Start by marking “Trials and Tribble-ations” as Want to Read:
Trials and Tribble-ations

Trials and Tribble-ations (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

Almost a century ago, Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the Starship Enterprise first encountered the irresistible (and astonishingly prolific) life-form known as the Tribbles5, resulting in one of the most unususal adventures in the annals of Starfleet.
Now Captain Benjamin Sisko and the crew of the Defiant are transported back in time to that historic occasion, wher
Published September 22nd 2000 by Pocket Books/Star Trek

To ask other readers questions about Trials and Tribble-ations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trials and Tribble-ations

Amy G
Jan 24, 2012 Amy G rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like The Original Star Trek, and hopefully DS9, this book is a good read. It was written straight off of the episode, which I don't think I realized when I bought it. But I had read the book before ever watching the episode, and it adds a lot of humor that the episode itself didn't provide. Definitely worth reading even if you've seen the episode.
Jul 21, 2009 Randy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun novel based on the episode of Deep Space Nine that put members of DS9 on board the original Enterprise during the time of the Tribbles episode. They melded it all seamlessly into a nice little story.
Jan 13, 2016 Debbie rated it really liked it
It is with some shame that I never actually saw the episode. I dabble as a Star Trek fan, enjoying some of the shows while never really going out of my way to watch the others. DS9 was one that I did watch, though in reruns, and I never did catch Trials and Tribble-Ations. I had heard good things about it so I picked up the novelization. It was amusing, and well written. One day, I may even experience the story as it was meant to have been experienced.
Sean Randall
Very hard to engage deeply with characters in this sort of book, as it's basically a marketing piece for the franchise. I enjoyed the introduction and info about the sets, characters and crew as much as the story. it was great to see this on screen, and it's nice that it has been novelised, but as with many adaptations of screenplays it falls flat as a literary enjoyment.
Ein Wortprotokoll der Der Deep-Space-Nine-Episode »Trials and Tribble-ations« aus der 6. Staffel. Bonusmaterial: Ein mäßiges Vorwort von David Gerrold, dem Autor der StarTrek-Classic-Episode mit den Tribbles.
Jun 10, 2015 Sekrette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: treklit
A great adaption that had me grinning like an idiot, even though anything Trek makes me geek out severely. I particularly enjoyed the chapter where the crew has their makeovers; the way Jadzia is described makes me giggle in a rather embarrassing fashion.
Mar 01, 2009 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, scifi
HAHA, one of THE best original episodes ever, now one of the funniest Deep Space Nine episodes. :)

To prevent the assassination of Kirk early in his career, the Deep Space Nine crew travels back to save him. But how to save one person with the entire enterprise on alert, from the Klingons?
Feb 27, 2010 Vanessa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, series, keep, star-trek
This was my all-time favorite DS9 TV episode, and I have yet to read this book. Although not a huge sci-fi fan, I love Star Trek, and have since a very young age.
Indika De Silva
Jul 11, 2014 Indika De Silva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The novelization of Star Trek Deep Space 9 episode Trials And Tribble-ations!

What more do you want?

The Trekkie in me went crazy. Then I read the book in few hours. Non-stop. Such bliss.

Apr 16, 2014 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
Great novelization of DS9's brilliant TOS tribute episode. Just as much fun in this format as on screen!
Casey rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2010
Jarod Mitchell
Jarod Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2015
Radish rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2010
Scott rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Denise rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2008
Heather rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2009
Brett Thomasson
Brett Thomasson rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Bonnie Reich
Bonnie Reich rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Appoloin rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Scott O'Dell
Scott O'Dell rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Holly P
Holly P rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2008
Donna rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Erik Kalm
Erik Kalm rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2008
Klaudia Janek
Klaudia Janek rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Joseph rated it really liked it
May 05, 2011
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Karan rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2011
Phill rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2012
Brian rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2010
Sara rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Saratoga
  • Wrath of the Prophets (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #20)
  • Time's Enemy (Star Trek Deep Space Nine, #16; Invasion, #3)
  • The Heart of the Warrior (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #17)
  • The Tempest (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #19)
  • Warped (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Objective: Bajor (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #15)
  • Trial by Error (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #21)
  • Antimatter
  • Vengeance (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #22)
  • The Long Night (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #4)
  • Far Beyond the Stars
  • Valhalla
  • The Laertian Gamble
  • Proud Helios
  • Devil in the Sky (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #11)
  • The Big Game
  • Emissary
Diane Carey also wrote the Distress Call 911 young adult series under the name D.L. Carey.

Diane Carey is primarily a science fiction author best known for her work in the Star Trek franchise. She has been the lead-off writer for two Star Trek spin-off book series: Star Trek The Next Generation with Star Trek: Ghost Ship, and the novelization of the Star Trek: Enterprise pilot, Broken Bow.

For more
More about Diane Carey...

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Emissary