The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure #3)

The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure #3)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  697 ratings  ·  51 reviews
From the New York Times bestselling author of Raising Atlantis and The Atlantis Prophecy comes an explosive new international thriller jam-packed with political and prophetic intrigue.

Beneath the city of God,

A centuries-old secret awaits.

And every power on earth wants it.

The adventure begins with the wreckage of a sunken Nazi submarine and a shocking legacy of H...more
Published August 11th 2009 by Atria Books (first published January 1st 2002)

Elii Vela
3.5/5

Primero hablemos de los personajes centrales de la novela para que podamos entender un poco mejor de qué va todo ésto.

Dr. Conrad Yeats, astroarqueólogo que ha perdido parte de su respeto en la comunidad científica por cuestiones que lamentablemente en este libro no se describen (éste es el último de la trilogía al que se le suma un spin off). Fue encontrado en la antártida, congelado en el hielo por el Griffter Griffin Yeats, quien lo adopta como su hijo y lo lleva de regreso a América. Seg...more
Megs
As a thriller novel this book was an excellent page turner, however as the final book in a series it was a sorry disappointment. After devouring the first two books early in the summer I immediately went online to see how long I had to wait for the third. In anticipation of the release in August I started reading up on some of the details and found hints like “mysteries surrounding Conrad finally explained” or “romance between Conrad & Serena explored” but unfortunately none of these hints c...more
Rai
The Atlantis Revelation caps a very entertaining trilogy

I was already a fan of Thomas' previous two books, Raising Atlantis & The Atlantis Prophecy - both of those were rollicking fun, totally entertaining, and a great way to escape on intriguing adventures for a few reading hours. I am happy to say that The Atlantis Revelation is a worthy successor in the Atlantis trilogy. It is smart, well-researched, has loads of action, and presents fascinating concepts that kept me interested the whole...more
Kristi
I found the book to be highly readable, even enjoyable. I should have been able to give it four or five stars, but there were just ...problems. Maybe it deserves a 3.5.
If you enjoy conspiracy theory, you'll find about half of all of them represented here, especially of the secret organization trying to rule the world shadow government type.
The action is fact paced - so fast it made me stop and think, 'WHAT?!!?' Oh we're in DC, now we're in Greece, oh, now London, Paris, DC, Gaza - do these peopl...more
Tony
Thomas Greanias- The Atlantis Revelation (Pocket Star Books 2010) 4 Stars

Conrad Yeats is exploring the inside of a destroyed Nazi submarine following clues that have led him to what could be a deadly discovery. Hitler was searching for Atlantis and what he found could have altered the result of the war. Now Yeats must put a stop to a deadly scheme that could jumpstart Armageddon. It is another race against time and this time it might just cost him everything he holds dear.

I loved the introductio...more
Henry Manlick
This is a book that I found in the way I find many of my books- I was browsing through a used book store, and saw one titled Raising Atlantis. I had been reading many books that involve Atlantis, and after reading the summary on the back, I bought it. After reading it, I found that it was very much to my liking, so I looked for the next. This is the third book of this set, the most recent that I have read. I liked this book a lot, mostly because it involves an alternate-history style story.
The b...more
Betsy
Jaime
While I didn't win this in a Goodreads giveaway, Greanias sent a signed ARC copy of the second novel by mistake - and then a signed copy of this one as well- after I won another one of his novels. It sounded interesting, so I took the first out of the library and it was great.

I enjoyed this more than the second, but I think I'm done with Conrad Yeats. Actually, I'm more done with Serena. She's...manipulative, but my feelings for her extend beyond that. I don't like how callous she is, and how sh...more
Greg
Pretty good thriller. Seems to follow a similar plot formula to many of the other thrillers I've read lately: guy with some unusual knowledge set, girl who ends up being a past love interest or something develops during the course of the story, and some type of far-fetched conspiracy the protagonist must thwart.

Not going to repeat the synopsis from the back of the cover, but this novel succeeds at what it's trying to do and keeps you reading and wanting to find out what will happen next and even...more
James Young
Well it was the same book as the other two. Unrequited love, physical angst and international intrigue. I enjoyed this book and the precedeing books but I really hate the ending and the set up for a fourth book as well as the introduction of the new character for the Book that is a spin off. I am as always a harsh critic and although I personally could not create and write a book of fiction I wanted something more from this one. The plot development was lacking and made me assume alot, which is...more
Fredrick Danysh
Dr Conrad Yeats is still battling the Alignment. This time he is chasing the prize from a sunken Nazi submarine carrying a cargo believed to be from Atlantis and then sunk by the British. Despite numerous attempts on his life, he and the Catholic nun he loves play a cat and mouse game against world domination. Numerous plot twists in this thriller.
Mattias
Its a good conclusion to the trilogy even though I liked the first two books better. This one feels a little tired as if Greanias energy ran out somewhat. But it is still an exciting read with Conrad Yeats getting out of many complicated situations and exotic places around the world. The story is decent and the action is good but I have to say that Yeats isnt the most interesting hero I have encountered. The most fascinating character is still Sister Serena which has a complicated past and prese...more
Edward H. Busse, III
NO SPOILERS!! The story picks up with Conrad immediately doing battle with the Alignment. This story was slightly better than #2 but I felt like some of the action was just a bit too easy/simple for both the good and bad guys to get in/out of - just like in the 2nd book. Mr. Greanias' writing was excellent and he did a nice job at describing the environments, the action, the geography. One of the most enjoyable parts of these books is the global conspiracy piece - Mr. Greanias does an excellent...more
Wayne Wilson
I have only read this part of Greanias' series on Atlantis and its role in this series is kind of interesting. I am more interested in the previous books in this series; although I did enjoy the read.

The seed bank in Norway is part of this book and Greek Fire and a beautiful linguist from the Vatican. A definite page turner (although I listened to the book). Once again as in many books like this there is this shadowy international cabal filled with Billionaires that is trying to take over the wo...more
J
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

I classify it as forgettable, and yet I did read it all the way through. I'm a sucker for mysteries/thrillers that entail archaeology of Rome and the Holy Land.

The hero, archaeologist Conrad Yeats, is a James Bond kind of guy who can do no permanent wrong and sustain no fatal injury.

Probably my Catholic background, but it bothered me a bit that he romanced a nun, but i do like the notion of a gorgeous nun.

The ending, in which the romantic pair, manage to save the world, lite...more
Steve
I suspect that it would have been better to read the previous Atlantis books. The book has a lot of parts and complexity put it is a fairly simple story where the good guys and bad guys are easy to see, and you know from the beginning that everything will work out for our hero. The Alignment is a centuries old group wanting to take over the world. They are after technology from Atlantis to make their dreams come true. The story takes us over Europe, the Meditarian, and Israel. Quick read, but no...more
Cathy
Finished this trilogy and was not overly impressed. The astro-archaeologist Conrad Yeats is out to save the world again. This time it leads him to secret tunnels under the city of Jerusalem.
If you really, really, really want to read a book in the archaeology/suspense genre I guess you could pick these up. Otherwise I think there are a lot more of the genre out there that have better stories. These were well-written but it is the stories that I found lacking.
Andrew Christensen
Picked up this book because I'm fascinated by these Myths and Legends and love to see them weaved into a good mystery/thriller a la Dan Brown Novels. This one fell short for me. It was formulaic and suspension of disbelief didn't work for me. I looked for a retelling and unraveling of the myths in the storyline, but I found myself disappointed overall. Still I discovered a thing or two which help my interest enough for me to finish it.
Emiliya
Добре написана и интересна за четене.
Andronicus Kok
Finished the last book of the Atlantic series. Atlantis Revelation by Thomas Greanias. Conrad discovers a device left by an old elite German Force where ending I the wrong hands could bring disastrous results. As he seeks the truth to the hidden globes which pinpoint the location and code, he must fend off enemies who will stop at nothing to achieve their goals. A great ending. ;)
Mark
I'm a big fan of the last two books and i just finished reading this one, I liked it better then the last one and the twist at the end was nuts. Overall great end to the series and i hope these books get made into live action movies, The characters are worth four stars alone & story is just too good. I always imagined Claire Danes as Serena and Sam Worthington as Conrad.

Stephen
Whether this is the actual end of the series or not, it did end on a good note for the protagonist and his love interest. The twists and turns were wonderful and bringing the Nazi connection was a real draw for me. I've enjoyed this series and am sorry to reach the end (?), but will definitely be rereading them from time to time. Finished it in one day.
Leon
Just like a Hollywood blockbuster; An action-packed, escapade across Europe by a former American archeologist who like a modern-day Indiana Jones, Isaac Bell (Cussler character) or Robert Langdon, goes up against a secret society in order to save innocent people and the feisty female he truly loves.
Joe
dare i say...a DaVinci knock off? I know that isn't fair to do but...here you are with a centuries old secret, a conspiracy that reaches to the highest levels of every major government, a sunken Nazi submarine and the quest for Atlantis. There were moments that kept me reading but..overall 2 stars.
Tommy
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first two in the Atlantis trilogy. However, it is a good idea to read them in order as they follow a story line from one to two to three. I think this is the last of the series. As of today there is no indication on the author's web site of his next book.
Victoria
I liked this book - it was as exciting as his previous two books and there was a bit more explanation than usual, which was a nice change. Still, there were more than a few explanations missing, so I do hope that the series continues. I will definitely be looking out for any new installments.
Debi
Sort of a Atlantis-mystery thriller written by a 5th grader. Needed a copy-editor. Multiple examples of sentences containing extra words, wrong verb tenses, subject/verb agreement conflicts. I prefer my conflicts in the story line. Won't read this author again.
Tracy
Finally done this series. The best of the three books, however for my view on the series that is not saying much. Enjoyed the action, however everything was a bit over the top. Always an answer or solution easily accessible for Dr. Yeats. Not my favorite series.
Ruth Ann
worst of the trilogy, which is unfortunate. Hardly any surprises, no big mindblowing secrets, and the action is predictable. The scene descriptions are sub-par, and sometimes seem contradictory. Bad dialogue and cliched characters. The ending resolves almost nothing.
Teacher 007.5
I actually liked this book, it was rushing with excitement right from the beginning to the very end! It did not tie up some loss ends from the first two books in the story but I'm okay with it if there is another book in the series coming out :D
  • The Mask Of Troy (Jack Howard, #5)
  • The Aztec Heresy (Finn Ryan, #4)
  • The Messiah Secret (Chris Bronson, #3)
  • The Genesis Plague
  • The Lost Labyrinth (Daniel Knox, #3)
  • Bible of the Dead
  • The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds, #3)
  • Legend (Event Group Adventure, #2)
  • The Covenant Of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)
  • The Vault (Tyler Locke, #2)
  • Dark Rising (Alex Hunter, #2)
  • On the Fifth Day
  • Black Sun (Hawker & Laidlaw, #2)
I'm the New York Times bestselling author of the Raising Atlantis and The Alignment series of novels, and every day AtlantisGO.com posts fresh and free fiction from me and my friends.

AtlantisGO.com

More about Thomas Greanias...
Raising Atlantis (Conrad Yeats Adventure #1) The Atlantis Prophecy (Conrad Yeats Adventure #2) The Atlantis Legacy (Conrad Yeats Adventure #1-2 omnibus) The Promised War (Sam Deker, #1) The Alignment: Ingress

“He opened his mouth to protest, but she gave him her angry-black-woman death stare until he calmed down. She then strapped her grenade launcher to her back, slipped on her mask, pushed aside the metal latrine, and dropped into the sewer.” 0 likes