Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear

The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear (The Berenstain Bears)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,032 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
How can Santa's sleigh land when there's no snow on the ground? How can he possibly fit down all those skinny-minny little chimneys? And how come every mall has a different Santa? These are just some of the highly delicate issues handled in this classic First Time Book that's back in print with a cheery new cover for a new generation of Bear fans.

From the Hardcover edition
Published (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear

The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreThe Elves by David ShockleyRudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Barbara Shook HazenIt's Not about You Mr. Santa Claus by Soraya Diase CoffeltLetters from Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien
Santa Claus, Father Christmas, Saint Nick
14th out of 47 books — 75 voters
Corduroy by Don FreemanBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. MilneLittle Bear by Else Holmelund MinarikThe Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree by Stan Berenstain
Bears on Bookcovers
34th out of 143 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

alana
Jan 04, 2012 alana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrenslit
This is another adorable 80s book that teaches kids that Christmas is about giving to others. As usual with Berenstain Bears books, I was more interested in studying and recreating the drawings of their treehouse than I was in paying attention to the moral of the story.
Siskiyou-Suzy
The description for this book clearly does not go to my copy. Or if it does, then the idea that those questions are "addressed" is laughable as Papa Bear just says "magic" as an answer. Anyway, it's not like I'm looking for that type of book. I kind of think trying to convince children that something is real when it isn't is gross. Little little kids, sure, but once they start asking questions, just be honest with your children. Yeesh.

Anwyay, another childhood book that I have fond memories of b
Jenny Houle
Dec 16, 2014 Jenny Houle rated it it was amazing
That moment when you pick up a kids' book you don't remember having read, and then are flooded with a rush of childhood memories...

While I remember reading ALL of The Berenstain Bear books as a child, this one is filled with the most vivid memories for me because I got it for Christmas Eve the year I turned three. It is the first real book I have memories associated with as a child, but I didn't realize it until I re-read it just now.

Genevieve
Apr 18, 2015 Genevieve rated it it was amazing
This book was about Santa and sister made a really, really, really, really long list and so she made a new one and also got stuff for papa and mama bear. The cubs were really nice they got lots of money and they did it for their parents. I loved the book because I like Santa. My favorite character was Santa cause I like Santa. I would recommend this book to others because they would like Santa, right?
Gabriel Wallis
Apr 11, 2016 Gabriel Wallis rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
It's been a long time since I've read a Berenstain Bears book. I had just as much fun reading it now as I did when I was a child. Brother and Sister are impatient for Christmas to arrive, and in their impatience they meet Santa Bear. Both Brother and Sister write their Christmas lists and, eventually, get what they desire. Ah, Christmas. Whatever happened to the story of Christ?
Melissa
Dec 30, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear is great for small children going to see Santa for the first time. This story uses Sister's excitement for Christmas as a nice way to teach kids about the importance of giving gifts not just receiving them and how busy Santa really is.
Alysia
Dec 31, 2014 Alysia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good kids book

It was great to read to my preschool kids for Christmas. I really recommend this book.
Great for young kids
T Crockett
Dec 17, 2015 T Crockett rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What can I say? It's a classic. We read it every year. This year it entertained kids from 5-11 yrs.
Chester Richmond
This book takes place during the Christmas season and teaches the lesson of giving. The children in the book come to realize that Santa has one of the greatest jobs that exists because he gets to give to people. They learned that their is a great deal of fulfillment in making someone else happy.

In your classroom you could use this book simply around Christmas time as a seasonal book. Otherwise you could use the book to teach the moral importance of giving and could especially use this book if y
Marina
Mar 01, 2014 Marina added it
it grabbed my attention. it was a little to hard
The Night Hawk (Erin)
Dec 05, 2014 The Night Hawk (Erin) rated it it was amazing
Part of my childhood.
Maria Kiguthi
Jan 09, 2013 Maria Kiguthi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We enjoy Brother and Sister Bear and all the different books and lessons they learn. In this book Sister gets caught up in the commercial side of Christmas and makes a huge list of what she wants from Santa. Brother says he doesn't want Santa to think he is greedy. Sister also worries about all the times she wasn't good. Sister revises her list to be just a few items and understands that Santa doesn't expect kids to be perfect just good.
Anna
Jan 05, 2014 Anna rated it really liked it
Brought our vintage 1987 copy of this book to Bryce and Sean for Christmas 2013.

The bear cubs meet Santa and also learn a lesson from their parents about the true meaning of Christmas.
chucklesthescot
It is the first time that Sister Bear has had the chance to meet Santa Bear at the Mall and she starts to worry that with so many presents on her wish-list, she might look greedy and get nothing at all. But Brother Bear has met Santa Bear and has plenty of advice for Sister which gets her thinking about the meaning of Christmas.
Catarina
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year at my house. We try to keep the spirits up all year long counting the days for Christmas and so Christmas books have a special place in my heart.
This particular one was very sweet and simple and right to the point. I liked it a lot. It's my favourite BB so far.
Jeannie
Typical Stan and Jan fare. But what I like about this one is the message that the giving moments are often the quietest and seemingly least noticed--yet these are the moments that bring us the greatest joy. Stan and Jan did a great job of presenting this truth without having to moralize.
Katie Roberts
Brother Bear and Sister Bear have some important questions about Santa that are concerning them. How are there so many different Santas? How will Santa be able to land his sleigh without snow on the ground? This book answers some of these important questions for children.
E
Jan 28, 2008 E rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Ah, sweet memories of my parents reading this book to me right before the holidays. I (rather reluctantly) learned that Christmas lists were not about going through the toy catalog and highlighting everything I wanted and for that it was an invaluable story.
Stacey
Apr 20, 2013 Stacey rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite holiday books. This is a seasonal book that can be used to teach students about Christmas, and also teach other students with different cultures about Xmas. This is also go to encourage students to share love by giving gifts.
Jan 17, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: holidays
I really, really liked this book. It contains some Christmas "traditions." This book does a really good job in teaching how to not be greedy and to give more than you receive. It teaches some good lessons to younger children.
Sarah Winters
Dec 17, 2012 Sarah Winters rated it liked it
This was a little longer (more words) of a story but I think some students would enjoy it. It isn't ideal because it talks about Christmas which some students can't relate too. Recommended for second to fourth graders.
Gretchen
Nov 23, 2013 Gretchen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, pre-k-elem
A great holiday book for kids, addressing things like not being greedy, having a giving spirit, helping those less fortunate, even how Santa gets his job done, and the magic of Christmastime.
Sam Malcolm
Good book to read around the holidays. Could follow it up by taking donations to give to other people or by making cards. You could definitely do a lot with this book.
Tania
Dec 07, 2010 Tania added it
Good book to use to teach children about some people's holiday traditions and has a lot to do with teaching children not to be greedy.
Shannon
May 13, 2012 Shannon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1988
"Shannon 1988." I love that Santa is a bear in this episode. I remember being appalled at the length of Sister Bear's Christmas list.
Aug 10, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I still have a copy of this book to this day, great book to read to little kids around the holidays!!
Elizabeth S
Dec 22, 2011 Elizabeth S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, the Berenstain Bears tackle sensitive subjects (Is Santa real?) with a lot of fun.
Alexandra
Nov 14, 2015 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Sweet story about understanding the true meaning of Christmas
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As is often the case, not quite so great of a seasonal story
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
My favorite character is sister bear. S.L-L
  • The Biggest, Most Beautiful Christmas Tree
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad
  • Curious George Goes to a Costume Party
  • Arthur's Christmas (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Clifford's Good Deeds
  • Madeline's Christmas
  • Franklin's Christmas Gift
  • Cranberry Christmas
  • Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia
  • Santa's Toy Shop (a Big Little Golden Book)
  • The Berenstain Bears: Safe and Sound!
  • Corduroy's Christmas Surprise
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 73 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Baby
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to School
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor
  • The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
  • The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (First Look Books, #7)
  • The Berenstain Bears in the Dark