Start by marking “The Revised and Expanded Answers Book: The 20 Most-Asked Questions About Creation, Evolution, & the Book of Genesis Answered” as Want to Read:

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  492 ratings  ·  47 reviews
The Revised Answers Book addresses 20 of the most-asked questions on Genesis and the creation/evolution issue. Among the questions answered: Does God exist? What about the arguments for evolution? Were the nephilim extra-terrestrial? Was the flood global? Where are all the human fossils? How did the animals fit on Noah's ark? Did God really take six days? What about carbon ...more
Published September 30th 1990 by New Leaf Press (AR) (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Revised and Expanded Answers Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Revised and Expanded Answers Book

Jimmy
I got this book from a student being homeschooled. Once again Ken "The Scam Man" Ham has pulled off an enormous fraud on gullible Christians. The only question that remains is does The Scam Man really believe this nonsense or is he just laughing all the way to the bank. And what about the poor kids that are being forced fed with this stuff at home. How will they ever learn critical thinking skills.

All of the authors of the essays in this collection love to use the letters "Dr." before their nam
James Piper
Evolution is a fact. It happens. The theory of evolution explains how it happens.

This book is filled with misinformation, distortions and outright lies.

It's not a science book, it's a work of fiction. It's the author's and audience's delusion. It's not an attempt at the truth, but to distort it to protect their fairy tales.
John
I already reviewed the first edition (which was excellent), but this version has the added bonus of containing updated material, new chapters not found in the earlier editions, and hugely improved cover art. If you don't believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God, then this book will probably drive you crazy, but it definitely does a great job of showing how science aligns with the Bible so much more than most people suspect.
Nathan
Jun 15, 2012 Nathan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens and adults who are confused or have questions about creation/evolution
Shelves: favorites
This book changed my view on Genesis. It convinced me that the "gap theory" is wrong. I especially like the chapter on distant starlight. I recommend giving it to teens as well as adults who are confused or have questions about creation/evolution issues.
Chris
Complete garbage meant to protect a world view that is so silly even a child sees through it as you can tell be the questions they ask.
Trish
This is a good book and I found it very informative. Most of the information is easy to understand and made me think about the origins of the world in a way that I had not thought about much before.

As a product of the public schools, I was raised to think that evolution was fact instead of just the THEORY that it is. I think students need to be taught that evolution is a theory and be shown that there are other valid theories out there, too. We need to remember that there is a difference betwee
Chad Warner
This book is aimed at Christians who accept the historicity of the Bible, and wish to understand how modern cosmology, geology, and biology can support a biblical worldview. Not all the chapters deal directly with creation or evolution; some are about biblical historicity, theological implications, and proper translation of Hebrew texts. I don’t think it would be convincing to non-Christians; even though it sometimes uses logical and scientific arguments, it’s full of Bible verses and relies hea ...more
HaameD
I want my time back however I would recommend this book to all gullible and Stupid people out there.If you hate your kids and/or you hate yourself this can be a book that is an "Essential catalyst of blissful Ignorance".
who would even consider such an absurd ...yeah I'm done spending time on this.
Austin
In this book, I was hoping to see the "young-earth creationist" (YEC) view of each topic brought up. However, The authors decided to prove that evolution has many holes in it and that YE creationists have discovered other ways to explain science rather than evolution.
I have several problems with the theology and understanding of the Bible in this book, but I won't mention them here.
I found the book not to be written boringly, however, some of the chapters were disorganized, which sometimes lead
David
This book answers some tough questions relating to the Christian worldview. For example it provides biblical and logical answers for questions relating to:

1. "Where did Cain get his wife?"
2. "What about carbon-dating?"
3. "Where did all the people groups come from?"

It is a fabulous resource which should be read by believers and skeptics of the Christian worldview.
Stephen
This detailed book by Ken Ham offers in-depth discussions and answers to many tough and common questions that even the most faithful Christian will ask.

Through this book Christians will be able to see for themselves that the Word of God, the Bible, is completely accurate in its teachings and be assured of their faith
Benjamin Duffy
Mind-numbingly, dangerously stupid.
John
These days, many people feel that the Book of Genesis in the Bible is about as relevant historically as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. This book makes a great argument as to why such is not the case. It demonstrates that a literal reading of Genesis explains a whole lot more scientific data than most people would give ever it credit for. It also debunks the idea that people who take Genesis seriously are morons who know nothing about science. Ken Ham has a great deal more humility than any oth ...more
Stevie
This was a good book on the basic evidence for pro-young earth creationism. Since I am more acquainted with an old earth perspective it was good to hear the other side.

Poignant Quotes

…everything that has a beginning requires a cause. The universe has a beginning and therefore requires a cause. But God has no beginning since He is beyond time. So God does not need a cause. There is nothing illogical about an eternal Being who has always existed even though it might be difficult to fully understan
Chris
This is one of the 3 Answers in Genesis "Answers" books that help people to understand the real answers behind life's biggest questions. All from a biblical perspective. Wonder where dinosaurs fit in? Evolution? Is there a Heaven/Hell? Look no futher than this 1st book in the series. If you are a Christian, this book helps you with Apologetics, and a way to defend your faith and answer questions from a biblical perspective. If you are not a Christian, if you keep an open mind while reading this, ...more
Linda
I appreciated the scientific information provided to support the authors' views, especially when sources were provided so that I could look them up. They point out some valid flaws in current scientific theories, but sometimes an author will take a more extreme interpretation of a modern scientific theory than is the common view or focus on miniscule issues in a theory. Information was generally presented logically, although one might not agree with their starting assumptions. Many of the author ...more
Peyton
This book is a really great book!!! Stand up for Jesus, Ken Ham!!!! Thank you! Can't wait till you get that ark built!!!
Matt
I really enjoyed this book. I felt that it was (for the most part) easy to follow and went into pretty good depth. I look forward to reading more from Ken Ham!
 Δx Δp ≥ ½ ħ
The Principia of Blasphemy. The worst fiction book I've ever read in 20 years.
L8blmr
I found much of this book, that offers alternatives to evolution and old earth theories, fascinating. Some of it I felt was "glossed over" to add credence to the author's beliefs without being more than his own interpretation of the Bible.

Everyone is, of course, entitled to their own opinion and I have found that one can debate much more intelligently if armed with as much information as possible on BOTH sides of an issue. This book contains a lot of ammunition.
Brian Nelson
Loved it. Even if you don't agree with all Mr. Ham's viewpoints, he presents some very interesting arguments and backs up much of what he says with research. Darwin's "change of kinds" evolution is NOT a proven fact so it is a shame alternate viewpoints are taught in school these days. Highly recommended for non-believers and believers alike.
Kim
We really like this book and the New Answer Book 2 by Ken Ham. Amazing refutation of evolution and million-years age theories. Some answers are incredibly technical and may cause your brain to explode. Some answers seem to require a degree in physics. But there are plenty of other answers for the rest of us to go around.
Abigail
This book was ok. It is good for a starting point for answering some of the tough questions, but because it is geared toward those who need a simple explanation I do not believe it goes far enough. It does however give a good list of strong sources that I will have to start checking out.
Crystal
Clear, concise, scientific answers to questions about dinosaurs, the flood, ice age, and more. Any good scientist ("a person learned in science and especially natural science : a scientific investigator") should read this... if they truly are an "investigator" of science that is.
Nathan
Nov 23, 2014 Nathan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: creation, genesis
Gary
I wouldn't be sure about every fact the authors have produced (especially since it is more than a decade since I read it), but it was useful. If nothing else it helped me as a new believer to see that the case for evolution was far from solid.

Liked it.
Malia
A worthwhile read, this collection of essays did answer the many questions used to challenge creationism. However, it also made me realize that evolutionists probably won't be swayed or converted by mere argument. It's a faith choice either way.
Jenna Leigh
This book gives some very credible answers to difficult questions regarding Genesis and creationism. I thought that it was well put together, didn't overstate its points, and for the most part, just stuck to facts. Very interesting read!
Jason
Most of the "information" in this book is misinformation. Ken Ham distorts, misquotes and outright lies. Look up his sources and read them for yourself.
Tori
Not really the sort of book you want to read cover to cover, it get's rather repetitive after a while, especially if you've ever heard Ken Ham speak.
  • Refuting Evolution: A Handbook for Students, Parents, and Teachers Countering the Latest Arguments for Evolution
  • The Ultimate Proof of Creation: Resolving the Origins Debate
  • Genesis Flood
  • Always Ready: Directions For Defending The Faith
  • Bones of Contention: A Creationist Assessment of the Human Fossils
  • Defense of the Faith
  • A Tale of Two Sons: The Inside Story of a Father, His Sons, and a Shocking Murder
  • Icons of Evolution: Science or Myth? Why Much of What We Teach About Evolution Is Wrong
  • In Six Days: Why Fifty Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation
  • Answers to Tough Questions Skeptics Ask About the Christian Faith
  • What Every Christian Needs to Know about the Qur'an
  • Darwin on Trial
  • Living By the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible
  • Starlight and Time: Solving the Puzzle of Distant Starlight in a Young Universe
  • The Kingdom of the Cults
  • How to Study Your Bible
  • Christian Beliefs: Twenty Basics Every Christian Should Know
The Creation Answers Book 15 Reasons To Take Genesis As History Hoe Bestaat Het!: Antwoord Op Meer Dan 60 Veelgestelde Vragen Over Schepping, Evolutie En De Bijbel Answers to the Big 4 Questions Does Carbon Dating Disprove the Bible?