Start by marking “Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter” as Want to Read:
Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter

Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter (Fancy Nancy)

Nancy prepares an elegant Easter affair in this fancy new lift-the-flap book!

Throwing a fabulous and fancy Easter party is a very big job—and Nancy and Bree are in charge of decorating! This book includes thirteen flaps that open to reveal hidden surprises that will delight all festive Fancy Nancy fans!
Published December 29th 2009 by HarperFestival

To ask other readers questions about Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter

Gabrielle Carolina Nash
May 06, 2015 Gabrielle Carolina Nash rated it did not like it
Another low point in the FN world for me- relying too heavily on the "lift the flap" gimmick made the plot go out the wayside.

Also, absolutely not enough costume changes.
Christina
Nov 20, 2016 Christina rated it really liked it
love her decorating ideas
Sidney
I love lift the flap books and this one is awesome. The story depends on the kids to find the hidden flaps and lift them. It is a neat concept and helps the story flow. The story is about Nancy preparing for Easter with her family and her friend Bree. They have to decorate the house, dye and hide eggs, go Easter egg hunting and much more. This book is fun and like always I love the "fancy" words
Diane
Mar 02, 2010 Diane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-favorite-read
If you are looking for an adorable Easter book for the special little girl in your life, be sure to check this book out.

As Fancy Nancy prepares for her Easter gala (that's a fancy word for a party), she is busy greeting guests by saying: bonjour (that's a fancy french word for hello), and she makes a beautiful bouquet (that's a fancy word for a very pretty bunch of flowers).

Well, I think you get the idea. I am totally addicted to these adorable "fancy girl" books, that not only tells a cute st
jacky
Our library had a Fancy Nancy Tea Party, so we read as many of these books as we could before the party. Natalie came to like Fancy Nancy's character. The actual concept of fancy might be a little beyond her still, but she asked for the books again and again. This is not that great of a story. Its a life the flap, so its really about finding the eggs. It does still have the fanciness of the series, so a fan of Nancy will be happy. But, not a good place to start the series.
Margaret Chind
In this little 8x8 paperback, Nancy and Bree are getting ready for an easter party. Going through the pages and using the lift-the-flap panels a reader can help them find what the need in supplies. It's a fun and fast read for the easter season full of easter eggs and pastel party supplies.

*Thanks to HC for providing a copy for review.*

posted: http://creativemadnessmama.com/blog/2...
Kristen
Mar 04, 2016 Kristen rated it really liked it
When I pulled this at the library I didn't realize it was a lift-the-flap book. My daughter really loves those types of books. This was a cute story about getting ready for Easter. I always enjoy the illustrations for the Fancy Nancy books. I also usually enjoy the stories. I like that it teaches kids new vocabulary but it's not overly thrown in there. This is a great book for the younger kids who can still enjoy a lift-the-flap book.
Robert
Dec 28, 2011 Robert rated it liked it
This is a perfect book for my daughter; she is very much like Fancy Nancy. She enjoys dressing up, having parties, and making everything just so. This is a cute book for Easter. Nancy uses some excellent words (rustle, elegant). This is a flip book, so readers have plenty to do while reading the book.

Overall, this is a hit!
Amanda
Feb 20, 2015 Amanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book
This book is a quick and easy read with wonderful pictures (some hidden and some in plain sight) that goes with the words. This would be a good story to read around Easter time. Also, there are French words in the book that also tells you the English translation.
Alice
Mar 12, 2013 Alice rated it really liked it
This book is excellent!!! I love Fancy Nancy and this little book is full of surprises (hidden flaps and such) This is a book that will NOT be circulated in our library because of the flaps but it is still ADORABLE!
Heather
Mar 23, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, easter
46 months - I'm not a big fan of lift the flap books, they are typically all the same and boring. Luckily O and I both enjoy Fancy Nancy and although this book isn't as interesting as a full length FN story it does make for a nice addition to our Easter books.
Bethany Emmons
Feb 13, 2015 Bethany Emmons rated it liked it
This book was fun to read because it was a flip book. Young students would find this fun because of the flips in the book they would have a lot of fun guessing what is behind the flips. This book would also be fun to read around Easter because the book is about Easter.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Jan 06, 2013 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it liked it
Shelves: series
So recently, my daughter has become extremely interested in Fancy Nancy. So, we have been reading some of the Fancy Nancy series. This series is lots of fun and all the heart warming moments are a nice touch to the rather flouncy, fancy moments.
Tam
Mar 23, 2011 Tam rated it it was ok
Shelves: easter
We like most of the "Fancy Nancy" books but this one was boring. It has a little bit to do with Easter but not enough for my boys to want to read it as an "Easter" book. Nancy's mom hid a few eggs but they didn't do an egg hunt.
Miri
Feb 24, 2014 Miri rated it really liked it
Shelves: easter
A Fancy Nancy Lift the Flap Book. Nancy is decorating for an Easter Party with her friend Bree. Together they are sure to come up with wonderful and fancy ideas.
Teri
Feb 23, 2012 Teri rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, easter-children
Voila! Love this Fancy Nancy lift-the-flap book. Nancy and her best friend are helping Mom get ready for an Easter party. All the flaps will engage my little one. Really cute!
chloe hall bullock
chloe hall bullock rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2016
Kameron
Kameron rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2009
Kari
Kari rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Mia
Mia rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
May 04, 2011
Connie Rudisill
Connie Rudisill rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Larina Alston
Larina Alston rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Karole Passmore
Karole Passmore rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2013
Aneliya
Aneliya rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2014
Teri
Apr 11, 2012 Teri rated it it was ok
Shelves: easter
blah--just a shallow lift the flap book. We usually love Fancy Nancy--but not this one.
Clare Keogh
Clare Keogh rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Joie
Joie rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
  • Pinkalicious: Pink around the Rink
  • The Easter Egg
  • The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza
  • The Night Before the Tooth Fairy
  • Barbie and the Diamond Castle (Barbie)
  • Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?
  • Every Cowgirl Needs a Horse
  • Angelina's Christmas
  • Barbie in a Mermaid Tale (Barbie)
  • Little Critter at Scout Camp (Look-Look)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Real Easter Eggs
  • Ladybug Girl at the Beach
  • A Tale of Two Sisters (Disney Frozen) (Step into Reading)
Since the publication of Fancy Nancy, Jane O'Connor's closet now boasts so many boas, tiaras, and sparkly ensembles that sometimes friends do not recognize her on the street. She still resides (that's a fancy word for lives) in New York City with her family and their canine companion, Arrow. --from the publisher's website
More about Jane O'Connor...

Fancy Nancy (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Fancy Nancy
  • Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy
  • Fancy Nancy: Bonjour, Butterfly
  • Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words: From Accessories to Zany
  • Fancy Nancy: Explorer Extraordinaire!
  • Fancy Nancy: Tea Parties (Fancy Nancy)
  • Fancy Nancy Halloween... or Bust!
  • Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas
  • Fancy Nancy Heart to Heart
  • Fancy Nancy: Poet Extraordinaire!