, broadening the world and providing some explanations for the horrible events of the first volume. While I really liked the bigger scope, I felt a little more disconnected without having one central character to grab ahold of. That said, it's a very fun, very dark story with zombies, gunplay, and a talking grizzly bear filled with great visual storytelling.
sweet pea
zombies. a talking bear with a hook arm. a hot android on a motorcycle. not hard to guess that i love this series. the art is amazing. that said, the plot is a little less interesting to me this time out. i can only watch motorcycle chases for so long. more talking bear, s'il vous plaît.
Roberto Ty
My thoughts on this series were capture in my review of the first volume.

Volume 2 is more of the same, but there seems to be shift in Nihei's art. There's less crosshatching, which I found inspired in the first book.

Malcolm Ross
This series is a confusing, but hard to put down, mostly because of how pretty it is.
That being said, I would whole heartedly recommend this to people who can appreciate a descent story and character development if the art is good enough. Also, you have to like sci-fi horror...
Michael Foley
The artwork exceeds the storyline, but Nihei makes for an exciting ride. His pencils and inks are exciting but there are subtle details that push the story forward. It is important for the reader take their time with the various panels despite the forward momentum of the artwork.
Jeremy
This was an opportunity to go deeper into the story, but it felt like one big chase. I'm hoping the later volumes slow down the action just a little bit and give me some characters. I'm glad the bear is still around, though.
Adam
Yeaaaaa it's kinda getting old. The action is great and all, but there's really no character or story development. It's just a series of cool looking boss battles.
Karl Fischer
Pretty much hooked after reading this one. Lots of over-the-top action and gorgeous landscapes.
Morbus Iff
I continue to love the artwork, but I'm slowly starting to disbelieve the story. Not good.
Oghenemarho
same as volume 1 except this time the story is way more convoluted
Michael
Just too much visual imagery and not enough storytelling.
  • Battle Royale Ultimate Edition Volume 2 (v. 2)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #2)
  • Starcraft: Ghost Academy, Volume 1
  • Gunsmith Cats Omnibus, Volume 2
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 1
  • The Drifting Classroom, Vol. 2 (Drifting Classroom)
  • Appleseed: The Scales of Prometheus (Appleseed, #3)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 15: The Titanic Tournament (Dragon Ball, #15)
  • The Vision of Escaflowne, Vol. 2
See also 弐瓶 勉.

Tsutomu Nihei (弐瓶 勉 Nihei Tsutomu, born 1971) is a Japanese manga artist. His cyberpunk-influenced artwork has gained a strong cult following. He has a relatively large community of fans in Germany where his manga Blame!, NOiSE and Biomega were published by Ehapa. Blame! was also published in France and Spain by Glénat, in the US by Tokyopop and in Italy by Panini Comics.

At first he
More about Tsutomu Nihei...

Biomega / バイオメガ (6 books)
  • BIOMEGA バイオメガ 1 (Biomega Vol. 1)
  • Biomega, Vol. 3 (Biomega, #3)
  • Biomega, Tome 4
  • Biomega, Bd. 5
  • Biomega, Vol. 6 (Biomega, #6)
Blame!, Vol. 1 BIOMEGA バイオメガ 1 (Biomega Vol. 1) Blame!, Vol. 2 Blame!, Vol. 3 Blame!, Vol. 6